Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017

If you've played Quantum Break, the resemblance is undeniable.

It especially reminds me of the early footage of QB. I don't think this is a bad thing since I really liked QB, but I expected something a little bit more different.

Regardless of gameplay/looks, I do hope the game at least has more content and replayability. As much as I liked QB, it was a one-and-done deal for me. Even the choices you could make in-game didn't really have any meaningful consequences in the game itself. They mostly altered the accompanying TV series.

Oct 27, 2017
It probably is a canned QB sequel reworked. I remember the chick in the first game (Bonnie, was it?) was supposed to be the chosen one and the entire game was leading to that in a sequel. The powers and setting pretty much give it a way.

Too bad, could have been another MS first party game that they desperately need more of now. At least they're addressing their problems so it's not that big of a loss.

May 17, 2018
Yeah, when the trailer started during the Sony press conference, I immediately knew it was the new Remedy game based on the color palette alone. I hope they at least change that, unless they're connected somehow.

Quantum Break was a linear story driven action game. Control is being classified as a Metroidvania style game. I'd say that's quite a bit of difference. Re-using QB's gameplay isn't a bad thing. Control just needs better level design and more enthralling subject matter.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
Well it's supposed to be kinda open-world kinda metroidvania, so that's already way different than QB. It also gives me heavy SCP vibes which I love, these aren't QB vibes at all.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
They even use the Beth actress. Haha.

maxresdefault.jpg
latest

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hope this one is successful enough to push them to work on a game alarmingly similar to alan wak

mojo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This seems to have a good story so it's already nothing like quantum break

ajcacio

Mar 6, 2018
So what exactly is alarming? Seems like they had more ideas from Quantum Break they wanted to expand on

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing about that is really alarming though?

It also doesn't seem that similar outside some of the visual flair stufff and it being another narrative-focused third person shooter with powers,
It's not going to have the TV stuff and the structure and setting seem actually pretty different.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Ya don't say.

Like, was anyone unaware of the similarities? Or at least, anyone among those who bothered to remember that Quantum Break existed?

As soon as I saw Control I assumed it was a salvage job from the remains of whatever Quantum Break sequel they were planning on before that game fizzled like a soggy fart.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Same developers. No surprise. If they polish the game to better quality it shouldnt be a problem, but since is from 505 Games, which doesnt have the same budget power as Microsoft...

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
wait, what's the story here? game from the same studio set in the same universe looks the same?

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
According to Remedy, they had such a good time with the Beth actress on Quantum Break, that they personally contacted her for this game.

I am pretty sure if this game was published by MS, it might have been a spin off to Quantum Break. Both games do look very familiar.

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I´m not alarmed.

Dark Souls 3 looks a lot like 2.

Forza 7 looks a lot like 6.

Destiny 2 looks a lot like 1.

Uncharted 3 looks a lot like 2.

I find that very normal. Same developer, same tools, a lot of same assets. That´s just how it is.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
They definitely used a lot of similar lighting, effects, textures, etc. Makes sense for them to do that though. Saves money and development time. Plus Remedy is on record wanting to get games out at a faster clip so reusing stuff is rational. I also doubt they've gotten anywhere near as much cash for this project as Microsoft gave them for Quantum Break.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Totally. It was instantly recognisable as the new Remedy game when the trailer started! How it looks, how it moves. It's clearly very close to Quantum Break.

Oct 25, 2017
Alarmingly? No seriously is there a secret program where you get paid for more clicks on a thread because I want IN

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
That's not the problem I have with it. The problem I have with it is that EZA commentary made it sound like they have an SCP ripoff in there, and I sure hope I am overreacting. Not that I don't like SCPs, I do like SCPs, but I don't like the kind of rip-off I am imagining.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
You need to watch an interview or two on this game. This isn't multimedia hybrid.

Aside from the same engine, the devs have done a wonderful job to set this game completely apart from Quantum Break.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of work went into the assets and effects of QB. This is Remedy taking those and making a new IP with a relatively quick turnaround compared to their usual dev cycles. I don't have an issue with that. Plus the approach to world design and story seems quite different.

I never got to play QB despite thinking it looked really cool since I only have a PS4 so that's also a factor

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Everything was port plus

"Alarming," lmao

Come on man

Some people around here act like reusing assets and/or iterating is a cardinal sin

NovusTerminus

May 24, 2018
MS didn't want to make QB2 so Remedy did a spiritual successor, since they don't own the rights to the IP and want it multiplatform. much like From Software did with Demon's Souls to Dark Souls.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the trailer screamed Quantum Break very loudly. The central character model, lighting etc all looked straight out of QB.

That is not a bad thing IMO. QB was a above-average game which could have done much better than it did.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Well it's the same engine... and I assume same art director, I don't see how this is a issue going of the info we know about the game not being similar to QB.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Alarming?

Developers recycle. Always have.

Nothing to complain about here.

Otheradam

Shinra Employee
Nov 1, 2017
The art style looks exactly the same. As soon as I saw it I knew it was Remedy.