• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Patitoloco

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah boiii.

f7o.gif
Fuck yeah.

4K Sam Lake face pleaseeeeeeee

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody have a list of all the current Remedy projects in development? It seems like they have so many it's hard to keep track of.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Gonna guess these will be akin to a Bluepoint-style remaster/remake. So new graphics, maybe some QoL, but the same game underneath for the most part.
I'm quite alright with that as the games still hold up incredibly well and just need some "fine-tuning" for modern standards.

OP
OP
Patitoloco

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody have a list of all the current Remedy projects in development? It seems like they have so many it's hard to keep track of.
Control 2
Alan Wake 2
Max Payne 1 and 2 remake
Project Vanguard
maybe Project Condor/Control MP?

Not all of them are in production, some (like this) are supposedly in preproduction still.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Holy shit I love the idea of remaking these two as one game actually.

I'm a big fan of Control and think they're just getting better so I have a lot of faith in this. Awesome news.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Wonderful news! I've been saying for years that at least a remake of the first Max Payne would make a ton of sense, but it wasn't something I expected Rockstar to do themselves. Glad they granted Remedy permission to do it, and they're even upping it by remaking the sequel as well.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
if this is successful maybe we can at the very least get Rockstar to give MP3 the LA Noire treatment and get it to modern platforms

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
you guys think northlight engine is capable enough to top max payne 3 in terms of physics and things like that? i hope remedy nails the gunplay and doesn't just reuse stuff like weapon sounds

damn remedy really is back with this + alan wake 2

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Would be unnecessary, but cool if they included a bonus of the GBA version. Never played that one and it looks nifty.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
So Remedy is working on following things now:
- Alan Wake 2
- Control Sequel
- Control co-op/MP Spin-off
- Codename Vanguard with Tencen
- Max Payne 1 & 2 Remake

JankyNedelko

Oct 15, 2020
The Netherlands
Can't wait to replay these games with my pops again! Though I do wonder how Remedy will modernize both games. Is the gameplay going to be like MP3 or contemporary Remedy. The classic comic book stills with Sam Lake and the devs or in-game models.

Anyway, I'm stoked for this!

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
This is INCREDIBLE news! I can only imagine what these games will be like with the game design Knowledge that Remedy has gained over the years, combined with their incredible Northlight tech!

I'm sorry for the Max Payne 3 lovers out there, but I kind of hope that it would be considered non-canon now. I would just love to see Remedy's take on where the series would head after Max Payne 2 (though 2 had a fantastic ending all its own).

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Are they just gonna AI upscale those comic strips? I'm sure Remedy has the photos archived somewhere.

I hope they don't turn them into cutscenes or if they do, they better be good in which I trust Remedy in pulling off.

Two of the three greatest third person shooters ever made! The third being Max Payne 3, obviously.