Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
I just woke up to this piece of news and after watching the screenshots I am like

giphy.gif

Guess who's replaying this baby when I'm back home after work.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft is really, really pushing the right buttons to do a 2010 Sony turnarround. I'm very tempted to get the X just for these amazing 4k, free patches.
Not quite like that... But among us core gamers they've certainly been pulling the right strings with the multiplat power on the X and Game Pass and BC etc. If PS5 isn't coming until 2020, which I believe is the latest rumor, then we'll at least be looking at 2 more years of slowly pulling previous Xbox gamers back until PS5 arrives.
That's not half bad!

Just seeing the game sit there on the 360 selection this morning was a pleasant surprise to say the least. So happy that Rockstar likes to start off slow with a cinematic beginning, played it with my younger kids beside me lol, just couldn't wait until tonight to see this, and it looks so fiiine in 4K =)

AM_LIGHT

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No lie 4K enhanced BC games is what pushed me to buy an X. MS is doing some impressive job with these free remasters, X is totally worth the 397$ i payed for it , even at 500$ it would've been worth it .

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
God damn. So this is what the PC port would've looked like.
You could say Marston is a sharpshooter now. sorry.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Jeeeeez. Well I know what I'm playing after work tonight. It feels like every week the one x purchase is justified that little bit more. I didn't think I could get more impressed with this console

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
No lie 4K enhanced BC games is what pushed me to buy an X. MS is doing some impressive job with these free remasters, X is totally worth the 397$ i payed for it , even at 500$ it would've been worth it .

I can totally see these enhanced ganes as a system seller. If I only didn't just get PSVR...

Feb 10, 2018
I have a PS4 pro ,Switch and XBX ,and I am tempted to pick up PSVR after the price even though I don't even have time to finish the games i already own.

I want to get a stand alone VR headset.
But I dont want to put up with the screendoor effect and low IQ. I feel like getting a VR headset now is like getting an early android phone, but HMDs will get better even faster then smartphones did.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thing with these is, they always feel like this is how they looked anyway. Its like Gears Ultimate edition, it looks 100 times crisper than the original but when playing it I didnt even notice.

If it was 60fps that would make want an 1X though.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No the regular X1 & S play at the same resolution as the original games whether it is 720p or lower . I can't understand why can't the S render at 1080p .
Because the way they do it the emulator force the resolution to be 3 times what the game's render at on both axis (so a 720p game become a 4K game, Halo 3 for example is not in 720p on 360 so it's almost 4K on X).

On Xbox One and S forcing the resolution to render at 2 times the original is too heavy on the GPU, and as it seems to only work with integers for now, 1.5x can't be done properly, but they are working on it I think. 1.5x 720p would give native 1080p.

OG Xbox games use the same trick on both Xbox One, S and X, but on X the resolution is even higher.

AM_LIGHT

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Because the way they do it the emulator force the resolution to be 3 times what the game's render at on both axis (so a 720p game become a 4K game, Halo 3 for example is not in 720p on 360 so it's almost 4K on X).

On Xbox One and S forcing the resolution to render at 2 times the original is too heavy on the GPU, and as it seems to only work with integers for now, 1.5x can't be done properly, but they are working on it I think. 1.5x 720p would give native 1080p.

OG Xbox games use the same trick on both Xbox One, S and X, but on X the resolution is even higher.
That makes sense . Anyway no regrets trading my S for the X .

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Super impressive work. Now I have to deal with games shooting up in price on Amazon if I want a physical copy.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
Bullshit. This is a common occurance and there is no need to be so condescending about it. Remasters are like this for many people even though there is no doubt it looks sharper .

Yeah while I agree that some remasters don't look much better ( prototype being hilariously bad) this isn't a remaster. To say that it looks "exactly" like 360 and "probably sharper" is a little disingenuous when the overall consensus is the complete opposite.

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ok i'm a little jealous of people playing this on the XB1X. the game looks so nice in those shots! i played it on a PS3 and it was a complete mess. i believe it ran at 640p upscaled to 720p and to make it worse i was playing on a 1080p TV so yeah it was blurry as hell!

i guess this is the definitive version of Red Dead Redemption since we don't have a PC version. I'm seriously considering buying an XB1X just to replay RDR and to get the best possible experience for RDR2. I wanted to wait for the PC version but I can't do it.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
legend says the RDR code is so messy that it is unportable
MS obviously has some emulator running it. It could probably run on a PC as well, since current gen consoles have a similar architecture.

Edit: Looks fantastic. Never played more than a few hours, and only have PS Now as an option for playing it. The X is tempting, but I already have a pro and a PC with 1080

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, these alone make it worth the purchase - I just wish I had the free time to justify it.