• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Geno Still in Smash as a DLC Character?

• Yes of course

Votes: 73 7.9%
  • Hell Nah

Votes: 552 59.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 20 2.2%
  • Sora pls

Votes: 88 9.5%
  • Waluigi Time

Votes: 194 20.9%

• Total voters

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
geno_gives_it_a_whirl__by_highpoweredart-d9oh6lf.jpg

Yes here me out, I honestly think the one of the last 3 characters (specifically Final one) could still potentially be Geno.

For any of you guys that will have the arguement of "He is de confirmed because he is a DLC Mii costume" I have 1 simple question for you........ Why?

It comes down to the original excuse "Rule out" that the fandom has made. Because it's never done before so people turn into blind eye for.

Examples of this in the past 2 entries that fell flat after a character was announced

-Has to be a character heavily associated with Nintendo
-Has to be a character that appeared on a Nintendo console
-Can't be an assist trophy
-Can't be someone that's a spirit
-etc

Now check out the fighter pass dlc characters from this game...

6316067_sd.jpg

And then with these......

Super-Smash-Bros.-Ultimate-Fighters-Pass-Volume-2

You know what I see??? Opportunity. Sakurai last 2 characters have again been in the ballpark of "no fucking way" and Sakurai is known to mess around with the fan base and troll when he can.

Of course Geno seems close to impossible at this point, and is exactly why he going to do it. Cuz you set yourselves up for this big announcement. Cuz of "The rule" that's made up from the smash community. Look at Pokémon for example. These past 3 generations gamefreak keeps on breaking these Rules made up from its respective community.

in case your wondering, I mean no added Pokémon in a single generation, cut off Pokédex,etc

Anyways that's what I wanted to say.... will I be wrong? Of course I will but it won't be because of these Rules 😂

Anywayzzzz ..... Post Your Thoughts 💭

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The dream is dead. You're basically getting your hopes up at this point.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's not happening. The fact Geno is already a Spirit Battle and now a Mii costume is literally as much as anyone could possibly expect for a character who hasn't been relevant for 25 years.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be happy if he's in. I don't think you should expect it at this point, but I'd be happy if it happened.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Also, regarding the whole "rule" thing:

Nintendo would not ask people to pay for a Geno Mii costume if they were going to charge for him as a full character a few months later. That's a dick move that benefits no one.

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
I just had a dream last night about this exact topic!!!!

They definitely have a chance at SHOCKING us, yet again.
Might be the only way to actually top the Sephiroth reveal.

Geno lives <3

OP
OP
Tbone5189

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
This is the biggest issue in my mind.

Also, regarding the whole "rule" thing:

Nintendo would not ask people to pay for a Geno Mii costume if they were going to charge for him as a full character a few months later. That's a dick move that benefits no one.

Let me ask you this, do you think the guy paying 75cents for this particular costume is really going to be upset with Geno inclusion later on? Like really think about that for a sec....

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
We already have a character who's very similar to Geno; He's called Mii Gunner (& more or less, Mega Man).

Go play with either one.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like Ridley, this is a meme choice that no one will bother to use if he get's in.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does this guy have any importance, like, anywhere?
Didn't know him till last week when you people started complaining he isn't on smash lol.
He's a fairly popular character from Super Mario RPG, but at this point he's probably more well known as the current Smash "dream" character that Ridley used to hold.

MeepMerp

Alt Account
May 2, 2020
Nobody wants a literal-who puppet as a character from a game that Nintendo doesn't even own. Definition of a wasted slot.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Op I BELIEVE!!!!!!!

Sephiroth will not get away with this

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Nobody wants a literal-who puppet as a character from a game that Nintendo doesn't even own. Definition of a wasted slot.

I mean this is factually false because there is clearly demand for it from fans, just as there was for K. Rool. And it's funny to throw out "that Nintendo doesn't even own" considering they're literally focusing on third party characters.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Let me ask you this, do you think the guy paying 75cents for this particular costume is really going to be upset with Geno inclusion later on? Like really think about that for a sec....

It's more that it doesn't make sense to charge players twice for the same character. Especially one who hasn't been relevant for 25 years.