• Sora pls

Votes: 88 9.5%
  • Waluigi Time

Votes: 194 20.9%

• Total voters

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with the premise of this thread, just find and replace Geno with Travis Touchdown.

J-Soul

Nov 11, 2020
Yeah, its happening. There was no reason for his outfit to be added when it did, except to set up the punchline of his real reveal.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
The meme agument is dumb, since there's already more nothing characters in the game.

I'd rule it out more because the recent characters all seem kinda cross-promotional in nature.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
That hurt, but again Sakurai even stated he wanted Geno in the Game so hopefully this still is possible
Sakurai always says anything about wanting more characters in Smash. It doesn't mean that what he says is a guarantee.

Let me tell you why Geno will never happen in Smash as a fully playable character:

1.) Unlike on Smash 4, Sakurai doesn't have a say as to which DLC characters gets in, as he has to go by what Nintendo of Japan have chosen.

2.) Square-Enix owns Geno, not Nintendo. Also, SE has a ton of recognizable, popular characters under their belt, besides Cloud, Sephiroth & Hero. Average gamers doesn't know who Geno is or even cares about him, & Nintendo isn't going to pay money out of their pocket just for a one-off character such as Geno when they can use other characters from Square to advertise & market. Even characters like Terra Branford, Crono & 2B are more recognizable than Geno is & would fit more in Smash than him.

Last edited:

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
b2e.jpg

Aug 10, 2019
geno_gives_it_a_whirl__by_highpoweredart-d9oh6lf.jpg

Yes here me out, I honestly think the one of the last 3 characters (specifically Final one) could still potentially be Geno.

For any of you guys that will have the arguement of "He is de confirmed because he is a DLC Mii costume" I have 1 simple question for you........ Why?

It comes down to the original excuse "Rule out" that the fandom has made. Because it's never done before so people turn into blind eye for.

Examples of this in the past 2 entries that fell flat after a character was announced

-Has to be a character heavily associated with Nintendo
-Has to be a character that appeared on a Nintendo console
-Can't be an assist trophy
-Can't be someone that's a spirit
-etc

Now check out the fighter pass dlc characters from this game...

6316067_sd.jpg

And then with these......

Super-Smash-Bros.-Ultimate-Fighters-Pass-Volume-2

You know what I see??? Opportunity. Sakurai last 2 characters have again been in the ballpark of "no fucking way" and Sakurai is known to mess around with the fan base and troll when he can.

Of course Geno seems close to impossible at this point, and is exactly why he going to do it. Cuz you set yourselves up for this big announcement. Cuz of "The rule" that's made up from the smash community. Look at Pokémon for example. These past 3 generations gamefreak keeps on breaking these Rules made up from its respective community.

in case your wondering, I mean no added Pokémon in a single generation, cut off Pokédex,etc

Anyways that's what I wanted to say.... will I be wrong? Of course I will but it won't be because of these Rules 😂

Anywayzzzz ..... Post Your Thoughts 💭
giphy.gif

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There are like at least 10 other deep cut Nintendo characters I'd prefer before Geno. Would be a waste of a slot.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The meme agument is dumb, since there's already more nothing characters in the game.

I'd rule it out more because the recent characters all seem kinda cross-promotional in nature.

There are valid arguments to say Geno isn't happening:

- They added his Mii outfit (however, this isn't exactly an official rule as the brought back K. Rool's Mii outfit when he became a character)
- They want to focus on legitimate third party characters (there are three spots left and Master Chief and Crash feel pretty likely)

However, "He's a meme," is just shit-posting to troll Geno fans. They literally said Ridley is not possible to do and he was absolutely a meme. Yet we got Ridley.

And this?

imagine thinking geno has any relevance in 2020 or 2021 over literally any other character

you geno freaks need to let this go

The last Fighters Pass had Banjo-Kazooie (depressingly irrelevant), K. Rool (irrelevant and ignored by the new DKC games) and Terry (the general public doesn't know who the fuck he is).

ImpendingFoil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's time to let Geno go, it's a lost cause. We should now focus on a much more relevant character.

Francis York Morgan
image0.jpg

evilmonkey

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The last fighter will be yet another uninspired swordsman from Fire Emblem. We all know it's true. Better rip that bandaid now.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
An image is going to leak where you'll see the word 'Gen-' in smash font with the last letter missing and a hint of orange color, making you think it's obviously going to be Geno. You'll be hyped for weeks. Then finally the trailer happens and you hear a familiar whistle, the sound of fighting hidden by dust clouds, characters will be tossed out of it and out from the cloud of dust you'll see a glowing hand approach. The glowing hand then points towards a roulette wheel and selects it's next special attack.

AgonizingDirectGraysquirrel-max-1mb.gif

You hear the sound of the familiar home run bat and see a character get hit into the stars.

Then the wheel turns again. This time, a boot hits a character and he flies away into the sky as well.

tenor.gif

Next, the sound of a barrage of punches. Another character flies away.

