texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The game is definitely pretty free with the money. I'm guessing the excess if for all those people complaining about the high bounties.
I found out about the bounty trick to get rid of my wanted status in Strawberry ($300). I donated all of my money to the camp and let myself get arrested, and the bounty is gone. I paid the rest of my bounties in other cities, but they weren't that much and I rarely get wanted status anyway as I'm such a good cowboy.

Did you buy this so called best horse or find it somewhere? I only ever bought one horse really early on and it died which made me never want to invest in a horse ever again.
Yeah, I bought it at Saint Denis for $700. I've never had my horse died on me before, even my first horse is still around. What's usually the cause of a horse death? Age or shootouts?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I found out about the bounty trick to get rid of my wanted status in Strawberry ($300). I donated all of my money to the camp and let myself get arrested, and the bounty is gone. I paid the rest of my bounties, but I rarely get wanted status as I'm such a good cowboy.

Yeah, I bought it at Saint Denis for $700. I've never had my horse died on me before, even my first horse is still around. What's usually the cause of a horse death? Age or shootouts?

Donating all your money to the camp only really works early on. You can max it out pretty quickly and once you do they dumping money there is almost the same as just throwing it away.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
If you send a location to the lady collecting the dinosaur bones, does she send you a reward every time? I sent her one location and got a quartz as reward, but every other location I found after, I did't get anything.

You get a reward after the first one, after you send in 15, and after you send in all 30.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
It's amazing how quickly I've gone from tolerating Swanson's bullshit at camp to completely detesting him. Also I have no idea where incredibly important and lovable story character Molly O'Shea has gone.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
30817627357_d702a5e088_b.jpg

Said earlier I tried to make Arthur look like Last Crusade Indy and it's okay if I do say so.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
This goddamn game... 50 hours in, still at the beginning of Chapter 3, but it still manages to drop my jaw again and again.

(video contains no spoilers)

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017

Collateral damage in shootouts, in my experience. I nearly lost my beautiful Arabian, but luckily I had a horse reviver and could bring her back.

"You're aaawlraaaaht, guuuuuuuurrrrl"

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is that right video ?
Yep, it works the same for robberies I tried just a few hours ago, make sure you wear bandanna or mask

Wow, game changer. R* should have really explained this better. Any video how mask work?
Both times he became wanted he was either wearing a mask or a bandanna. Wear it along with a set of clothes a town hasnt seen you wear. Commit crime with mask/bandanna and then run away and switch clothes. They wont know who did it!

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Collateral damage in shootouts, in my experience. I nearly lost my beautiful Arabian, but luckily I had a horse reviver and could bring her back.

"You're aaawlraaaaht, guuuuuuuurrrrl"
My special edition horse was murdered in a shootout. It was pretty brutal. He collapsed, tried to get up but his legs buckled. I was like damn...

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
The jacket is the Shotgun coat and the vest is a patterned type can't remember which, I'm pretty sure I purchased all the items at St.Denis but you can get some such as the Shotgun coat at Rhodes and the gloves I think also.
Yeah I checked the tailor in st denis and found it. Doesn't come in the color I want though. I just want a nice black coat that isn't the duster damn it

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So, the Rhodes gunsmith is just straight-up ignoring me. Dude's just sweeping away. Is this a story thing or am I glitched?

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, it works the same for robberies I tried just a few hours ago, make sure you wear bandanna or mask

Both times he became wanted he was either wearing a mask or a bandanna. Wear it along with a set of clothes a town hasnt seen you wear. Commit crime with mask/bandanna and then run away and switch clothes. They wont know who did it!
wow

Silence_and_I

May 7, 2018
guys anybody knows when will the official soundtrack of this game be released?

and if it isn't anytime soon, where can i access the unofficial soundtrack with the best quality?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fist fights are so simple yet so fun in this game. Just the way the different animations come together.

RepentantCreamyIsopod-size_restricted.gif

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Ran into my first do a mission and then another mission disappears. I hope its a temporary thing and not a did them out of order with no indications thing.

Oct 25, 2017
Am I missing something or is the bounty system total bullshit?
I got into a fight with some guys who tried to kill me so I killed em back and while i was looting the law men rolled up and opened fire on me while i was trying to hide, so despite the fact that i killed them all and did everything to run away my bounty stays stuck at 130 dollars? What's the point of ever fighting back or running away if you get caught doing something illegal?

It seems designed so that if you fuck up and accidentally loot a body while someone is looking you should just sit there and prepare to eat shit because running or fighting is awful and chasing down witnesses to calm them down doesnt work when the witnesses are the law.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fist fights are so simple yet so fun in this game. Just the way the different animations come together.

RepentantCreamyIsopod-size_restricted.gif

FAK! Talk about Khabib-ing these fools up.

Was going to post something similar, its brutal, especially with the physics and objects distributing weight in an exaggerated but satisfying way. Those one punch knockouts never get old.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Lol at the magnifico mission.
I started that mission super early on because I was excited to de-fog the map as soon as possible and I triggered that mission in the context of doing so. I didn't bother actually doing anything with it until way later in the game though. So I'm flipping through the journal today, which I have not been doing at all, and Arthur mentions meeting the people. I expected him to have the conclusion there as well. But he doesn't actually write about that for another 80+ pages because I didn't complete it then. It tracks stuff specific to the order you actually do things so everybody is going to have a different journal as they play through the game. Such an incredible touch. I just loved all the pages in the middle where I stopped caring about missions for a bit to go scan a bunch of wildlife and plants so I ended up with a few pages in a row with nothing but sketches. Arthur's quite the artist.

Incidentally, absolutely read the journal. Not only does it provide additional backstory about the opening that is hinted at during the game, but the contextual stuff and Arthur's feelings help flesh out the story and characters even further. I feel foolish for not doing it from the get-go.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Chapter 6 spoilers/question

I just went with Rain Falls and recovered the pipe, about how many hours do I have left?
I'm going to be out of town tomorrow until about Sunday, trying to tell if I can wrap it up tonight or tomorrow morning.

Makeshift Chef

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
This whole "too much activity in the area to track" the legendary buck is getting really annoying. I've been trying for the past 2 hours to actually hunt this thing. I've killed everything that moves in the area, left, rested and returned like 5 times.
I had this same issue. What finally cleared things up for me was taking care of the bounty in Strawberry. Bringing the guy in seemed to be what I needed to do in addition to clearing out an O'Driscoll camp and killing a bear in the area. Then leaving and camping a night before coming back.