• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized, I didn't get relegated holy shit lol I thought I was dead!

The main reason I came here, if anyone is interested in playing a fantasy video game league based around opencritic review scores, we've got that thing going on over here. Goes all year, 1st league is already filled up but there's still a few that have mentioned wanting to play. If anyone wants to create a 2nd league and keep me posted on who's in it, draft order etc, I can update the OP accordingly.

www.resetera.com

ResetEra Video Game Fantasy League |OT| 2020 Season

Hello, everyone! There's a website being talked about on some podcasts called fantasycritic.games Here you can play a fantasy football type game where you draft a bunch of video games coming out in 2020 akin to fantasy football, then get points based on their aggregate review scores from...

2020 Season Canceled.
OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
The 2020 season is canceled due to the COVID and some personal reasons that will make it hard for me to manage all leagues this season. The plan is to resume for 2021 and pick up where we left off

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Smurf Totally fair, hope all is well. Question for 2021, are you considering a switch to Sleeper?
tbh I wasn't, it's tricky to get a lot of people to change platforms. But do you know if there is a way you can manage a Sleeper league without actually playing in it? Because that would be the thing that makes me consider the change, since that is definitely the worst part of setting these leagues up.

Deleted member 179

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tbh I wasn't, it's tricky to get a lot of people to change platforms. But do you know if there is a way you can manage a Sleeper league without actually playing in it? Because that would be the thing that makes me consider the change, since that is definitely the worst part of setting these leagues up.
Edit: scratch this, still testing, ignore me

Deleted member 179

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, was busy rest of yesterday. Update, yes you can. There's an option to be able to have more users than teams, so you could be the 13th user with no team and commissioner status.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The 2020 season is canceled due to the COVID and some personal reasons that will make it hard for me to manage all leagues this season. The plan is to resume for 2021 and pick up where we left off

Booo!! But understandable, I am going through the same thoughts with a bunch of other leagues I manage and play in.

I honestly don't even want to bother, but some people are adamant about not missing their fantasy sportsball. Sigh.

See everyone next year!

Also, I'd prefer to stay with Yahoo, but I've done Sleeper too, and it was fine.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Would yall be interested in playing in the Era leagues again? This time around though, they will be on sleeper(sleeper.app) instead of Yahoo, since it's the only platform that will allow me to run multiple leagues without actually having to play in all of them. Same rules as the Yahoo leagues, same scoring, same promotion/relegation system, just a different platform.

I'm tagging 1st the people in our top 2 leagues, Prominent and Bench Warmers to see who is coming back and how many people we'll have to promote from the lower leagues. After that, I'll set up the other leagues and also open them up for new players.

jviggy43 Crazymoogle NSA JFunky JonCha AllThingsPurple @McBryBry silentg Violence Jack grang TheSkullPrince Dhuggs_ Kalel114 StrangerDanger Corran Horn compbros Corporate Clown Corsick Haselbacher @Ron Mexico Mortemis Scar Squall ASF Tom Nook Tophat Jones PassiveObserver castlegar Dbltap

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck it, I'm down. Won't be able to do live drafts, it'll have to be on auto thanks to time zones tho.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I'm already sending the invites to the Prominent Members League. I'll give a week for the remaining players to respond and secure their spot, then I'm promoting people from the other Leagues and setting the Bench Warmers league up. So if you're already replied to the thread, your spot is secure and you should be receiving an invite for one of the leagues in the next couple of weeks.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
I think I was part of a league of some sort, can't recall haha.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Would yall be interested in playing in the Era leagues again? This time around though, they will be on sleeper(sleeper.app) instead of Yahoo, since it's the only platform that will allow me to run multiple leagues without actually having to play in all of them. Same rules as the Yahoo leagues, same scoring, same promotion/relegation system, just a different platform.

I'm tagging 1st the people in our top 2 leagues, Prominent and Bench Warmers to see who is coming back and how many people we'll have to promote from the lower leagues. After that, I'll set up the other leagues and also open them up for new players.

jviggy43 Crazymoogle NSA JFunky JonCha AllThingsPurple @McBryBry silentg Violence Jack grang TheSkullPrince Dhuggs_ Kalel114 StrangerDanger Corran Horn compbros Corporate Clown Corsick Haselbacher @Ron Mexico Mortemis Scar Squall ASF Tom Nook Tophat Jones PassiveObserver castlegar Dbltap
I've been waiting for this but never got the notification when you tagged me! Finally decided to do a search for threads and was going to ping you if you hadn't posted about starting them back up. Count me in for returning. Football is almost back everybody! Went to a Cards training camp practice and it was so nice being back in the stadium again. Bought me a Kyler jersey to replace my Pat Peterson one while there. Let's go!!!

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting for this but never got the notification when you tagged me! Finally decided to do a search for threads and was going to ping you if you hadn't posted about starting them back up. Count me in for returning. Football is almost back everybody! Went to a Cards training camp practice and it was so nice being back in the stadium again. Bought me a Kyler jersey to replace my Pat Peterson one while there. Let's go!!!
Yeah, Era is weird like that, when you tag a bunch of people it doesn't always work. So I've been DMing people before I give their spot away, that's why it's taken a while to put the leagues together. The invites for the Bench Warmers league should be going out by the start of next week

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, Era is weird like that, when you tag a bunch of people it doesn't always work. So I've been DMing people before I give their spot away, that's why it's taken a while to put the leagues together. The invites for the Bench Warmers league should be going out by the start of next week
No worries, still plenty of time. Not familiar with Sleepers, I assume it has an app?

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sending the Bench Warmers league invites to everyone that confirmed they're playing this season, check your DMs.

anbokr

Oct 25, 2017
Heya, is this group still active and/or is there a discord for leagues? I know it's fairly late, but I'm pretty interested in joining up in one of the leagues if there's a spot available / the draft has not occurred yet. Let me know :).

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Heya, is this group still active and/or is there a discord for leagues? I know it's fairly late, but I'm pretty interested in joining up in one of the leagues if there's a spot available / the draft has not occurred yet. Let me know :).
We got 2 full leagues but we didn't have enough players for a 3rd one

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
I was in the middle of a live draft yesterday and kept forgetting about this one. lol My auto picks are trash. RIP