chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
They even use the Beth actress. Haha.

maxresdefault.jpg
latest

What if "Control" is connected to Quantum Break .. and we're playing through what Beth experienced at the "End of time" in Quantum Break :o

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Even the choices you could make in-game didn't really have any meaningful consequences
Which makes sense given the game's premise. I found it (conveniently) clever.

I liked every bit of QB, from set pieces, locations and scenery, over story to combat and visual effects. The metroidvania mentioning regarding Control is even more intriguing. I'm excited to see more.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What I am sharing is not an opinion. It's a fact. If you look back at the thread I've stated that I saw the game being played in front of me behind closed doors and did an interview with the devs.

And yes I played QB. The games just share same engines which is why it looks similar.
I said looked. And it does look identical. I don't know how it plays, but it "looks" exactly like quantum break. Even the character looks exactly the same with a different haircut.

OP
OP
Fiery Phoenix

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Holy fuck! I did not figure it out until you made the comparison.
I aim to please.
Well, it's not going to have any of that time traveling stuff or the TV show. So I would disagree, those were the reason why I played the game.
Yeah, I have to admit that TV show continuity is what originally attracted me to QB. And even after the fact I would say it worked pretty well. I just wish the game itself had more content and a bigger choice-consequence factor.

Daschiel

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe this is the actual game you get to play instead of watching movie clips to piece it together with the game?

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I kind of don't mind...?

QB had some pretty good animations and supernatural special effects.

What I'm most interested is the LORE in this game. I believe EZA had a preview panel where Huber and Co. went into detail about the game's set up. It's so eerie and weird. The juxtaposition of the mundane with the ritualistic and supernatural.

Right off the bat I was getting INSIDE vibes, and I can't put into words how welcome those vibes are in a TPS.

This game just got on my radar big time. Bring it, Remedy.

Jun 22, 2018
It looks exactly like Quantum Break. That's not a bad thing. I liked the look of Quantum Break and really enjoyed the game.

It is weird that they didn't try to do more to distinguish the visual styles of the two games.

In any case, I look forward to playing this one, just like I've enjoyed all of Remedy's games.

the_wart

Oct 25, 2017
It looks exactly like Quantum Break. That's not a bad thing. I liked the look of Quantum Break and really enjoyed the game.

It is weird that they didn't try to do more to distinguish the visual styles of the two games.

In any case, I look forward to playing this one, just like I've enjoyed all of Remedy's games.

I dunno about that. The materials and lighting are very similar, but afaik (haven't played it myself) Quantum Break had pretty mundane, naturalistic environments, while this gave me a kind of sci-fi brutalism vibe. I think they look so similar mainly because they share a more subdued color and lighting model, where most games go for dramatic lighting and colors.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay wise yea but from a story, setting and character perspective it is infinitely more intriguing. At least to me anyways. I really think the insistence on using b list celebrities in quantum break was just a pointless budget drain and hindered the story development of the game in certain ways both due to the inclusion of those live action segments and just from a story development perspective. There's much more flexibility for a creator when you don't have to rely on specific actor models as it adds an expectation of groundedness and realism especially to tie in with live action segments. I often wonder if the inclusion of Animorph man and little finger was something Remedy decided to do or if it was sort of pushed on them in an attempt to elevate the mass appeal of their game. With Crackdown 3 adding Terry Crews I'm starting to think more and more that their inclusion was pushed on remedy by MS as it seems way too similar to what has happened with Terry Crews being added and then development essentially rebooted to account for and prioritize his involvement.

Either way it's clear that Control is basically Remedy unleashed being as crazy and out there as they want to be and that to me is so much more interesting.

Last edited:

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
the ending will reveal its a parallel timeline to QB :P

My Xbox One X is ready for this puppy day one, Have yet to be dissapointed by Remedy

Jun 22, 2018
I dunno about that. The materials and lighting are very similar, but afaik (haven't played it myself) Quantum Break had pretty mundane, naturalistic environments, while this gave me a kind of sci-fi brutalism vibe. I think they look so similar mainly because they share a more subdued color and lighting model, where most games go for dramatic lighting and colors.

When you're in some of the buildings in Quantum Break, they look almost exactly like the interiors of this game. When I first saw this trailer I was really confused because I thought they were showing Quantum Break 2. It looks that similar.

