MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can someone please explain to me what is the purpose of having Arthur unequip his weapons each time i ride the horse and decide to get off of it? I cant even find a realistic reason why he would do this. Countless times I have my weapons equipped, I get on the horse and when I decide to get off of it my offhand weapon (the one on the left in the weapon wheel) gets left on the horse.

How does this work really? It is driving me nuts.
Yeah, I dont get it.

Deleted member 29857

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So I've bought all the camp upgrades, some outfits, guns and am still sitting on 2000 bucks. What to do with it? Still in chapter 2 btw.

Deleted member 11018

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So there is this house/lab all the way up there that has what looks like a huge Tesla coil in the back. I had the stranger icon appear there and decided to ride all the way up there. So I'm about to get there and it just disappears. I just can't. I just rode all the way up there and it decides to disappear? This game can be so frustrating. Can i eventually do it? It hasn't popped up since.

That's normal, it's a night-time event, rest at a camp and wait for late evening/night.
But it's not normal... because it should be unlocked after another event
You should have met the owner of the contraption near a lake in Saint Denis during day time, where you first help him. Then the mission should pop up up there, not as a stranger even but with a proper mission label. It's better to do them in sequence[/event]

Dec 6, 2017
US
Very cool. I take it you craft those? I have all those things but never have seen the option for the combo.

Like the other poster said, you need pamphlets, basically instruction sheets. You read them once and "learn" them aka make the item available to craft. I found my first one totally by accident exploring near Emerald Ranch.

If you want to know the approximate area, let me know and I'll spoiler tag it in a reply!

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Like the other poster said, you need pamphlets, basically instruction sheets. You read them once and "learn" them aka make the item available to craft. I found my first one totally by accident exploring near Emerald Ranch.

If you want to know the approximate area, let me know and I'll spoiler tag it in a reply!
Sure!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So many deaths and problems are because of me riding on horse its becoming abit annoying. Just followed a witness finally could make him stop. He stops right in the middle of the road and go flying offcourse right over him with my horse. Resulting in he becomes agressive and shoots me. Starting a whole new problem. Wish that could be toned down abit. Not every hit with a horse should end in a shootout.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
So many deaths and problems are because of me riding on horse its becoming abit annoying. Just followed a witness finally could make him stop. He stops right in the middle of the road and go flying offcourse right over him with my horse. Resulting in he becomes agressive and shoots me. Starting a whole new problem. Wish that could be toned down abit. Not every hit with a horse should end in a shootout.

Welcome come to the wild west, also hitting guards in Witcher 3 result in them being aggressive as well. It's the same in all games.

_Rob_

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like I'm nearing the end of chapter 6, at least a lot of loose ends are tying up and Arthur's health is declining rapidly. I still have quite a few side missions to do, should I be doing them now before Arthur assumedly dies, or can they be done during the epilogue?

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
So there is this house/lab all the way up there that has what looks like a huge Tesla coil in the back. I had the stranger icon appear there and decided to ride all the way up there. So I'm about to get there and it just disappears. I just can't. I just rode all the way up there and it decides to disappear? This game can be so frustrating. Can i eventually do it? It hasn't popped up since.

It needs to be a thunderstorm in the surrounding area to do the mission.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm nearing the end of chapter 6, at least a lot of loose ends are tying up and Arthur's health is declining rapidly. I still have quite a few side missions to do, should I be doing them now before Arthur assumedly dies, or can they be done during the epilogue?
Was wondering this too :/

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I must have 20-40 hrs in this game now, still not on chapter 3 yet. My thoughts so far:

Exploring is fun
I've enjoyed Hosea's side missions the most
The most annoying thing in this game for me is the accidental tramples over friendly dogs/puppies in towns

Loving the game at this point and will be continuing the story soon

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Where is the section? Sorry to sound daft but i dont know how to set up a camp or where i can do it in the main camp

You can't set up a camp in or near towns or inside your gang's camp. Once you're out in the wilderness anywhere, either hold down triangle (or Y) or select the camp option fro the L1/LB inventory menu.

Once inside, you can rest anywhere to pass time, or craft.

You can also just craft without neeeding to set up camp similarly.

Deleted member 41931

Apr 10, 2018
You can only do it during a storm. Thankfully they are temporarily more frequent for that mission. Just set up camp and sleep, or just spend some time hunting or what ever.

Deleted member 8674

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay so I screwed the Lonnie's Shack by killing everyone. You can't find the stash without someone to integrate right? Because I searched the entire house. Got the 4 stash breaking and entering" trophy when I picked the revolver tho.

