bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Of course the game will look great on the PS4 Pro, BUT people definitely need an eye exam that can't tell the difference between the clarity of Xbox One X games at a native or closer to native 4K resolution versus PS4 Pro games. Spider-Man was definitely a lot of fun to play on my PS4 Pro, but man was it a leap in graphical fidelity when I went to Shadow of the Tomb Raider on my Xbox One X from the same seating distance on my 4K TV. My wife who could care less about this video game stuff has even commented on such things when seeing me play one game versus another on the different systems.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Relax. Its gonna be great. Your eyes cant see in 4k.

I am relaxed, as I have literally every system the game could even theoretically be released on and the displays to match.

But don't discredit concern over resolution. It makes a world of difference in the enjoyability and playability of the medium.

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Dude read the thread, many are saying i got the x and pro but getting it on the pro and others saying they are getting it on the pro because that is what they have

none of those have anything to do with the thread

And what the hell are you worried about? I do not get that at all
I was clearly replying to the post where the poster said that it implies something. Ask him I guess? And I'm worried about Framerate and screen tearing. Had shitty experience with Shadow of Tomb raider on X and don't want to be burned again.

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Of course the game will look great on the PS4 Pro, BUT people definitely need an eye exam that can't tell the difference between the clarity of Xbox One X games at a native or closer to native 4K resolution versus PS4 Pro games. Spider-Man was definitely a lot of fun to play on my PS4 Pro, but man was it a leap in graphical fidelity when I went to Shadow of the Tomb Raider on my Xbox One X from the same seating distance on my 4K TV. My wife who could care less about this video game stuff has even commented on such things when seeing me play one game versus another on the different systems.
I sit about 6 feet away from 55 inch OLED and I had exactly opposite experience with Shadow (after Spiderman). It didn't look great, there were framerate drops and screen tearing. Distance from TV probably made a difference. But Shadow had A LOT of problems.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People arguing that the XBX won't run the game the best out of the four are simply ridiculous. The machine is the most current and powerful out there.

This. Was. Always. Known.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
every time someone calls ERA an elitist leftist sjw bubble which discusses politics in games 24/7 i'm going to point them this thread

we're as irrational and fanboyish as the worst gamefaqs console wars threads!

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I have NEVER been part of the screen resolution war, but constantly pointing to the base Xbox One with 900p back in the day was SO tiring. Every gaming news site seemed to cover it, too. Ever since Xbox has the upper hand, you don't hear a lot and the argument has shifted to "it looks great on both consoles". Honestly, it's all not worth it. Get the version you think is best. And guys, just play the game for the sake of it being a great game and stop those resolution wars.

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I have NEVER been part of the screen resolution war, but constantly pointing to the base Xbox One with 900p back in the day was SO tiring. Every gaming news site seemed to cover it, too. Ever since Xbox has the upper hand, you don't hear a lot and the argument has shifted to "it looks great on both consoles". Honestly, it's all not worth it. Get the version you think is best. And guys, just play the game for the sake of it being a great game and stop those resolution wars.
It also happened with PS3 and Xbox 360. It should happen. It's useful info to some. For me it's more about performance. (to be fair in case of PS3 and Original One performance was also worse)

NYSports1

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Had shitty experience with Shadow of Tomb Raider. (Described above) That game hit pretty much every single thing that bugs me on X. None of them a huge, but they bug me.

If a console I have bugs me I sell it and be done with it. If the PRO gives you worry free experience then your decision is easy but shadow of the tr even with screen tearing is superior over the PRO and the blurryness

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
If a console I have bugs me I sell it and be done with it. If the PRO gives you worry free experience then your decision is easy but shadow of the tr even with screen tearing is superior over the PRO and the blurryness
I created whole thread on this issue. I have both. Overall gaming experience is MUCH better on PS4pro (I like taking screenshots for example), BUT I'm also graphics whore and Xbox controllers are much better (but disconnect constantly). So it's not an easy decision. I'm counting that my bet on X version is the right one. I don't want to be disappointed like with Shadow. (although Shadow was a terrible game to begin with, so maybe that added even more frustration)

NYSports1

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
I created whole thread on this issue. I have both. Overall gaming experience is MUCH better on PS4pro (I like taking screenshots for example), BUT I'm also graphics whore and Xbox controllers are much better (but disconnect constantly). So it's not an easy decision.

You lost me at gaming experience is SOOOO much better on the PRO.....Let's end it there

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
You lost me at gaming experience is SOOOO much better on the PRO.....Let's end it there
I mean games don't even launch on X half the time (get that timeout screen). Obviously we disagree, but I don't know why it's so offensive to you that I STRONGLY prefer PS4 interface. During 360 Era I preferred Xbox interface.

Nov 12, 2017
I mean you second statement is so SUBJECTIVE. For example I don't give a shit about frame pacing. But even slightly unstable 30fps is constantly bugging me and screen tearing ruins the game. And I can't tell a difference between 1400p and 1800p. BUT 1080p vs 1440p is a HUGE difference to me.

that's because 900p (or often 720p) in 1080p screen is way more noticeable than 1400p vs 1800p. But of course it depends how far you sit.
If u have a 4k TV native resolution vs whatever tech using to upcale is the same as 900p vs 1080p ina fhd TV.....

