Status
Not open for further replies.

itspants1

Jul 17, 2018
People have been disguising it at least and engaging in fun discussion which is nice for the thread. Like those posts where people were ranking their favourite final fantasy games for example rather than "obligatory post #1".
I could see a giver wanting people to contribute something small to the thread before being allowed an entry but it serves no purpose if numbered spam posts are an accepted way to bypass.
I like the lurker spam. It shuffles the giveaways down so nobody else will enter for what I want :)

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
People have been disguising it at least and engaging in fun discussion which is nice for the thread. Like those posts where people were ranking their favourite final fantasy games for example rather than "obligatory post #1".
I could see a giver wanting people to contribute something small to the thread before being allowed an entry but it serves no purpose if numbered spam posts are an accepted way to bypass.
Fair point, but enforcing this as a rule would create inconsistencies with how we dealt with this thread so far and would be really unfair. Maybe for an OT2, though.

I like the lurker spam. It shuffles the giveaways down so nobody else will enter for what I want :)
That's the spirit! ;)

Now if we could just move on from this and keep it nice and positive instead of acting like a clique, that'd be great~

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from an anonymous user!

This is a first-come first-serve giveaway. Any claimed prize will instantly be delivered.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Puss! - Won by Equirah Equirah (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: The Spiral Scouts - Won by Officer K Officer K (1 entry)

ArtTeitlebaum

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
I'd like to thank Fudo Myo for the Pathologic code and Ellix for Journey Down. (I LOVE point&clicks and I haven't heard about this before. Neat.)

Thank you Notaskwid for Dead Island, but I had to forward it to GiftBot, because my country likes to control what grown-ass adults are allowed to play... :-(

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Sounds like something a bot would say.
Screenshot-2018-04-20-03.18.19.png

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
The captchas only ever require me to click on the box once, I'm not getting the pictures.

Maybe Giftbot likes me 😍

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
I think it may be related to how many you are entering in some time window.
I think it's handled by Google's algorithm. I also only get the click but I don't know why some see the manual image-clicking.

I hate Captcha because I tried using it on my site and it doesn't ward off bots at all and I don't know why 😭

1 gift from Cels

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Cels Cels!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Cels said:
should work but no promises, got this from chrono.gg without realizing I already owned the game

• Steam Steam: Knightshift - Won by Shodan14 Shodan14 (4 entries)

1 gift from ZeroCoin

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from ZeroCoin ZeroCoin!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

ZeroCoin said:
I have no idea what this is...but hopefully someone will want it.

• PC / Xbox One PC / Xbox One: Minion Masters: Void’s Onslaught DLC - Won by Grettir_the_Swole Grettir_the_Swole (4 entries)

2 gifts from Dazraell

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from Dazraell Dazraell!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

• Steam Steam: Star Ruler - Won by rein rein (13 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Nuclear Dawn - Won by Out_Of_Ammo Out_Of_Ammo (13 entries)

2 gifts from nacimento

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from nacimento nacimento!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from lucas lucas!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

• Humble Bundle Humble Bundle: Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You - Won by Spiderman Spiderman (28 entries)

1 gift from MrFortyFive

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from MrFortyFive MrFortyFive!

MrFortyFive said:
It's a mystery NSFW anime game giveaway! I won this from @CannonFodder52 (thank you!) but it seems this particular NSFW anime game was already in my library, so I'm putting it up for grabs again. In the spirit of mystery I'm not revealing what it is, so take your chances if you want!

• Steam Steam: Mystery NSFW anime game! - Won by Spiderman Spiderman (160 entries)

DNgamers

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Kassandra91 Uaaaah thank you for System Shock 2! Sci Fi horror for horror month? Oh yes! I always wanted to play that one, Bioshock being an early favourite of mine when I had my first gaming PC! :)

1 gift from Kassandra91

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Cloud_Strife Cloud_Strife!

• Steam Steam: Lichdom: Battlemage - Won by t26 (81 entries)

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
Noooooooo the captcha is starting to ask me to identify things in blurry pictures lol. Rip.
My favorite is when you have to identify, say, red lights, and none of the pictures actually have any in them. Either that, or I'm selectively blind to things that are supposed to be noticeable and I wonder how I haven't crashed my car yet.

1 gift from Grettir_the_Swole

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Grettir_the_Swole Grettir_the_Swole!

Grettir_the_Swole said:
Whoops. Didn't read that it was DLC and I won it before I had the chance to withdraw my submission.

• PC/Xbox One PC/Xbox One: Minion Masters: Void’s Onslaught DLC - Won by one of us one of us (3 entries)

1 gift from Kromis

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Kromis Kromis!

Kromis said:
I'm a big dummy and didn't realize I already got a key from a recent humble monthly!

• Humble Bundle Humble Bundle: Swords and Soldiers 2 Shawarmageddon - Won by dallow_bg dallow_bg (59 entries)

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, my time to complain: this limitation of letting only givers to participate might be well intended, but I believe that it will stimulate some people to join raffles with games they don't want just to have something to give when the opportunity arrives, or they might even put up raffles with false or even already activated keys, like "oops, my bad! I thought that It was still good". I'm not saying that people who did that actually did that with this intention; mistakes are made, people forget stuff and that's fine, but it's a possibility, you know...

Last edited:

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, it's a giveaway thread. If you were to actually clog up the thread with meaningful, quality discussions, that would simply be spam in this context. Applying the lurker restriction in this thread ist frankly pointless.

2 gifts from Griffith

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from Griffith Griffith!

Griffith said:
These games are in my Steam Inventory so I will neither an e-mail or to add your Steam ID in order to gift them.

1 gift from Ragnarsson

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Ragnarsson Ragnarsson!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

• Steam Steam: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Won by Kid Heart Kid Heart (60 entries)

Status
Not open for further replies.