Dec 6, 2017
US

I don't know where you are right now, but in the Strauss debt collection missions in Chapter 2, you have two debts to collect near the Emerald Ranch. One involves a younger looking dude running away on his horse. I ended up accidentally killing the kid (oops) and he dropped a treasure map. This leads you to a huge oak where he hid some money.

It's kind of a small swampy area north of some train tracks on the slope of a small mountain/hill with some abandoned buildings nearby. Engage Eagle Eye vision outside of the abandoned house and look around. There's a huge chest that kind of blends in with the other clutter hidden underneath a broken down cart and it contains a pamphlet and some other useful stuff.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I forgot what the tutorial said about lasso-ing someone from horseback. I aim with L2, throw and hold R2 to capture and keep engaged...do I have to continue to hold BOTH L2 and R2 to keep the person lasso'd?

If I let go of R2 it frees them correct? I fucked this up during a mission last night and ended up beating the poor fucker to death afterwards in a rage.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I found a hunter in a river and he had a cute doggo. I kept trying to calm down doggo and he wouldn't stop growling and barking.

If I can't pet all the dogs, what's even the point.

Oct 31, 2017
I forgot what the tutorial said about lasso-ing someone from horseback. I aim with L2, throw and hold R2 to capture and keep engaged...do I have to continue to hold BOTH L2 and R2 to keep the person lasso'd?

If I let go of R2 it frees them correct? I fucked this up during a mission last night and ended up beating the poor fucker to death afterwards in a rage.

You hold L2 not R2 I believe. This has been tripping me up a bit too.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know where you are right now, but in the Strauss debt collection missions in Chapter 2, you have two debts to collect near the Emerald Ranch. One involves a younger looking dude running away on his horse. I ended up accidentally killing the kid (oops) and he dropped a treasure map. This leads you to a huge oak where he hid some money.

It's kind of a small swampy area north of some train tracks on the slope of a small mountain/hill with some abandoned buildings nearby. Engage Eagle Eye vision outside of the abandoned house and look around. There's a huge chest that kind of blends in with the other clutter hidden underneath a broken down cart and it contains a pamphlet and some other useful stuff.
Will do. Thanks!

Dec 6, 2017
US

There's some really cool lore/world building stuff to be found there as well. It'll be worth your time to check it out.

You hold L2 not R2 I believe. This has been tripping me up a bit too.

Actually, you're right, I just doubled checked a video as well. R2 is held to rope in the lasso. L2 held while dismounting in order to not let go. Makes sense actually. I've fucked this up several times, the controls are so damn complicated sometimes.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
It really feels like pedestrians in towns and people riding horses are trying to block my line of path so I'll run over or collide with them. I remember feeling the same in GTA while driving and a car would almost always swerve or stop in front of me to cause a collision. I didn't mind it as much then, but now I'm slow trotting through town (it's realistic, I know) because I know if I don't I'm going to wind up hitting someone and getting a bounty. That and the crafting system are my only two complaints at the moment. Enjoying the hell out of almost everything else.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Still cant believe how this games look and how great the animations are for a open world game.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Where is the preorder DLC at?

PSN didn't download the DLC until I hit chapter 2, but checking wardrobe and stables and such, can't find the horse or outlaw survival stuff.

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017

Probably relies on certain time of day, I think thats a late at night quest

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
stm58XV.gif

I think I need to stop these. XD

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
After 50 mission I think I'm done with this game.
For now atleast, becaude I'm still somewhat interested in seeing what online has to deliver.
I really wanted to like it, I did, but after 30hours or so I realize it's just not worth the time. The world is beautiful and the production values are out of this world, but I'm in chapter 4and the story hasn't hooked me at all and seems to be going nowhere.
Riding back and forth between mission just to end up in the same old variation of Time Crisis-like encounters just isn't fun.
Sadly I think the game just isn't for me.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017

if you have the Arabian it feels like horse hazards increase in the city areas because she moves very fast

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't noticed, but does your morality go down if a guy pulls his pistol on you, before you gun him down?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Freaking bait and switch this game does with how a mission starts.

Get a mission with Mary Beth, Molly (although who cares about Molly) or Sadie finally. PRANKED YA, it's me, Dutch. Arthur, my boy, stop talking to these characters we have business to discuss. Have you lost faith, Arthur?

When I saw a Sadie mission pop up I did a complete 180 back to camp but they tricked me.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
For the stadistics:

I'm like 50 hours in.

