Alo81

Oct 27, 2017
so my friend has bene working on a mixture of reflections and ambient occulsion effect mixed together in one effect, it certainly leaves for some impressive results on dark souls 3 (i literally havent tested anything else yet its still very much in testing and she just wanted me to test it and show here for what people think)

with my reshade (personal adjusted settings ) and the new effect

48115604068_a8f1bbca21_o.png

with my reshade, but without this effect

48115661082_61faf8cd9a_o.png

and this is base game no reshade

48115603363_9470df7cf4_o.png
Could you point to where we're seeing the refliections effect in scene? Otherwise, the shadowing looks great.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Has anyone been able to get the RT working on the original Deus Ex? Not sure if it's even possible on here tbh

Jun 14, 2019
heres a better game/image showing the reflection part of shader my friend is doing

with

this screen is also using other standard reshade effects that u can use hence why its darker but u can still see the reflection i wanna show

48137642682_83cf624823_o.png

without

48137548916_3eeb5d878d_o.png

look at the red orb and fireplace thingie

Jun 14, 2019
excuse double post, heres another showing off the effect, hope my friend can work out some issues and then release it

this is insane

48139022346_f5309ba7a5_o.png

without

48139115732_dd1ff76896_o.png

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.

Here's a vid of Katamari Damacy. I think it's my favourite example yet, along with Half-Life 1 and Jedi Outcast. Those are the ones that produce really good results and I'd just play through them with this shader even at this early development stage.

Simple geometry seems to greatly benefit from bounced lighting, I can tell Katamari would look amazing with proper path traced global illumination i.e. Minecraft.

Dreamboum

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was trying some reshade stuff because Resonance of Fate is a washed-out game and the stuff you can do is wild. Screen Space Reflections??? wtf

resonanceoffate2019-0n4km6.png

resonanceoffate2019-0kajzn.png

resonanceoffate2019-0vrj0j.png

resonanceoffate2019-0c5kbl.png

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
The Witness works really well too. Too bad there is no fix for the vegetation being included in the effect which can lead to the usual issues.

Nerrel

Oct 31, 2017
The GlideN64 dev generously spent a lot of time working with a ReShade modder to get this working reliably in N64 games, which it now does with the newest WIP builds (and a special emulator version of ReShade). This is with a very outdated version of the RT shader:

The path tracing shader does a lot of neat things, like making the 2D textures for lights actually function as light sources. Even just MXAO alone does a lot to add depth. It's pretty easy to run when you're only rendering 20fps as well.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
The latest version of Reshade GI is really performant. Here's Monster Hunter World with it on. Granted, with DLSS on but with prior versions, you could forget about even running 1080p + RTGI this smoothly

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
how are people getting this working? i tried it on doom on a 2080 super and it tanks the fps down to 17fps. what am i doing wrong? clean install with reshade and the 0.6c beta.

i cant even get the AO output debug to work. i must be doing something wrong but i am not knowing what!

Last edited:

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone try this with Black Mesa?
Haven't been able to get it to work and I've been trying for hours over the past several days. Reshade installs just fine but when I load it up, the RT shaders aren't loading in the reshade UI at all....

Help?

Nov 14, 2017
Anyone try this with Black Mesa?
Haven't been able to get it to work and I've been trying for hours over the past several days. Reshade installs just fine but when I load it up, the RT shaders aren't loading in the reshade UI at all....

Help?
Do you have access to and have downloaded the shaders? They're not part of Reshade normally. The author of the RT shader also has a suite of other effects that use common files between them (called QUINT), IIRC you'll need that installed too.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I've been messing around with Reshade for the first time ever and wanted to try using it with PPSSPP. Are DoF effects just not compatible? I seem to be able to get either the whole screen blurred, or no blur at all.

The reason this confuses me is that I've seen at least one person who was able to get it to work, here at 26 seconds:

Nov 14, 2017
I've been messing around with Reshade for the first time ever and wanted to try using it with PPSSPP. Are DoF effects just not compatible? I seem to be able to get either the whole screen blurred, or no blur at all.

The reason this confuses me is that I've seen at least one person who was able to get it to work, here at 26 seconds:

Anything like DoF, AO, RTGI etc... requires that the depth buffer settings be configured correctly for the game in question.

Nov 14, 2017
Are there any resources I can consult to figure out how to set that up? Or is that even feasible?
Not sure about the title/emulator specifically, but the Reshade forum has a fair few. The DisplayDepth shader is also a very helpful tool when testing settings. Here is an explanation for some of the features. Some titles you just might not be able to access the depth buffer (even if they're not online/using something like anti-cheat), but given there's a video of someone using DoF for your title it should just be a matter of configuring the settings.

Ravio-li

Dec 24, 2018
Reshade GI is really impressive - You have to pay for that currently, is that right?

By the way, is there some way to have GI / AO effects added with Reshade, that do not break fog effects and GUI or other 2d overlays? That's usually the reason why I end up not using MXAO. Maybe some detection that depth buffer dosen't match the image or something like that?

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure about the title/emulator specifically, but the Reshade forum has a fair few. The DisplayDepth shader is also a very helpful tool when testing settings. Here is an explanation for some of the features. Some titles you just might not be able to access the depth buffer (even if they're not online/using something like anti-cheat), but given there's a video of someone using DoF for your title it should just be a matter of configuring the settings.
Well, sort of. The emulator is the same but the game isn't.