• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I dunno why Lupe doing all this when he can just drop a track if he actually wants K.Dot's attention.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Wait a minuteā€¦ I liked some of Lupe musicā€¦ someone please send his beef records my way so I can see what this hype is about.

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
Wait a minuteā€¦ I liked some of Lupe musicā€¦ someone please send his beef records my way so I can see what this hype is about.
www.youtube.com

Lupe Fiasco - SLR 2 (Kendrick Lamar Response) New CDQ Dirty NO DJ

Who better to represent the city of Chicago than Lupe Fiasco as the responses flood in to Kendrick Lamar's "Control" verse. Lupe releases "SLR 2 (Super Lupe ...
Not a diss but Mos def didn't want that smoke lol
youtu.be

Backed Out With The Quickness Yasiin Bey AKA Mos Def No Longer Wants To Battle After Lupe Fiasco Acc

Backed Out With The Quickness: Yasiin Bey AKA Mos Def No Longer Wants To Battle After Lupe Fiasco Accepted His Challenge! (Audio)Backed Out With The Quicknes...

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
When Drake releases his diss then we can do a countdown for a Kendrick response.
You can't go from sneak dissing to sneaking a diss out and expect that to be the cannon fired

If you think this was "sneaking a diss out" you aren't paying attention to how much hype is around this song lmao

If anything, him not releasing it "officially" is another move to show dominance, because literally everyone would be streaming it and giving him money, this way it's just like he doesn't care.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
If you think this was "sneaking a diss out" you aren't paying attention to how much hype is around this song lmao

If anything, him not releasing it "officially" is another move to show dominance, because literally everyone would be streaming it and giving him money, this way it's just like he doesn't care.
There's layers to this

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

Drake said earlier that he doesn't need to diss them to sell his latest work, so this not being on DPS kinda makes sense.

Kdot was very aggressive on Like That and wanted the smoke. Now resorting to it's not official just so Kendrick doesn't have to response is ridiculous. Most of the diss tracks if the past weren't official released records.

People looking for excuses again.

DriftDrafs

Apr 13, 2024
Between this and the Whoo Kid join, you can feel that Drake was following 50 and how he was moving during beefs closely lol

50 has a long list of people of people he trolled on, but no one has been able to shut him down completely like Jadakiss did (still my all timer diss track, but just a heads up on the f-bomb like 25 seconds in) :

m.youtube.com

Jadakiss - Checkmate (50 Cent Diss)

You did it baby!Congratulations, homie!You made history!1.1 million in a short week! [laughs]Screw a press conference, press this on your conscience!D-Block,...

K.Dot gotta launch the nukes or it'll never end.

BRVR

Mar 9, 2022
Even if Lupe released the most incredible diss record ever created, most people just won't care unfortunately. That relevancy isn't there anymore and when there isn't as much relevancy there isn't hype/excitement.

I'm a huge Lupe fan and I was obsessed with The Cool when I was younger but yeah his time is done

And also, another drake reference leaked...ugh I don't know how I feel about all this.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017
Even if Lupe released the most incredible diss record ever created, most people just won't care unfortunately. That relevancy isn't there anymore and when there isn't as much relevancy there isn't hype/excitement.

I'm a huge Lupe fan and I was obsessed with The Cool when I was younger but yeah his time is done
Yea who's looking out for Lupe in the year of 2024 except for some boom bap dustheads that still wear Kangol hats?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
50 has a long list of people of people he trolled on, but no one has been able to shut him down completely like Jadakiss did (still my all timer diss track, but just a heads up on the f-bomb like 25 seconds in) :

m.youtube.com

Jadakiss - Checkmate (50 Cent Diss)

You did it baby!Congratulations, homie!You made history!1.1 million in a short week! [laughs]Screw a press conference, press this on your conscience!D-Block,...

K.Dot gotta launch the nukes or it'll never end.
To be fair, no one really can't compete with Kiss like that. Which is why I find it funny that people put rappers that never really beefed like Kendrick on the same level as certified killers like Kiss and them from the older generation.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017

And also, another drake reference leaked...ugh I don't know how I feel about all this.

Something other than jumbotron leaked?

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Drake said earlier that he doesn't need to diss them to sell his latest work, so this not being on DPS kinda makes sense.

Kdot was very aggressive on Like That and wanted the smoke. Now resorting to it's not official just so Kendrick doesn't have to response is ridiculous. Most of the diss tracks if the past weren't official released records.

People looking for excuses again.

the game has moved beyond these considerations, do people even make mixtapes anymore??, and while Like That charts in the top 3 Kendrick has little pressure to release any response to a leaked track that the vast majority of people don't know exists.

Only dudes on forums like this even care (this past week is the first time I heard ktt name dropped in years), anybody with a passing curiosity of this situation will look it up and see Kendrick's track streaming on all platforms.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
the game has moved beyond these considerations, do people even make mixtapes anymore??, and while Like That charts in the top 3 Kendrick has little pressure to release any response to a leaked track that the vast majority of people don't know exists.

Only dudes on forums like this even care (this past week is the first time I heard ktt name dropped in years), anybody with a passing curiosity of this situation will look it up and see Kendrick's track streaming on all platforms.
Everybody know the tracks exists and has heard it. It's freaking Drake, there is no one interested in rap following these dudes that hasn't listened to it. YouTube is full of it and everyone and their mom has reacted to it.

I get why people are coping now because the response has been mostly positive and Kdot gotta back his tough talk up now ....but yeah.

Maybe just everyone should go back to what they've been doing and make their money. If this really is all about a track not being on DPS and a bunch of AI fakes being dropped......hell even Fantano dropping a Drake diss track, we might just be wasting our time.

LTG

Nov 4, 2017

Constantly posting bait onto his Instagram page doesn't seem like him not caring.

And leaking your own diss track is very much sneaking a diss out, the hype around it does not change that.
More importantly it's also allowed him to crowd source feedback, and add tweaks; it reminds me of how government policy "leaks" to see how people react, and row it back if the reaction is bad.

Champagne"Plausible Deniability"Papi

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
Constantly posting bait onto his Instagram page doesn't seem like him not caring.

And leaking your own diss track is very much sneaking a diss out, the hype around it does not change that.
More importantly it's also allowed him to crowd source feedback, and add tweaks; it reminds me of how government policy "leaks" to see how people react, and row it back if the reaction is bad.

You do not live in the real world lmao

a916

Oct 25, 2017

dead

that's a wild narrative you've crafted lol

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022
Kdot would be stupid to reply to Lupe.
Dude should reply and handle first Drake before even thinking about Lupe.

Lupe is the true Thanos lmao.

Wouldnt call it sneak dissing but it was lame how he had it leak rather than release it and stand on business. Ross rightfully called him out for that. šŸ¤£

OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Push begging for a subliminal to jump in

My3arSe.png

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
šŸ’€

Anyone playing down Adidon or somehow claiming Duppy was the better track isn't living in reality.

I remember having discussions with people on here about what makes a good diss song and some were under the assumption of radio/club play. It made me realize these days people want a "hot" song that happens to diss people. They want to be able to play it in their car and treat it like any other song in their playlist and library.

So when people say it's a "better" track they mean "it's a song I can listen to, absent of the 'diss' aspect of it". Nicki said it a long time ago, "we don't make diss records, we make hit records and diss you on them". That's what matters, not how damaging it is or the words to call a person out, but that they can "bump" it.