IncomparableFastDotterel-max-1mb.gif

Then finally, once you start saying 'hey wait a minute, Geno isn't known for kicking and using bats' you'll hear the sound of a small bell being rung. Mario falls to the ground writhing in pain.

zYYvcKI.gif

Then finally the dust cloud settles and the camera pans from the glowing hand up to your new character.

SparseDigitalEyra-size_restricted.gif

The name 'Gene' finally appears in bold text as he shrugs and says 'What did you expect? Some Pinocchio-man in a cape?'

And his final performance to end the trailer? A dance.

tenor.gif

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
It's not charging twice, one is a costume. A costume isn't a new character.
No, but asking you to pay for a costume before telling you that they're making a playable character that may fulfill the same interest may be perceived as artificially increasing the value of the costume.

The costume is currently the sole way of playing as Geno.

Axumar

May 13, 2020
Are people seriously comparing Geno to Ridley? Ridley is in a bunch of Metroid games. Metroid had no representation. It is as important to the franchise as Ganondorf or Bowser.

Most people don't know who Geno is.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I still think the big difference between Geno and Banjo/K. Rool is that, despite what detractors said prior to their reveals, the latter two were much bigger characters in their prime. K. Rool was the big bad in basically every Rare developed DK game throughout the 90s, was a main character in a CG cartoon that was weirdly beloved in Japan/France, and still continued to appear in the spinoff games released in the 2000s until Retro took over. Banjo & Kazooie were the main player characters of what used to be a major first party franchise for Nintendo.

Meanwhile, as stated a million times before, Geno was just a one-off optional party member, from one Mario RPG spinoff released years ago. He's basically the equivalent of say, Midna and the other one-off Zelda supporting characters, who are also not playable. That is what people really mean when they say Geno is "irrelevant".

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I still think the big difference between Geno and Banjo/K. Rool is that, despite what detractors said prior to their reveals, the latter two were much bigger characters in their prime. K. Rool was the big bad in basically every Rare developed DK game throughout the 90s and still continued to appear in the spinoff games released until Retro took over. Banjo & Kazooie were the main player characters of what used to be a major first party franchise for Nintendo.

Meanwhile, as stated a million times before, Geno was just a one-off optional party member, from one Mario RPG spinoff released years ago. He's basically the equivalent of say, Midna and the other one-off Zelda supporting characters, who are also not playable. That is what people really mean when they say Geno is "irrelevant".

Basically. Geno's importance compared to the other characters who've been "rule-breakers" is markedly low. He appeared one time in a minor role in a SNES RPG 25 years ago. K.Rool was the main villain of the entire DKC series, and Ridley has been appearing in games even recently.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Some of y'all need to let it go when a character gets deconfirmed. There's being sad and disappointed and then there's cope.

Are people seriously comparing Geno to Ridley? Ridley is in a bunch of Metroid games. Metroid had no representation. It is as important to the franchise as Ganondorf or Bowser.

Most people don't know who Geno is.

Most people didn't know who Ridley is either lol.

(This isn't an anti-Ridley jab, just saying, Metroid is not exactly a superstar series.)

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
And the same would go for Banjo & Kazooie & Terry Bogard. At least Banjo & Kazooie had been with Nintendo in the past & had even gotten remakes under Microsoft.

Terry Bogard has been in a lot of fighting games from his own series (Fatal Fury), is a regular staple character on SNK's own crossovers (such as King of Fighters & NeoGeo Battle Coliseum) AND has appeared on other crossovers outside of SNK. Not only that, but King of Fighters was the game that inspired Sakurai to make Smash Bros. in the first place.

The last Fighters Pass had Banjo-Kazooie (depressingly irrelevant), K. Rool (irrelevant and ignored by the new DKC games) and Terry (the general public doesn't know who the fuck he is).

Terry is probably one of the -- if not the -- most irrelevant and unknown characters in the game. And they threw him in a damn Fighters Pass.

See above.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I'm not going to disagree with that!

But I do think people make up their own personal rules for Smash characters when most don't really exist.

Terry is probably one of the -- if not the -- most irrelevant and unknown characters in the game. And they threw him in a damn Fighters Pass.

Terry has been in like over 25 games. And his series is still going now. Hell, he's SNK's mascot.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's over as far as Ultimate is concerned, no need to get your hopes at this point only for them to be dashed in 9 months or so.

But there's always a chance he'll get his shot in Smash Ultimate Deluxe on the Switch 2, so you can at least put your hopes there

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Does this guy have any importance, like, anywhere?
Didn't know him till last week when you people started complaining he isn't on smash lol.
He's like the Smash equivalent to a third party political candidate.

I LOVE Mario RPG but even back in the Brawl days I felt he was a long shot that didn't make much sense compared to the other newcomers. Now it's just sad.

Edit: This kind of twisted logic just makes me shake my head.
And fans of RPGs know who Geno is.

"Fan of fighting games" is still a niche group of people. Only Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat have characters with mainstream appeal.