• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainerRed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Snake Way
Be careful, all this message is spoiler about the end, you assume the responsibility if you read and did not complete the game.

When the game ends, epilogue included, the final credits let us see small seconds that show us the future of each character, even appearing after the credits by the map where you can talk to them (examples like Tilly or Pearson).
But for a strange reason Rockstar forgot two characters that are not shown or mentioned in any way, these are seen for the last time in chapter 6, Trelawny and Karen.

We know nothing about them. Although Trelawny is less mysterious because he could talk to Arthur before leaving, but Karen does not even talk to us before leaving. She only appears drunk and wandering during episode 6 but does not say goodbye, Dutch does not even say Karen's name when he talks about people leaving the camp (he names Mary Beth, Pearson ... but not Karen). Rockstar has forgotten about it and I find it very strange because Rockstar takes care of every last detail and it has only been very forgotten one person, Karen, it's strange.

I know Tilly writes a letter where she mentions that Karen may have died due to alcohol, but she is not sure. But if this is your end, is not it unfair? It would be the only person in the band to die after Arthur's events without knowing what happened to his old friends like Arthur himself, John, Mary Beth ...

All the secondary characters like Pearson or Tilly meet again with Jhon and can know that it happened days after they left the camp directly from Jhon's words, but Karen will die without knowing what happened with her companions and without anyone Say it, alone in the desert dying without knowing that it belonged to his companions. They should have given the same treatment as Tilly, Mary Beth or Pearson, that she could reunite with Jhon so she could hear what happened to everyone, although she ends up dying for alcohol time after meeting Marston again.

It can not be a coincidence that Rockstar casually forgot about a single character in that way, there has to be an explanation. In addition to being with Sadie the most Badass women of the Dutch gang, even helping in strategies and always happy and singing. A happy woman that for some strange reason Rockstar forgot and is unfair, it is unfair to the image of the courageous woman to forget such a character. Nobody asks Rockstar about this? Why did not I leave a way for Karen to also know the fate of her old friends from Jhon's words?

The game does incredibly well with Sadie, but I do not understand the unfair treatment of Karen.

It would be great if you had answers to if you really get to know something about Karen or if we will know in the future. Or if Rockstar has declared something or is going to be asked about this. I await answers, thanks.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
She was never really important.

Just like in real life, not everyone's story is worth telling.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kind of a spoiler just putting it in the title, but... Sometimes in life you don't know what becomes of people you cared about once upon a time.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
For a brief second I thought she was the blonde in Red Dead Online and got excited. Anyways, either she actually shows up and plays a role in Red Dead Online (similar to GTAO and the GTA V characters) or I think it was pretty obvious that she wasn't going to make it due to her drinking. Maybe we'll just have to keep looking harder at the clues of her whereabouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.