• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I finally opened all those treasure maps I made like 1500 bucks so I bought 99 gun oils and I'm saving the rest I have 2200 dollars now.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
so I bought 99 gun oils
That reminds me: has anyone else noticed that their guns are degrading way faster now? I did one 5 star bounty run and my Bolt Action has degraded by nearly two bars after I'd oiled immediately before starting! It felt like the leather wrap wasn't being registered, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was the exact bug introduced after R* brought in the new black and white leather variants.

On the subject of gun oil, when they had that week where it was free I bought enough to completely fill my pockets, and then 99 via mail order on top of that, and I'm still getting through those - best event week ever :) I just wish we could craft the bloody things.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
That reminds me: has anyone else noticed that their guns are degrading way faster now? I did one 5 star bounty run and my Bolt Action has degraded by nearly two bars after I'd oiled immediately before starting! It felt like the leather wrap wasn't being registered, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was the exact bug introduced after R* brought in the new black and white leather variants.

On the subject of gun oil, when they had that week where it was free I bought enough to completely fill my pockets, and then 99 via mail order on top of that, and I'm still getting through those - best event week ever :) I just wish we could craft the bloody things.

It seems normal to me it might be because you're shooting so much more doing a bounty and there's a ton of npcs to shoot during that bounty. It seems like my guns degrade pretty slow but I switch around between my repeater shot guns and revolvers pretty evenly during missions and bounties.

That was the best week ever I was playing a lot during that time so I probably went through all those free gun oils that week and restocked on Monday before the reset.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
It seems normal to me it might be because you're shooting so much more doing a bounty and there's a ton of npcs to shoot during that bounty. It seems like my guns degrade pretty slow but I switch around between my repeater shot guns and revolvers pretty evenly during missions and bounties.

That was the best week ever I was playing a lot during that time so I probably went through all those free gun oils that week and restocked on Monday before the reset.
I've played a tonne of PvE heavy story missions and burnt through more ammo for way less degradation. It's not just that legendary bounty either, I'd noticed it post-patch and it was already puzzling me. It was like I kept taking my Bolt Action swimming (but I hadn't!).

You know about the free gun oils you can find scattered around the world too, right? There's one in a tent near the butcher in Valentine, two in Blackwater (one in a barn, one in a tent in the SW side), one upstairs in the hotel in Strawberry, etc. I wish I'd known about those sooner :)

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I've played a tonne of PvE heavy story missions and burnt through more ammo for way less degradation. It's not just that legendary bounty either, I'd noticed it post-patch and it was already puzzling me. It was like I kept taking my Bolt Action swimming (but I hadn't!).

You know about the free gun oils you can find scattered around the world too, right? There's one in a tent near the butcher in Valentine, two in Blackwater (one in a barn, one in a tent in the SW side), one upstairs in the hotel in Strawberry, etc. I wish I'd known about those sooner :)

That's weird I don't use the bolt action are your other guns doing it as well? I think guns also get dirty from rain and it has been raining a lot lately in game all my guns have wraps on them but I use my shotgun alot during bounties to clear out extra npcs . I have noticed my shotgun has reduced damage all the time which comes from being dirty so you're right it could be glitched. Sometimes my shotgun takes two hits to kill an npc with a body shot instead of just one I've noticed that a lot since the patch came out.

I knew about the one in in the tent in Blackwater but I didn't know about the others I'm in strawberry all the time as well I've missed out on hundreds of free oils.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Just had my daily streak incorrectly reset for the third time since the patch. I have screenshots and video of this one, so looks like I'll be sending Rockstar another ticket to work on.

That's weird I don't use the bolt action are your other guns doing it as well?
My semi-auto pistols don't seem to be degrading any faster than they did before... they always degraded quickly though because there's no wrap for pistols.

My long-arms all seem to be degrading faster though, which is why I thought the wraps might have been broken by one of the patches.

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
yooooo i finally did a large wagon, long distance delivery with 100 goods

got fucking 3500 xp lmao

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Managed to complete two collections yesterday, rings and coins, made about $1200. Most of the stuff I really want is locked behind bounty hunter (which I'm only level 4 atm) so I upgraded my campfire and did some hunting with my wagon. I could have a lot more cash on hand if I sold all my collector's stuff before waiting to complete a set, but I just can't do it. Gotta catch em all before I sell.

