• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I guess it's a matter of opinion at the end of the day, but the water at this point at 1:57:52 looked amazing to me as he walked through it: https://youtu.be/Zu1GH6sXMBw?t=1h57m52s

I guess it looks good when you move slowly but when he moves fast it looks like there is some huge plastic cone in front of him.
Also when he moves very slow the water barely reacts, or when he stands in middle of those fast streams of water there is no reaction from water at all.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I CLEARLY stated that they want money just like everyone, THEY ARE GREEDY just like everyone else, I thought I made that pretty fucking clear.

The point I'm making is that despite being greedy corporations, you can see their dedication and respect for their work, unlike EA and Ubisoft with their annual soul-less releases and copy and pasted assets. Just look at their new games for fuck's sake, BFV is basically just an updated version of BF1 and Odyseey is basically just an updated version of Origins, same engine same structure and 90% reused assets/texture packs.

Everyone is trying to make more money in this industry, no one is ''for the gamers'', but some take their work more seriously than others. Rockstar could have easily release one GTA game each year, with the same engine and assets from the last game, they can easily go full Ubisoft, but they didn't, that's all I'm trying to say.

Reminds me so much of 'I only listen to real music' arguments in my childhood.

Sherlocked

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
To imagine that this generation started with AC: Black Flag and given how Origins/Odyssey/RDR2/Spiderman/GoW end up looking... great progress.

Hooks

Oct 27, 2017
To imagine that this generation started with AC: Black Flag and given how Origins/Odyssey/RDR2/Spiderman/GoW end up looking... great progress.
But Black Flag was cross gen, If you wanna start with AC it would be Unity right? But yeah I agree It's great to see how much this gen has progressed, This gen has actually shaped up to be better than I could have imagined.

Nov 1, 2017
For those doubting the gore in this game

Li1UED3.gif

Heads and limbs being blown off by a sawed off shotgun is a bit... much. That wouldn't happen. Kinda like headshots in Vice City would decimate heads. Wasn't a fan of that lack of realism.

Mr.Ock

Oct 27, 2017
So, JUST got my retail standard edition and I'm happy that it comes with a map! I thought it would only be present in the Deluxe edition. It's such a little Rockstar touch to still have a paper map, love it!
(Sorry if this was already pointed out haha)

Now, to install and play!

Sherlocked

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
But Black Flag was cross gen, If you wanna start with AC it would be Unity right? But yeah I agree It's great to see how much this gen has progressed, This gen has actually shaped up to be better than I could have imagined.

Yeah that comparison fits better. My game is ready for pickup and I'm dying to see it on my own TV. =)

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
So, JUST got my retail standard edition and I'm happy that it comes with a map! I thought it would only be present in the Deluxe edition. It's such a little Rockstar touch to still have a paper map, love it!
(Sorry if this was already pointed out haha)

Now, to install and play!

Smashing! I'll be picking mine up at midnight and wasn't sure the standard edition came with a map. Can you let us know how long it takes to install?

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the install time is ~2 hours and I already preloaded the game, does that mean that the installation will start at midnight and then I'll have to wait until it's finished before I can play? Sorry if dumb question, I just got a PS4 last month and never preloaded before.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
If the install time is ~2 hours and I already preloaded the game, does that mean that the installation will start at midnight and then I'll have to wait until it's finished before I can play? Sorry if dumb question, I just got a PS4 last month and never preloaded before.

Did you buy digital or physical?

If digital, and you already preloaded the game, you can play straight away at midnight.

Only the physical copy folks have to start installing once they get the game.

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did you buy digital or physical?

If digital, and you already preloaded the game, you can play straight away at midnight.

Only the physical copy folks have to start installing once they get the game.

Thank you. I got the digital version, hence the pre-load talk. I know you have to install physical copies (I bought the Pro Spider-Man LE and it had the physical version of the game), but I was not sure how pre-loading digital copies work, as in whether I just download the files needed to install and then the installation starts at release date, or if the pre-load basically installs the game and it's simply 'locked' until release, like you explained. Cheers.

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
I've got two episodes of The Walking Dead to watch while it's installing. That'll see me through the wait ... I hope.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Eh, now.
Also seems to stutter a bit on xboxonex in a few rate cases judging from the 2hrs video posted earlier.
Doubt it's the stream because it happens a few times in the same exact spot of the map

"if you're looking for the very best RDR2 experience, Xbox One X is the go-to platform for this game. Rockstar's stunning technological achievement runs at native 4K on the X, and also delivers the smoothest performance."

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
"if you're looking for the very best RDR2 experience, Xbox One X is the go-to platform for this game. Rockstar's stunning technological achievement runs at native 4K on the X, and also delivers the smoothest performance."

That's incredible compared to other versions. Incidentally it's the version I bought :P
But doesn't mean it's free from dips.
Haven't watched DF analysis het