• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like you have more work cut out for you lol Iso

Yeah the new update broke the old themes
My theme has been updated for the changes. A couple things: I removed my themes ability to hide the thread tags, as they added that as a feature under user preferences, so if you want to move the location of the thread tags, or hide them, do it there.

The color of thread tags is near unreadable right now within a thread, but that is an issue with the default theme as well. I am leaving it for now as I feel they will update it on the site side.

If you did not switch to my GitHub version of the theme, you must to get the updates. Find it and install instructions here.

Also, can anyone remember if I had the timestamp text white as it is now, or was it the grey that is used for the report/quote/reply? The white is annoying me for some reason but I cannot remember if it has always been this way lol.

Edit: I changed it to grey cuz it was annoying the shit out of me.

Last edited:

MmmSkyscraper

Oct 25, 2017
Also, can anyone remember if I had the timestamp text white as it is now, or was it the grey that is used for the report/quote/reply? The white is annoying me for some reason but I cannot remember if it has always been this way lol.

Before I updated, timestamp text was showing as white for posts, but grey for threads. It looks much better now they're the same.

Thanks for the quick fixes!

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My theme has been updated for the changes. A couple things: I removed my themes ability to hide the thread tags, as they added that as a feature under user preferences, so if you want to move the location of the thread tags, or hide them, do it there.

The color of thread tags is near unreadable right now within a thread, but that is an issue with the default theme as well. I am leaving it for now as I feel they will update it on the site side.

If you did not switch to my GitHub version of the theme, you must to get the updates. Find it and install instructions here.

I have the link to the github but how do I then install it? I copied and pasted to stylus but the layout is still not as it used to be. And the icons are still broken. I'm using firefox.

Thanks for all the work you've done on this.

Edit: I'm an idiot who did not scroll down the github page. I've got it now. Thank you for this!

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017

Nice it's working again, but now things have changed on what I set up. How do I increase the page width again and how do I show the user avatars instead the era arrow icon?

/edit: Just noticed that my own avatar doesn't up on threads I did post in.

Last edited:

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville

Thank for your the quick and excellent work.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies for potentially hijacking the thread, but is there a dark OLED friendly theme that hides the menu bar?

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
Nice it's working again, but now things have changed on what I set up. How do I increase the page width again and how do I show the user avatars instead the era arrow icon?

/edit: Just noticed that my own avatar doesn't up on threads I did post in.
To change the various settings now it is built into the extension.
CIs7VfD.png

As for why your avatar doesn't show up on the left for threads you posted in, the default is set to hide it ("Hide Posted Icon?"):
MWQ1llH.png

Edit: I may add some padding when showing your avatar in threads you've posted in, didn't realize how tight the padding was as I never show it.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Thanks for the speedy update, I really do prefer your theme on desktop, just going back to it again confirms it.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
^
Welp I didn't see that gear icon until now but I changed the settings now.

Anyway thanks.

I made a slight tweak to the padding, I noticed the posted avatar was blocking user names in some cases, you may want to update. You can do so by going into stylish and clicking the update icon here in the image. It should go red and make you press it once more if it detects the update. Latest version is 1.7.5:
resetera-dark(updates).PNG

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

You are a lifesaver thank you.

RelaxedOtter

Oct 27, 2017

Thank you very much for the update.