Hoping to hit level 65 this week, so I can get my tent upgraded to the max and a fast travel post at camp. I'll work on trader and hopefully get that to 20 (at around 17 now), then I'll basically do nothing but bounty hunt for the foreseeable future until that's 20. I want that horse and those outfits.

Buying those high end horses is SO expensive. The horse, the saddle, the stirrups, the lamp, the insurance...

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Evans Repeater with high velocity rounds has been a favorite of mine recently. I can go through an entire encounter without reloading. Even got the metal and varnish to make it look exactly like the classic Evans of the first game.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Hoping to hit level 65 this week, so I can get my tent upgraded to the max and a fast travel post at camp. I'll work on trader and hopefully get that to 20 (at around 17 now), then I'll basically do nothing but bounty hunt for the foreseeable future until that's 20. I want that horse and those outfits.

Buying those high end horses is SO expensive. The horse, the saddle, the stirrups, the lamp, the insurance...
I've never used the camp fast travel post even once since I bought it. It really should be free to travel to/from camp. I'm too much of a tight arse to spend money on fast travel, although now that we're making money hand over fist since the latest update maybe that will change.

I've never bought horse insurance either. I did get it for my hunting wagon though, I get air in that thing way too much, and the suspension isn't so good...

If anyone is wanting to rank up bounty hunter and is getting hit by the black screen bug, I recommend using the legendary bounty. On five stars it's still doable solo and pays nearly 1200 bounty hunter XP. There should be a new one in about 10 hours from now.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
Every Role is currently bugged. Collector - can't see Weekly Collectibles in menu. Trader - Cripps constantly packing up camp and the game not allowing me to pitch it anywhere. Bounty Hunter - not getting XP (I also took a bounty in Valentine and the target was in Saint Denis, what?!). Plus my streak reset for the second time. This will make it easy to break my addiction for a bit.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Every Role is currently bugged. Collector - can't see Weekly Collectibles in menu. Trader - Cripps constantly packing up camp and the game not allowing me to pitch it anywhere. Bounty Hunter - not getting XP (I also took a bounty in Valentine and the target was in Saint Denis, what?!). Plus my streak reset for the second time. This will make it easy to break my addiction for a bit.

The bounty being across the map is because the game couldn't load the assets for the mission near you because there were too many people area. It's also why stranger missions sometimes put you in a solo server because the game has to load the npcs and all that and doesn't have room on the server you were on before.

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017

There have been more weekly collectables after the first set?!

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
The biggest bugs:
  • If you had a character from the Beta (i.e. launch), then your character got a fat face and it can't be fully undone. Introduced in 1.12
  • The camp randomly refuses to pitch, and/or is randomly packed up. Introduced at RDO launch (i.e. 10 months ago)
  • When trying to do a non-legendary bounty, you will regularly see a black screen and then be put into a solo session when beginning it. if this happens, you receive no money or XP for doing the bounty. Introduced in 1.11
  • The daily challenge streak now randomly resets even if you complete daily challenges. Introduced in 1.11
  • Long-arms seem to suffer from greatly accelerated wear rates. Introduced in 1.11

There have been more weekly collectables after the first set?!
There's a new set of weekly collectables... each week. :p

You can see them if you open the Collector's Bag (from the L1 menu) rather than looking for them in the Satchel. Or at least that's what I've heard, I haven't messed much with Collector yet.

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
The only bug I don't have is the streak reset. For me the worst is the Bounty Hunter. Before 1.12, I was able to mitigate it by restarting the game and I had the full reward (XP + RDO$ + gold) when playing with other players with someone else launching the bunty hunting. Now,it's impossible to "fix" it and I can't get XP even when I'm with other people.
Now I mostly do the bounty hunting for daily clallenges and legendary (did the 5 star this morning, it was tense).