TailorDKS

Apr 18, 2018
It alarming that Dark Souls looks verry similar to Dark Souls.
Oh yeah, and Dark Souls looks alarmangly similar to Demon Souls

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I sadly haven't played QB, but hopefully without the boondoggle of TV episodes interstitched within the game it will allow Remedy to go crazy.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
as someone who supported Shenmue Kickstarter I know how cool is knowing that a game that you thought would never release got a chance, even if it has a new name.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
The gameplay looks less rigid, and the powers more significant, so that's enough of a difference to me. It certainly seems like a game with a more narrow scope and focus, and hopefully the economic game design results in a better game than Quantum Break.

Visually it looks quite striking but the animations seem to betray the look.

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
That's excellent. Still holding out hope for QB2 in my lifetime.

There's still a chance this takes place in the QB universe. I mean the main character looks like Beth. What if this took place during her time in the past. After she stepped in the machine there was a huge gap of time we don't know about.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I loved Quantum Break except for the TV part. It was not very good and it definately ate up a lot of the budget.

QB is more cover based while this seems like a game where you run around in the open.

Plus you ae using "telekinesis" powers and not "time" powers

LegalEagleMike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I get to play it still on xbox and im glad more people get to play it. Also stoked on Remedy getting a new game out in less than 5 years time.

OP
OP
Fiery Phoenix

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
There's still a chance this takes place in the QB universe. I mean the main character looks like Beth. What if this took place during her time in the past. After she stepped in the machine there was a huge gap of time we don't know about.
The problem is Remedy doesn't own the intellectual rights to QB and therefore can't legally make this a sequel or spinoff even if they wanted to. As familiar as it looks, it's a new IP.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's the same thing From did with Demon's Souls/Dark Souls, or that many developers have done with IPs they don't own. All I know is that it looks like fun and one of the best things to come out of E3, so either way I'm excited about it.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks cool but why does Alan Wake, Quantum Break and this game all share the same soft filter and stiff animations?

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I immediately knew it was a Remedy game during the live conference and I shit you not, I have never played Quantum Break or Alan Wake.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remedy have a history of reusing actors between games, which I personally find nice. Vinnie from Max Payne 2 is Barry from Alan Wake. Max Payne himself is Thomas Zane from Alan Wake. One thing about Remedy games is that they've always had AMAZING casting. Just top notch.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The shapeshifting gun looks really cool and weird as fuck!

giphy.gif

I've mentioned it before but this looks like the closest thing I could get to a big budget SCP game so I'll take it.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
The shapeshifting gun looks really cool and weird as fuck!

giphy.gif

I've mentioned it before but this looks like the closest thing I could get to a big budget SCP game so I'll take it.
DUDE, YES. I knew this was reminding me of something.

God I can't wait to finally play a Remedy game on my PS4. I gotta upgrade my PC because it's had Alan Wake sitting in there for years.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Quantum Break kind of needs a second chance. It didn't get the attention it deserves. But they need to remove the cover based shooter part or somehow make it a bigger incentive to be more aggressive with power use. Because so often those who i found disliked the combat were playing it very traditional cover shooter with a rare power here and there when the game wanted you to play it like an X-men with occasionally taking cover.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Quantum Break kind of needs a second chance. It didn't get the attention it deserves. But they need to remove the cover based shooter part or somehow make it a bigger incentive to be more aggressive with power use. Because so often those who i found disliked the combat were playing it very traditional cover shooter with a rare power here and there when the game wanted you to play it like an X-men with occasionally taking cover.
Quite frankly they should ditch cover shooting entirely. There's nothing wrong with cover shooting, per se, but playing Max Payne 2 really drives how how much Remedy's classic game design relied on player mobility and aiming and strategic positioning instead of being able to turtle down behind something every few seconds.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Quite frankly they should ditch cover shooting entirely. There's nothing wrong with cover shooting, per se, but playing Max Payne 2 really drives how how much Remedy's classic game design relied on player mobility and aiming and strategic positioning instead of being able to turtle down behind something every few seconds.

There is just something a bit off with Quantum Break's combat. It's easily the weakest part of the game. I think it may come down to enemy variety and design. It never feels tactical or interesting- you have a lot of powers to use but they all pretty much work against any given enemy so the only thing you need to do is spam any power that isn't on a timer.