• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Removing Aerith's death would already kinda break the message of the original game and also change the entire ending (she kinda has to die in order to use Holy from within the Lifestream)

changing it to another character would be even dumber, especially considering all of them have character arcs, most of which get wrapped up towards the end of the game.

also I feel like they could make Nanaki's emotional moments resonate even more strongly with some fantastic direction. Death isn't the only way to make emotion happen.

When I played through FFVII knowing Aerith dies, Bugenhagen's death took me completely by surprise and was genuinely affecting. Same goes for Nanaki finding his dad.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
If square wants to surprise people they should still kill Aerith, but kill her at a different point in the story. Later on for maximum confusion or earlier for maximum shock.

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
people are mentioning Cait Sith and I legit forgot that was even a character

Jesus Christ what is Cait Sith even gonna look like in this remake with the uber realistic aesthetic

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
So we got..

Barrat needs to be less white
Aeris needs to be Aerith and more japanese looking
Red XIII needs to die

Only had a couple of trailers, God help the devs as it's gonna get scrutinised at every turn. So glad i played this in 1997.
There's no way a VII remake in any shape, size or form wasn't going to end up one of the most nitpicked games of all time.

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
Why you gotta throw Nanaki under the bus for Aerith

How can Aerith's death still be affecting people like this in this day and age lol

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, instead of killing the character that died in canon and touched and shocked so many people while playing it... they should kill the talking dog?

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
I ain't no fan of Red XIII but no Aerith should still die. It would be really silly to change that.

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
Better idea: when Cait Sith "dies" at the Temple of the Ancient, leave him dead and have Reeve himself join the party instead of having a second identical Cait Sith immediately join your party and neutering the impact of the death of the previous Cait Sith.

Reeve being part of the party would be amazing. Just a Shinra suit who doesn't know how to fight. He's a total dweeb in DoC.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't change the plot. Just don't.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Aerith should be replaced with Jared. like make a plot point where Jared comes from another dimension because of a mako reactor accident and then most characters are cloned into Jared and they all die except Cloud and then you have to avenge him by killing Sephiroth who is also Jared at that point

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
People not wanting Aeris to die have even played the game? If Aeris don't die or any other character dies in her place then it's game over for the heroes.

Oct 31, 2017
have Sephiroth kill everyone and then have Sephiroth look to the screen and say "you're next" and then require the player to wear 3D glasses and then engage in a mini-game where you have to dodge Sephiroth's sword swings via movement with your 3D glasses on

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
As long as they bring back Genesis to hit me with some sweet monologues about dumb plays, whatever

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
This is about like remaking Return of the Jedi and having Vader fight Chewy at the end instead of Luke.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Aerith dies, and everyone has to move on in their own ways. It goes against the whole game and the whole narrative arc of what happens afterward for her to survive.

Aerith is 6 feet under and the fans need to accept that

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Lol no.

Why are some people wanting to see radical narrative changes in Remake that would change the outcome of the game. I've even seen a few people suggest we should have the chance to let Aerith live. Like, come on now...

Oct 31, 2017
So we got..

Barrat needs to be less white
Aeris needs to be Aerith and more japanese looking
Red XIII needs to die

Only had a couple of trailers, God help the devs as it's gonna get scrutinised at every turn. So glad i played this in 1997.

There's been wayyyyy more petty, stupid, and unreasonable complaints than this

Also, her official name is Aerith.

Status
Not open for further replies.