I've crashed with a tree or a rock like 6 times.

I've crashed with people in Saint Denis like 3 times, in one of those I used defuse extra quickly and wasn't attacked or ended with a bounty.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Freaking bait and switch this game does with how a mission starts.

Get a mission with Mary Beth, Molly (although who cares about Molly) or Sadie finally. PRANKED YA, it's me, Dutch. Arthur, my boy, stop talking to these characters we have business to discuss. Have you lost faith, Arthur?

When I saw a Sadie mission pop up I did a complete 180 back to camp but they tricked me.
I did the same and was mad my Mary Beth and Sadie missions got hijacked. Rockstar knew what they were doing.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Still cant believe how this games look and how great the animations are for a open world game.

The most impressive is how many unique animations there are for characters outside of cut-scenes. When you talk to people in camp they don't recycle canned NPC animations as is usual for open world games. Almost everything is unique. This game has honestly set an impossible standard for production values in gaming.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
For now atleast, becaude I'm still somewhat interested in seeing what online has to deliver.
I really wanted to like it, I did, but after 30hours or so I realize it's just not worth the time. The world is beautiful and the production values are out of this world, but I'm in chapter 4and the story hasn't hooked me at all and seems to be going nowhere.
Riding back and forth between mission just to end up in the same old variation of Time Crisis-like encounters just isn't fun.
I ranked it above TLOU in terms of narrative by the end of it.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
stm58XV.gif

I think I need to stop these. XD
Is that a machete?

Does anyone else just ride around and wait for something to happen rather than do missions and stuff? Sometimes I just don't wanna advance the story and ride and hope I get ambushed or I meet someone.

Just had a shooting challenge with someone different but was essentially the same, found the house with the father and son arguing( didn't kill anyone just left), further down I think I found the house the mother lives in and last had to help another person bit by a snake. I just give em cures, never sucked the poison out lol.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
The music for the climactic mission of chapter 2 was so good. Totally unexpected sounds, a far cry from Morricone inspired pastiche and almost felt like it was gonna turn into a hip hop beat or something, but it worked so well.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Is that a machete?

Does anyone else just ride around and wait for something to happen rather than do missions and stuff? Sometimes I just don't wanna advance the story and ride and hope I get ambushed or I meet someone.

Just had a shooting challenge with someone different but was essentially the same, found the house with the father and son arguing( didn't kill anyone just left), further down I think I found the house the mother lives in and last had to help another person bit by a snake. I just give em cures, never sucked the poison out lol.

I've mainly been doing side missions, incidental stuff and hunting myself and rarely touching main missions. The overly scripted nature of those feels in sharp contrast to the rest of the possibilities in this game, not a fan of that myself. I don't like being funneled every step of the way and possibly getting a mission fail state for walking 10 feet in a direction the game doesn't want me to.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Is that a machete?

It certainly is. :P

I do the same too btw when not wanting to advance. Turn the HUD off and wonder around. :)

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017

Welcome to my club :)
Glad I realized this at about 20 hours instead lol

septmbrsvrywn

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Can someone please explain to me what is the purpose of having Arthur unequip his weapons each time i ride the horse and decide to get off of it? I cant even find a realistic reason why he would do this. Countless times I have my weapons equipped, I get on the horse and when I decide to get off of it my offhand weapon (the one on the left in the weapon wheel) gets left on the horse.

How does this work really? It is driving me nuts.

I think the realistic reason for this is that the long rifles disturb him while riding the horse so they made this. I agree too it's annoying.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
The music for the climactic mission of chapter 2 was so good. Totally unexpected sounds, a far cry from Morricone inspired pastiche and almost felt like it was gonna turn into a hip hop beat or something, but it worked so well.
Same goes for the Blackwater mission. The music in the game is just out of this world. I mean, the general world music repeats, but I'm pretty sure pretty much every mission has a unique piece of music accompanying it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Spent two hours walking around Saint Denis at night trying to trigger some side events. Tried to interrupt a thief from robbing a married couple in an alley but I only managed to tackle him after he shot the wife. Got honor points for saving the husband's life, but I just stood there and watched as the man cried over his wife's body before picking her up and carrying her off into the darkness.

I feel really bad for that guy. If I was faster, maybe... :/

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
Been playing this game for at least 20hrs now and I still can't get over the beautiful animation. Sometimes I just watch my horse for a minute lol greats stuff

Still loving the pace of this game. Weird because I'm usually the most ADHD person when it comes to playing games.