Votes: 150 5.2%
  • 70-79, 7/10, Recommended

Votes: 11 0.4%
  • Below 70, Not Recommended

Votes: 167 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 23, 2018
If anything, more reviewers should adopt this line of scoring...

You're not wrong... when every big game review scores are 7/8/9, it makes you wonder what the rest of the scale is for. At least slant is setting expectations a bit lower which can be good when people hype themselves up too much. At the same time it is weird they don't go above 7 often. But I like that they use more of the lower end of the scale.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Gamespot review getting hammered with dislikes because it gave the game a 9... what a world we're living in.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
So Greg Miller didn't like it. Said the world is incredible but hates Arthur, the gang and being the bad guy and probably won't go back to complete it. I'm happy that he doesn't have to write a review and give a score because it'd be something he'd get shit for the rest of his career.

Where is their review in progress?

I don't see it on youtube or twitter.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slant Magazine:
Red Dead Redemption 2 - 7
Marvel's Spider-Man - 7
Assassin's Creed Odyssey - 7
Detroit Become Human - 5
Far Cry 5 - 5
Wolfenstein II - 3

That's just some of the games from this year too that are far off the average.

Those don't strike me as being particularly unfair though tbh. I could see a good case being made for all of those ratings.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Watched Gamespot's review video. It confirms my worry on the mission structure, but they also said the story is immersive and provoking. The whole management part is most interesting to me though, regarding how Arthur can help the gang by doing chores and helping each other. Always love these small backdrops in a big picture.
From the Slant review:
Ah, I mean, their animations are like that. I did not expect differences from RDR2. Personally I don't like it. Way too inclined to being "real" or having actual weight.

Calmine

Jul 5, 2018
Caved and pre-ordered a PS4 Pro with this last month, got it for £120, so I'm pleased. Not fussed about X being better quality, I play PC 90% of the time anyways, plus Sony has far better exclusive I can check out as well. Super hyped about tomorrow!

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Greg Miller didn't like it. Said the world is incredible but hates Arthur, the gang and being the bad guy and probably won't go back to complete it. I'm happy that he doesn't have to write a review and give a score because it'd be something he'd get shit for the rest of his career.
I value greg millers opinion a lot

Oct 27, 2017
Eww, the controls in GTAV are god awful. Won't be picking this game up for a few years probably. I need to accept Rockstar games are not for me, no matter how much praise they receive.

Hehe yeah, I'm still undecided whether I will get this game. I've become immune to all the "best game of all time" chatter in review threads. Getting burned by Botw and Witcher 3 reviews like the one from Slant will give me the best impression.

Oct 26, 2017
Out of 52 reviews the lowest(excluding slant and their 70) is 88, and then all 90s

Make of that what you will

Yeah. I'm not worried or anything. I mean this company hasn't yet disappointed me. Even if GTA V did have several things that could have been much better. But that goes for my other favorite company too, Bethesda Game Studios.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any of these reviews go in to detail on the controls and shooting? I think I might hate GTA snap aim combat so I'm hoping this controls more like Max Payne 3.
None of their games will feel like Max Payne 3 until they change their entire control scheme to feature aiming constantly, which will never happen

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
History will not be kind on BOTW, that's for sure.
laughter.gif

Mar 23, 2018
Caved and pre-ordered a PS4 Pro with this last month, got it for £120, so I'm pleased. Not fussed about X being better quality, I play PC 90% of the time anyways, plus Sony has far better exclusive I can check out as well. Super hyped about tomorrow!

It certainly is an interesting strategy that MS is doing. I have a Pro as well but used to own an Xbox One. When they announced that every Xbox exclusive will also be on PC I instead sold it and built a gaming PC.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Game sounds fantastic, as expected. Looks incredible on X and Pro as well. Only thing I'm not liking from reading/watching reviews is the sim/survival/micromanagement mechanics. I'm not too fond of that type of stuff.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
When I'm done with Dragon Quest XI, I'll get this, or Valkyria Chronicles 4. So many good games for the coming months.

ThatWasAJoke

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know, 98 seems really high. I'm sure others will love it but I doubt I will so much. We'll see after my exams finish and I can begin

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
It certainly is an interesting strategy that MS is doing. I have a Pro as well but used to own an Xbox One. When they announced that every Xbox exclusive will also be on PC I instead sold it and built a gaming PC.

I only have my Xbox to play with my girlfriend but since I don't have much time to play both Xbox with her and the other games I've call it quits and sold the Xbox.

No point in having an Xbox since I have a High End PC since they put game pass on the PC and their own exclusives over here.

Sendou

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Red Dead Redemption was one of my favorite games last generation so can't wait to play this. Seems like there is some kind of consensus that it's an alright game.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly, this just feels like any of their previous games. I wouldn't be surprised if a month from now there's criticism to the level of GTA IV or V. Most of all, when the game is that slow (which to me, and well done, could be a big plus, but most people are not looking for such experience).

I'm in for the ride, either way. Hoping the story matches the world they've created.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Hehe yeah, I'm still undecided whether I will get this game. I've become immune to all the "best game of all time" chatter in review threads. Getting burned by Botw and Witcher 3 reviews like the one from Slant will give me the best impression.

Indeed. I'm starting to become more level headed about insane hype, aside from games that I'm already hyped about. It's hard to resist but a lot of the time, these games that everyone raves about don't do anything for me.