Status
Not open for further replies.

itspants1

Jul 17, 2018
Sure...and that would be totally fine if the game of high stakes only affected you. That's my other issue with it. Congrats on winning a copy of a game you hate when someone else that entered the giveaway would've legitimately enjoyed it? I cleaned out my stockpile of humble keys, but I did it so that people could get a game they actually wanted to play. It's not something that upsets me enough that I'm going to contact a mod or complain about left and right. To me the thread is better when people give specific games to people that want to play those specific games.
I totally understand where you're coming from. I personally love the light heartedness of a mystery giveaway with it's added complexity to an already unlikely scenario. Life is like a box of chocolates etc. etc.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry everyone, I just wanted to participate in the giveaways but my face was tired.

Last edited:

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Now this is just shameless lmao

It's not that hard to quote five people and have a quick conversation ya know

Oct 25, 2017
Where's this clip from? I saw a let's play of this game on YouTube and it looks nothing like this clip
It's from a show about a bread

48cWgt5.gif

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Don't do this. Why shit up the thread? Make meaningful conversation.
Now this is just shameless lmao

It's not that hard to quote five people and have a quick conversation ya know
[Insert Obligatory Temp Ban Request Here]
This is way too lazy.
People have done that since the beginning, because the "no lurkers" requirement doesn't make much sense for this thread (it's intended for community threads). Obviously doing that in specific community threads is bannable but not here.

Knock it off with the attacks and backseat moderation guys.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
People have done that since the beginning, because the "no lurkers" requirement doesn't make much sense for this thread (it's intended for community threads).

Knock it off with the attacks and backseat moderation guys.

What backseat moderation? I'm not reporting the guy or anything. Still not changing my mind that quoting people to talk about whatever is better than five straight POST# posts though but you mods worry about what is good for the thread or not, i'm here for the giveaways

ZeroCoin

Oct 26, 2017
I totally understand where you're coming from. I personally love the light heartedness of a mystery giveaway with it's added complexity to an already unlikely scenario. Life is like a box of chocolates etc. etc.

It's all good. I think I've probably just seen too many of the Bad Rats mystery giveaways over the years to trust many of the 'totally not bad rats!' raffles.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Whenever I get another code to give away I'm gonna make it a mystery raffle just to annoy people. ;)
But I would give clues and also write the game name with the code so the winner knows before they activate it. Then they are free to do the same as I did if it was something they owned. Or just raffle it normally. Or whatevs!

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Whenever I get another code to give away I'm gonna make it a mystery raffle just to annoy people. ;)
But I would give clues and also write the game name with the code so the winner knows before they activate it. Then they are free to do the same as I did if it was something they owned. Or just raffle it normally. Or whatevs!

Do a mystery condition to enter raffle
Like "no members born in 1992 or with nicknames starting with R are eligible to enter"

I think I have the first one on GOG too.

Sometimes its called LBA, sometimes its called just "Relentless"
Its a fun game too, despite one tiny part that haunts my dreams to this day

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from ArtTeitlebaum ArtTeitlebaum!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

ArtTeitlebaum said:
Dead Island Definitive Code is not redeemable in Germany. Sigh.
Maybe some other restrictions? I don't know...

Thanks to @Notaskwid !

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Dead Island Definitive Edition - Won by SinkFla SinkFla (63 entries)

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand why the "No Lurker" restriction is even used in this thread, it really doesn't make any sense.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Yeah I guess I'm out of the giveaways since no captcha can load for me since Google is blocked here. You have one less opponent people!

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I'm just gonna quote this great post re: the lurker restriction
I personally actually think that this very thread became a community on its own by now. We have our regular users, our well-known gifters that hype their games with teasers, our gif makers always being so creative, and so many regulars just bantering together in the face of GiftBot giving us joy or disappointment.

I would have agreed, and actually have agreed to the "no lurker" option not making any sense for giveaways happening in this thread 3 weeks ago when this was just starting. But now, I would argue that we have a community in this very thread, and that people wanting to create giveaways to reward people who actively participate in this thread, by making it lively, generous, fun and wholesome, have a right to create giveaways with restrictions that would help that happen.

I said basically the same thing from the start and I stand by it. It's unfortunate that it creates spam but it has also created Final Fantasy top lists, memes and many other odd things.

1 gift from herminihildo

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from herminihildo herminihildo!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

herminihildo said:
Here for those who are interested.

These are our awesome prizes:

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
It's been happening since the very beginning...
People have been disguising it at least and engaging in fun discussion which is nice for the thread. Like those posts where people were ranking their favourite final fantasy games for example rather than "obligatory post #1".
I could see a giver wanting people to contribute something small to the thread before being allowed an entry but it serves no purpose if numbered spam posts are an accepted way to bypass.

Status
Not open for further replies.