Banned
Jun 24, 2018
5dih6nay5ls11.jpg

Where is this from?

I mean, country

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Getting the physical copy for this one. It looks like Day 1 will be Red Dead Installation

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
They really need to have 2 discs for this.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not convinced this is singleplayer size, I still think we will get a 50ish GB campaign on disc with the multiplayer to come in a patch later. Insane if the campaign only is 89GB

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not convinced this is singleplayer size, I still think we will get a 50ish GB campaign on disc with the multiplayer to come in a patch later. Insane if the campaign only is 89GB

Multiplayer will use the same assets. It wouldn't require much extra space.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
i mean they got audio files in there, and a lot of art assets, different lod too.

Borowski

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Jun 24, 2018
If it is 19th to some and 24th to others, then f*** Sony

Borowski

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Do companies even do that? I doubt they'd do that with a game this big.

They do.

For example, in Europe on the PS Store, you can't buy the standard versions of Detroit or God of War, They only give you the option to buy the deluxe edition, forcing you to spend more money.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Let's see, 89.2GB, I get a 1024GB allowance from Comcast every month, already downloaded AC Odyssey on the XB1, which was 45.2GB, also watched half of Haunting of Hill House on Netflix and all of Iron Fist Season 2...

source.gif

Time to turn off the internet until 10/26 apparently.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad I'm picking this up at 9pm Eastern on the 25th. Its gonna take me until at least 11 to get it all installed.

Neilg

Nov 16, 2017
Now imagine if Rockstar actually used file compression.

They cant with a big open world no-loading screen game like this.
Uncompressing the assets would introduce a massive cpu hit and loading delay. Plus every file needs to be encoded with atlases so the game can pull whatever fragments of data it needs out of a single large file - plus each texture has different resolution versions stored in the same file so it only loads what it needs into memory. if you compress that, it needs to unpack the entire file into memory before it can dig around for the part it needs.
This is the only way most modern games can work.

If anyone hasn't done it, you should probably rebuild the ps4 database before installing this. it'll make a big difference if it can put all the game files next to each other.

Dec 15, 2017
Damn, guess that means a good 40 or 50 gb update even if you buy on disc.

Looks like I'll probably have to wait until November when my bandwidth limit resets :(

Probably should have expected it, but what a bummer.