• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I just stayed up till 4am rereading HvV2 spec, which was both entertaining and a bit depressing. But I'm really in mafia mood again lately!

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
FYI, we have enough to launch but we'll take signups until the 48-hour window is up (tomorrow). We'll start Sunday!

Royal_Flush

Oct 25, 2017
Nooo, why did nobody tell me Blarg was playing in Doggo? Next time somebody DM me on Discord so I can sign up too!

While I'm here I might as well sign up to Monkey's game.

Flush
he
UTC +2 (I think, might be +1, daylight savings time is a hot mess)

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry for breaking your heart
One day I'll actually win a game like that where I'm in a bad spot from the beginning and have to claw my way back, you'll all see. I hold no grudge against you Nat, it was a bold move to call my bluffs and help town win.
Sorry for how heated I got in spec chat :< I feel bad about it still.
Oh I didnt get that impression at all, dont worry.
Sure! I'm certain nothing will go wrong and no knife will be in my back.
I fear the next time we end up in a gossip/secret chat

My lies wont work anymore

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like Spec when that's up, please.

That complexity clarification sounds fun.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nooo, why did nobody tell me Blarg was playing in Doggo? Next time somebody DM me on Discord so I can sign up too!

While I'm here I might as well sign up to Monkey's game.

Flush
he
UTC +2 (I think, might be +1, daylight savings time is a hot mess)
What, the normal announcement pings aren't enough? People gotta read your minds too?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
The final roster for Nightmare at 20,000 Feet Mafia! Thread will be up soon and PMs will start to go out in a bit.

[He/Him] CaptainNuevo UTC-8
[He/Him] Ynnek7 UTC-4
[He/Him] Fran UTC-3
[He/Him] Fireblend|Fire UTC-6
[He/Him] Royal_Flush|Flush UTC+2
[He/Him] turmoil7 UTC-3
[He/Him] Funky Dude Sparks UTC-6
[He/Him] Stantastic UTC+12
[He/Him] nin UTC+1
[He/Him] malus UTC+2
[He/Him] Geno UTC
[He/Him] Chuggernaut UTC-6
[He/Him] Kalor UTC+1
[She/Her] Sawneeks|Sneeks UTC-7
[He/Him] Muffin UTC+2

Replacements:
[He/Him] Stuart444|Stu UTC+1
[They/Them] Aeleus|A UTC+0
[She/Her] lokiduck|loki - UTC-8
[He/Him] Lone_Prodigy|LP UTC-4
[He/Him] Kopite UTC+8

Oct 25, 2017
The final roster for Nightmare at 20,000 Feet Mafia! Thread will be up soon and PMs will start to go out in a bit.

[He/Him] CaptainNuevo UTC-8
[He/Him] Ynnek7 UTC-4
[He/Him] Fran UTC-3
[He/Him] Fireblend|Fire UTC-6
[He/Him] Royal_Flush|Flush UTC+2
[He/Him] turmoil7 UTC-3
[He/Him] Funky Dude Sparks UTC-6
[He/Him] Stantastic UTC+12
[He/Him] nin UTC+1
[He/Him] malus UTC+2
[He/Him] Geno UTC
[He/Him] Chuggernaut UTC-6
[He/Him] Kalor UTC+1
[She/Her] Sawneeks|Sneeks UTC-7
[He/Him] Muffin UTC+2

Replacements:
[He/Him] Stuart444|Stu UTC+1
[They/Them] Aeleus|A UTC+0
[She/Her] lokiduck|loki - UTC-8
[He/Him] Lone_Prodigy|LP UTC-4
[He/Him] Kopite UTC+8

Geno requested replacement :o

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe we could make one big PM list for everyone who wants to be PMed about new games and hit them all at once.

Thingyman

Mar 30, 2019
Heya folks, big news!

We've been invited back to the 7th annual Mafia Championships over at MafiaUniverse! The Mafia Champsionships is a tournament put on by MafiaUniverse and extended to hundreds of online forum mafia communities on the internet to participate and be crowned champion! This year we have the option to send another one of our number to go in and participate.

Over the years we have had many of our own go over and play to represent us.
Sorian played in Season 3 and got 4th place overall!
Ty4on and Natiko both played a game in Season 4!
Dr. Monkey (with CaptainNuevo as back-up) played in Season 5 and made it to the Finals!
Finally, our latest Champion was Faddy as he played in Season 6!

What does this mean for us? Well, a couple things. If we are sending someone over to participate we need to confirm them by April 27th. So we're opening up the floor for anyone to volunteer to play! If you wish to participate please say so here or privately message me! We will also need someone to volunteer as a back-up in case the first/chosen person has to drop out.

If we receive more than 1 person who wishes to represent us in the Championship we will hold an open poll to decide our champion. :>

Now...a couple things and I'm sure past participants can elaborate here as well. MafiaUniverse is lot more fast paced than how we play our games here. The official invitation we received says that possible participants should expect to read upwards of 500-600 posts per 24 hours. They also have a 10 post count per day phase minimum that we have here. Please keep that in mind.

If you would like more info on the set-up for the game, rules, tournament structure, etc. check out the info HERE on MafiUniverse!

Hi guys

Thingyman, one of the organizers of the tournament here.

Technically, the deadline for selecting a rep is today. I'm not sure if there are any volunteers yet though? If you guys need a couple of extra days, that won't be a problem however, just let me know :)

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Yooo, how do I get in on the next one??

Seems like you're a new player, right? Welcome!

Next game should start around mid-May, and while we do not have "pre-sign-ups", we can ping/PM you then if you want.

In the meantime, you can also either ask to be added to the replacement list of the current game or enter its Spectator Thread, in which we comment it.

Deleted member 25834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Seems like you're a new player, right? Welcome!

Next game should start around mid-May, and while we do not have "pre-sign-ups", we can ping/PM you then if you want.

In the meantime, you can also either ask to be added to the replacement list of the current game or enter its Spectator Thread, in which we comment it.
If there's a way to be pinged/PM, that would be awesome!

Oh yeah for sure, I'll keep my eyes on the thread. Thanks!

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
If no one else will go, I volunteer as tribute, but I'll have to hope they let me play in the later qualifiers, since I defend my dissertation soon and am a little busy until then!