Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Looks like the first must have next gen only game.

The visuals are going to influence scores, it's only natural.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Why is everyone dunking on this post? Reviewer gave their opinion and assumed others would feel similar problems they did. Not everyone will resonate with elements in the same way and it's weird to discourage a perspective that will be helpful to some.

It is wildly unprofessional to dunk on a critic for providing a fair honest review if it's a product you were involved in.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Outstanding reviews for my most hyped game in forever. Congratulations to Insomniac, and I cannot wait to play this Friday.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Gene Park's review sold me even more on the game than I was already damn, great review

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I know that buying games at full price is a big deal for a lot of people, myself included, but I hope that we can eventually move away from expecting every single AAA game to be 30+ hours. So many games these days feel like fantastic 15-25 hour games that are stretched out to be twice the length with tedious filler content. I enjoy games that give me a lot of bang for my buck but I don't need every single game to be so fucking long. A Crack In Time is considered to be one of the best games in this series and it's also a 10-15 hour game. Length =/= quality.

OnPorpoise

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
(edited based on mod posts that I didn't see until after)

Congrats to Insomniac, can't wait to play it, really happy I pre-ordered.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Going to be the first Ratchet and Clank game I'll play. I'm excited

Man I hope so. It does seem to be making a bit of a comeback in recent years.

if you like it and have access to a ps3, i recommend the hd collection of the original trilogy and a crack for time. these might also be on ps now if you have that.

Savinowned

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville, TN
It's so dumb but hearing some folks finish this thing in 10 hours is hard for me to justify $70

I've loved these games ever since Going Commando, but I may wait for a small sale later in the year

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
these are ridiculous scores from a team that just had a game come less than a year ago. GODDAMN!

Oct 31, 2017
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

[mod edit: please don't flood]

i'm looking forward to the game

Last edited by a moderator:

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on whether this entry is a decent starting point for somebody who's never played the other games in the franchise?

RavenK92

Nov 3, 2020
WInsomniac continues to be the best studio in gaming. Well done lads and lasses, can't wait to play

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's written very similar to the average "I'm predicting it will be in this score range and here is my prediction of the overall review summary based on not playing the game" style post.

It doesn't become super apparent the poster actually played/reviewed the game until later posts.
The first post commented on the game's structure and length which isn't something made aware for someone who hasn't played it. It's only not apparent if you speedread and only saw the prediction itself since reviews had barely even started coming in when that was made.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
No matter how good the game is, $70 for that is a no go for me.

Same here sadly. I am an old cheap son of a bitch lol. I was hesitant on shelling out the 70 for Returnal but I've got about 75 or 80 hours into it and still haven't gotten the plat. So I don't regret that at all. But knowing I can fully complete it in THAT short of time? My frugal ass gonna wait for sale :(. I'm happy it seems to be great though.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Looking forward to this one. R&C is a comford food franchise for me. I know what to expect and it's exactly what I'm craving now.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
89 again!

COME ONNN 90~!

giphy.gif

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this is the best ratchet and clank since a crack in time and up your arsenal. I hope it parallels the length of the ps2 games. I hope it's the best ratchet ever. Common 90 MC!!!!!

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
Let's go R&C!!

Can't believe my intro to the franchise was the free 2016 game. Man…. I wish they would release ToD and ACiT on PS5…..

Anywho, I have this already pre-installed on my PS5 and can't wait to jump in.

StewboaT

Mar 6, 2018
"Ratchet has always been a series about exploration and combat, and thanks to the dip-free stability of the 30fps Fidelity mode, the latter in particular has never felt so good."

This quote from the Ign review cracked me up.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like it's real short and not much different from previous games.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
My disc had better arrive on the day or i'm going to be grumpy, it sounds amazing and i can't wait.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
If it manages to hold on to 88, this would be Insomniac's highest rated game since what?

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Great to see the game being reviewed well, if I'm gonna drop $70 for whats apparently an 8-10 hour experience it better hit on all cylinders and seems like Insomniac did it.

Why is everyone dunking on this post? Reviewer gave their opinion and assumed others would feel similar problems they did. Not everyone will resonate with elements in the same way and it's weird to discourage a perspective that will be helpful to some.
It's the in thing to dog pile on unpopular opinions.

Oct 1, 2019
Wow. Looks like this will review even higher than Returnal. How can Insomniac continuously produce these high quality games at this rate?

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
androidcentral 9/10
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is this year's summer blockbuster on PS5. Taking players through diverse and gorgeous worlds with excellent combat and platforming, Rift Apart is a ton of fun to play.
www.androidcentral.com

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart review — A new flagship franchise for PlayStation

Insomniac is at the top of its game with Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, an excellent entry to the long-running series that's accessible to older fans and newcomers alike.