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
I've noticed it too. Once the X came out. Feels like gaming media have stopped convering the differences.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
I could see this being true, because Rockstar does inevitably have plans to release a PS5/scarlett version in the future - and a PC version is for certain that they don't want to be ridiculed for a 'bad port' over. They may have had better textures from the get go, where there's little effort putting them in.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Had shitty experience with Shadow of Tomb Raider. (Described above) That game hit pretty much every single thing that bugs me on X. None of them a huge, but they bug me.

Well I won't argue against your experience with one game I haven't played but the vast majority of the enhanced games on X are perfectly fine. Not sure why one bad experience would be enough to cause you to worry about the next big game from R*. Completely different studios, budgets, etc. I see you talking about disconnecting controllers on Xbox now too so I'm just gonna bow out. :)

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Well I won't argue against your experience with one game I haven't played but the vast majority of the enhanced games on X are perfectly fine. Not sure why one bad experience would be enough to cause you to worry about the next big game from R*. Completely different studios, budgets, etc. I see you talking about disconnecting controllers on Xbox now too so I'm just gonna bow out. :)
I do agree with you here, Shadow is exception to the rule, it just explains why I'm worried. (I'm not giving up on disconnecting controllers issues. If it was up to me I would be issuing consumer report warning about that shit)

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Show me the game that is the same on both the pro and the x
I know what you mean but "the game" is not RDR2. That's the point. We can assume and guess lots of things but why bother when we won't know anything for sure until the game is out?
And while I gambled and bought the X version like many others, assuming the power difference will make the game better, I remember far too well when The Witcher 3 ran better on XB1 than PS4...

NYSports1

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
I mean games don't even launch on X half the time (get that timeout screen). Obviously we disagree, but I don't know why it's so offensive to you that I STRONGLY prefer PS4 interface. During 360 Era I preferred Xbox interface.

if that was the case this would be a pr nightmare for MS that games dont load half the time. This is also an xbox one thread about a game and not a soap box for your experience on the X. It is not offensive that you prefer the ps4, great good for you but that has nothing to do with this thread

NYSports1

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
I do agree with you here, Shadow is exception to the rule, it just explains why I'm worried. (I'm not giving up on disconnecting controllers issues. If it was up to me I would be issuing consumer report warning about that shit)

I have 2 x's and none have ever disconnected, if this was so prevalent it would make headline news

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Given the expected size of 4K assets, I would like to preload this stuff before the game arrives on Friday. When is it available to download?

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I have 2 x's and none have ever disconnected, if this was so prevalent it would make headline news
Had at least 4 controllers and 2 different Xbox consoles. happened to all of them. Not sure what your point is. Just google it. It happens a lot. Why are you defending Xbox no matter what? It is more powerful console. That's not even a question. You are not even replying to my replies to you but to every single negative comment. Who cares, it's just a console. Games matter much more than a console. I agree with you there. I just have my own preferences.

Deleted member 14927

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I had disconnecting controllers with my old Draytek router - The channel it was on made a difference.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Just want to chime in here and say that the Xbox One X version will objectively be the best looking and performing version but the PS4 Pro version will look and play great as well and your choice of platform is your business and entirely your business alone and there's no need for virtual dick measuring contests on behalf of companies that you have no reason to shill for.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The X version will be better than the pro version
InfiniteNegativeHeifer-size_restricted.gif

If some people cant accept it....just.....ya

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But don't discredit concern over resolution. It makes a world of difference in the enjoyability and playability of the medium.

I will discredit it. Especially in this title. Gameplay is king and the differences between two consoles are minimal.

All the discussion over a superior console experience is akin to the Hero of the Web days. A sad and hilarious view of the loyalty to some company that only cares for your wallet.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017

You must be sitting extremely close. To close most probably. And your wife is seeing a slow paced game in a lush green jungle setting and compares it to a high velocity game taking place in NYC with grey and brown buildings (and let me guess, during a cloudy and rainy day section?). And you're surprised she finds TR a prettier game? Or did she say: wow, the draw distance and aliasing is so much better in TR? Lol. Fire up the same game on your Pro and she won't tell the difference, I'll give you that (actually TR has tearing on X1X and not on Pro). Off course RDR2 will look better on X and I understand people need to defend their purchase, but in motion you will probably be struggling to see the difference.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Enjoyment of a console doesn't have to be about the best graphics, it's the whole package, i got the X as a gift and always hated the OS, controllers disconnecting, wifi signal sometimes not being recognized, updates stuck at downloading, i could keep going, i never had any of those issues on ps4, ever, maybe someone had, hence the reason i have my X up for sale on the buy/sale thread here, i loved breath of the wild at 900p on switch, I don't think I'll die if i play red dead at 25 or 30% less resolution, everything they have shown is running on the ps4 and it looks outstanding, that's enough for me.

BRB selling my One X