I don't even see if my character (created at the launch of the "beta") is fatter now because I don't remember how he was before. :D

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
f you had a character from the Beta (i.e. launch), then your character got a fat face and it can't be fully undone. Introduced in 1.12

I feel like I got lucky with this. If I compare my character from before and after the patch, I can see a slight different, but it's nowhere near the horror stories I've seen on Reddit.
He looks like the same guy, just with a slightly wider head, but it's absolutely not noticeable.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
The game is glitchy as hell today I kept getting stranger missions that would fade to black and not start the mission and then I wouldn't be able to see any strangers on the map plus the black screen for bounties is back thank god I'm already rank 20.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Hey there's a new poncho from the drip feed. Yup it's hideous made of leather and looks god awful I will continue wearing my role outfits.

Last edited:

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I feel like I got lucky with this. If I compare my character from before and after the patch, I can see a slight different, but it's nowhere near the horror stories I've seen on Reddit.
He looks like the same guy, just with a slightly wider head, but it's absolutely not noticeable.
I think it's worse depending on which head type you had in the Beta, and some haircuts and beards hide it pretty well.

Some examples:

de16df99698e9b0699984f392802ed3e-full.png

Before:
VLL2t33.png

After:
tWVB9vh.jpg

Before:
CDUXgwl.jpg

After:
jH3VZ63.jpg

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Patch downloaded this morning as I was getting ready for work. Hopefully it'll address a few things.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Jokes on the game, my character already had that heft before this face bug. Probably why I ain't noticed.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
really hope "various stability fixes" means "the fucking camp shows up on the map when I set up a camp".

will test later. good to see the daily challenge and bounty hunter payout bug has been addressed.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bounty hunting is fixed, all is well. Last night was being a real bother with getting black screen after black screen consecutively.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I think the issue with the camp is that there only so many spots in an area that can hold the camp, and if those are occupied by other players or a random event or something, it'll prevent the camp spawn. It used to just pitch a camp in the first available spot, which was sometimes all the way across the map, so I prefer the current inconvenience of it not pitching a camp in an area if it's full.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I think the issue with the camp is that there only so many spots in an area that can hold the camp, and if those are occupied by other players or a random event or something, it'll prevent the camp spawn. It used to just pitch a camp in the first available spot, which was sometimes all the way across the map, so I prefer the current inconvenience of it not pitching a camp in an area if it's full.
If the area is full then that location will be greyed out on the 'select a location' screen and it'll say there is no more room for camps in that location (or similar).

The one where you pick a location and then it flashes continually for a while before giving up is a bug. I've had it happen many times where I could clearly see available camp spawn spots in that location that were empty - heaps of them :(

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
The biggest bugs:
  • If you had a character from the Beta (i.e. launch), then your character got a fat face and it can't be fully undone. Introduced in 1.12
  • The camp randomly refuses to pitch, and/or is randomly packed up. Introduced at RDO launch (i.e. 10 months ago)
  • When trying to do a non-legendary bounty, you will regularly see a black screen and then be put into a solo session when beginning it. if this happens, you receive no money or XP for doing the bounty. Introduced in 1.11
  • The daily challenge streak now randomly resets even if you complete daily challenges. Introduced in 1.11
  • Long-arms seem to suffer from greatly accelerated wear rates. Introduced in 1.11

There's a new set of weekly collectables... each week. :p

You can see them if you open the Collector's Bag (from the L1 menu) rather than looking for them in the Satchel. Or at least that's what I've heard, I haven't messed much with Collector yet.

That's the thing, I've not seen a weekly set since that first week, nothing in the dailies menu and nothing in the collector's bag.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bolas challenging not completing for anyone else? I'm taking targets down with 'em. Not sure what else it wants.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I really appreciate the sped up loot animations. It got to the point where I would ignore free roam events like camp defences and gang hideouts because looting all of the dead bodies afterwards was just too tedious and time consuming.

Welp. That makes no sense.
Yep, zero. I don't even have the bollas, I only knew the answer because it had everyone at the gta forums scratching their heads :)

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I did it. I finally fucking did it. Shep Thomas, my RDR1 character, reborn to almost near perfection. It's like I'm in 2010 again.

latest

rTafjCq.png

ULkUnEo.png

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Metal Detector is a game changer. Went from 10-20 Collector's Rank and 38-70 Outlaw Pass in a day after getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.