• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Are the stranger missions missable if you proceed to next chapters ?

Is there a list or something of how many stranger missions are there per chapter ? I really don't want to skip past the without even knowing ..

TheDanger

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel that the hype killed some of the enjoyment for me. Yes, you can do more things than most open worlds and its more realistic but there are far more things you now expect to be able to do which you cant do! Why cant I enter some buildings especially if a cutscene had someone enter it? Why cant I kick the fish that jumped out of the pond back instead of clumsily picking it up? Why is there just one throw animation and I cant toss people into windows, etc? Why is every interaction merely defuse or antagonize? Why is the bounty system so broken and lawmen appears out of thin air? Why when I smash running into a store and break a window the shopkeeper doesnt care? Why are the seasonal changes only limited to particular areas? I can go on and on.

Plus, the rain looks worse than in Horizon or Driveclub which is paradoxical for a game filled with so much detail elsewhere. Oh and the npcs in the theatres.. look so so bad.

this seems ridiculously nitpicky and is partly untrue, but it doesn't seem like trolling to me.

Noob Pilot

Jun 10, 2018
ugh, just when things are going great some stupid shit happens and cost me $30.

Had to get rid of a body for someone.
Somebody saw me dump it and invetigated.
Was then wanted for murder.
Got caught and had to pay the money.
Now I can't even finish the quest.

I'm loving the game but things like this take me out of it so hard and now I'm just gonna play something else. Frustrating.

Also had 2 random "missions" fail because of dumbass AI. First one was a guy wanting to race me on horseback. I guess he didn't know to stop when a train is barreling down the tracks and his horse got hit, ending the race. Second was a lady being kidnapped so I shot the guy, which spooked the horse and it ran off with the lady still tied up on the back of the horse. I can't find it anywhere.
Lasso corpses. Quick and clean.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
My screenshots all look too dark in the capture gallery. Does this have to do with HDR? Any way to correct?

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
i didn't want to spoil anything for myself, but how in the hell do you fish??

i've tried to steal a fishing rod from two different NPCs but Arthur wouldn't pick them up :/ i've explored the map quite a lot, but i can't figure it out. are you given a fishing rod later in the game or something, and before that you can't use them..? so lame if that's how it is.

Oct 29, 2017
Guys, please dont shoot the klansmen.....they do hilarious shit if you dont. The first time I found them, they were doing an initiation where some new guy was supposed to light the cross on fire and ended up lighting himself on fire instead. The next time I found them, it was during the day and two of them were trying to hoist the cross up and it ended up falling on the two of them and killing them both.

Also, I found a rock carving that seemingly confirms aliens. Its a picture of someone looking into the sky at a flying saucer that is right over a pyramid. There is a lot of the map I still havent seen yet, is there any pyramids anywhere?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, 2 quick questions.

1. Are stranger missions missable after ending a chapter ? (additionally, is there an online guide or anything which lists them by chapter ?)

2. Is the honor system locked per chapter ? I'm in chapter 4 and cannot get the honor to go past the 90% mark on the good side. No matter what or how much positive stuff I do.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
i didn't want to spoil anything for myself, but how in the hell do you fish??

i've tried to steal a fishing rod from two different NPCs but Arthur wouldn't pick them up :/ i've explored the map quite a lot, but i can't figure it out. are you given a fishing rod later in the game or something, and before that you can't use them..? so lame if that's how it is.

You will get the fishing rod during a quest for Abigail in chapter 2.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Early chapter 5 spoiler

the fuck? I'm playing Uncharted now?

TheDanger

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"Why can't I kick a fish" and "Good length story but everything else is cut and paste." doesn't seem like trolling to you?

I can believe it's a person that just exaggarates, probably saw a random event twice or something and made a hyperbolic post. I don't think he or she was deliberately trolling, but I could be wrong of course.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
So I was thinking about RDR2 online and I remembered the whole WWO "leak". It's kind of funny in retrospect, knowing how good looking RDR2 is.
wild-west-online-(2).jpg

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I think it was pretty obvious as soon as they were introduced, wasn't it? I have not finished the game yet (still relatively early on in St. Denis) but I am really curious to see how the events which lead to the outcome of the first game unfold. Love this reverse storytelling a lot.

I'm only in the middle of chapter 3. I played the first game but it was years ago and I was like 11 so I don't really remember any of it.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I still wish they included at least one sport for an activity. Baseball would have been great fun, imagine going throughout each town and playing a game with different teams and getting to be known as a great player when you get to the top, having like a big game in St. Dennis or something at the end and winning it that could unlock something neat.

Even bowling would have been great too, just something more of a sport rather then what they have.

