• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, they are kinda weird:

hhhz2FV.jpg

That's freaking horrible.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
For funsies and shit, room comparisons with the original PS1 version. Some sensible changes here and there, but honestly pretty damned faithful:

Ma6wMir.jpg

T5TClj4.jpg

EIVs7LP.jpg

X89La5C.jpg

Those fugly ass button prompts on the door handles :(... I hope you can turn the HUD off completely like in 7..
You can, or at least I saw a HUD toggle in the options menu.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
OK I FINISHED THE DEMO AND THERE'S A TRAILER AT THE END THAT SHOWS.....

Tofu walking and Hunk at the sewers. Did anyone knew about this?

Sadly it took only 16 minutes to reach the end. So.... 30 minutes shot is not what I played.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Okay, played for a bit to get a feel for the controls and shot my first zombie and that is all i'm going to play. Now I'm waiting for the full release.

It looks great and plays great.

Playing on a PS4 Slim. Although I noticed the fan spins up a bit. Hopefully the full game doesnt do that, Im always nervous when a console does that, thinking it might explode or break.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
and I kinda like how fucking slowly you move, even when running.

That will make stuff interesting.

But man, I will take my sweet ass time playing this game, try to explore and read everything.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Game is a Goty contender, so smooth on Pro as well. It's feels like RE4 gameplay improved (no tank controls) with heavy emphasis on atmosphere.

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Yeah, they are kinda weird:

hhhz2FV.jpg
That does look mighty funky...

Not trying to start another "Puddlegate" here, but did this very issue show up during the public demos? I find it strange that it is being noticed here for the first time.
Either way, depending on how much support the game ends up getting in the future, I would guess it's likely that they smooth out some of the wrinkles through patching.

Plus, this is a demo, I doubt that it is representative of the final game in every single aspect, especially taking into account that we might still get those 30fps modes and whatnot.

Deleted member 1120

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not trying to start another "Puddlegate" here, but did this very issue show up during the public demos? I find it strange that it is being noticed here for the first time.
Either way, depending on how much support the game ends up getting in the future, I would guess it's likely that they smooth out some of the wrinkles through patching.

Plus, this is a demo, I doubt that it is representative of the final game in every single aspect, especially taking into account that we might still get those 30fps modes and whatnot.
From the footage I've seen of this game, the shitty reflections have always been there.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State

i remember them being bad in RE7 as well

thankfully you can turn them off on PC

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Now that I've actually played it I'm even more crazy excited.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
OK just finished demo on a burner PSN account. Impressions:

- The frame rate seemed rock solid as fuck. I can honestly see connecting my PS4 to my 27'' PC monitor and just playing this in 1080p/60 owing to how smooth it looked. Most of the environments are so dark anyway.

- I found that it was a lot easier to just pop a zombies knee off and skirt around it, they take way too many handgun shots to die. If the zombies do stay like that forever, then I can see this as a great way to save bullets.

- NOSTALGIA !!!!!

- The ending result screen has some funny messages on the sticky notes in case anyone reads them.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They were, this is a picture that I took from the E3 build:

nrb0X4b.png

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
finished it in 14 minutes lol. rushed through it like a mad man.

really fun but the timed demo shit is real dumb. just keep it short and let me take my time. the village demo of biohazard 4 is probably the greatest demo of all time, I played it legit 50 times before RE4 released.

overall it feels fantastic and i feel more than comfortable saying this is my most hyped game of the year

HOWEVER I do hate how fucking dark this game is. I know horror=dark and scary=dark but god damn I wanted to compare the environments from the original to this one and I could barely make anything out beyond leon's little shitty flashlight. the original RE games were super creepy and didn't need to be all dark like this... but whatever it was still fun.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was 30 minutes and you can go as far as you can in that time. But in 16 minutes I finished it.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
capcpom, plz, steam demo

Played it on PS4, failed to beat it in 30 mins, wanna see how it looks on my PC

krg

Oct 27, 2017
finished it in 14 minutes lol. rushed through it like a mad man.

really fun but the timed demo shit is real dumb. just keep it short and let me take my time. the village demo of biohazard 4 is probably the greatest demo of all time, I played it legit 50 times before RE4 released.

overall it feels fantastic and i feel more than comfortable saying this is my most hyped game of the year

HOWEVER I do hate how fucking dark this game is. I know horror=dark and scary=dark but god damn I wanted to compare the environments from the original to this one and I could barely make anything out beyond leon's little shitty flashlight. the original RE games were super creepy and didn't need to be all dark like this... but whatever it was still fun.
After the initial calibration on my LG 55B7P everything looked fine (HDR on).
I said I wouldn't download it but I'm so weak! I wanted to see how it runs on base PS4.
Got the Deluxe Edition pre-ordered on PC though and my Steam Link is ready.

It's like a completely different game and that's awesome 10/10 top quality stuff.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Not out on PC yet, so on some console

Ah I see, can't wait to try it out on PC and see what it's like on there, hopefully these issues won't be present.

Tbh it's not a game breaker either way, I still play the original resi games so it's not like graphics matter to me all that much lol.