Instead they focused pretty much on gambling and gambling, like that's all they played back then...
Agreed 1000%!

I was really hoping that Billiards would make it in.

After watching Tombstone and seeing the Earp brothers playing pool, it would have really been an awesome inclusion! Maybe in a near-future expansion we can have just that.

Also Liar's Dice and Horseshoes not making the cut also seems strange. It's odd going to Thieves Landing and not being able to play Liar's Dice.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
"He might be your father, boah, but he ain't your daddy."

reddeadredemption2_20bjilz.jpg

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
So random question but is everyone's Arthur underweight most of the time?

I'm thinking I might give up trying to fatten him, he just burns weight too fast. Even six dinners a day isn't enough for him

TheDanger

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So random question but is everyone's Arthur underweight most of the time?

I'm thinking I might give up trying to fatten him, he just burns weight too fast. Even six dinners a day isn't enough for him

maintaining weight is definitely annoying, I'm underweight all the time and then I sit down to eat 20 pieces of meat in a row to become average, but soon enough I'll be underweight again.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
The random stranger interactions are really good.

Saved someone from a bear trap and then ran into them at a town sometime later and they told me my next purchase from the gunsmith was free since it would be on his tab.

Last edited:

shtolky

Oct 27, 2017
I really suck at treasure hunting. I get the maps just fine and then I am a moron when it comes to actually finding anything. How do people find these things? Some of the treasure I looked up online I couldn't fathom how people found them. This goes for the collectibles too. Oh well.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really suck at treasure hunting. I get the maps just fine and then I am a moron when it comes to actually finding anything. How do people find these things? Some of the treasure I looked up online I couldn't fathom how people found them. This goes for the collectibles too. Oh well.

I assume rockstar told the guide people where everything is. Everyone is just ripping off prima basically.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Is walking in camp buggy for anyone else?
I noticed it after I did the water bucket chore for the first time.
I hold x and press the stick in one direction, so I should keep a steady pace forward, but instead Arthur awkwardly gets slower while walking all the time. Its extremely frustrating because the regular walking speed in camp is already slow, but he pretty much grinds to a halt now...

Oct 29, 2017
Is there any way to rob a homestead without getting the infornation about the stash? Went to catfish jacksons and I think I killed the guy. Came back later his body is gone and there is no option to search the chimney (where the stash is supposed to be)

DukeBobby

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, they're really hard to find. I've stumbled across a few of the locations myself, but I've never looked at a map and known where it was.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I feel absolutely no remorse using guides for the treasure hunts. The map is way too big to reasonably assume people will be able to comb every inch and find some of those hotspots. Especially considering they aren't even interactive until you get the hint.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to rob a homestead without getting the infornation about the stash? Went to catfish jacksons and I think I killed the guy. Came back later his body is gone and there is no option to search the chimney (where the stash is supposed to be)

Yeah I did a robbery with sean and accidentally killed everyone = no stash. Kind of lame. You should be able to use eagle eye and find it, or find it buried and dig it up even.

Deleted member 41931

Apr 10, 2018
Is that like a prototype version of Valentine?
No, its from a(I think still unreleased) western themed mmo that by coincidence looks extremly similiar. As you can see there are some slight differences like a blacksmith being located where the sheriffs office is in Valentine.
3233692-wildwestonline_playwwo.com_02.jpg

There was a rumour that the devs intentionalky leaked screenshots as being for RDR2 to get more attention for the game.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is walking in camp buggy for anyone else?
I noticed it after I did the water bucket chore for the first time.
I hold x and press the stick in one direction, so I should keep a steady pace forward, but instead Arthur awkwardly gets slower while walking all the time. Its extremely frustrating because the regular walking speed in camp is already slow, but he pretty much grinds to a halt now...

There are instances of that literally everywhere. He bugs into thinking he's supposed to be interacting with something. This game does have a surprising lack of polish at least as far as movement and controls go.

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
I just got back from the store with this game.

I didn't get far into RDR1 and I don't like Rockstar game in particular, plus I have a ton of other games I should play and finish.
Nothing I've seen from this game even excited me, it's literally just people talking about that made me buy it.

I hope I like it.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
There are instances of that literally everywhere. He bugs into thinking he's supposed to be interacting with something. This game does have a surprising lack of polish at least as far as movement and controls go.
But I never had that happening for like 15 hours of playtime and now it happens everytime I am walking in the camp. So it has to be a bug, no?

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody doing the hunting requests?

How do y'all go after the birds? They don't show up in Eagle Eye, so it's all just air RNG and especially finding their spawn spaces, seeing as they don't get marked on the map.