ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you both. Any tips on the 14k steps?
before started anew, you should check how many steps you have in any of your lab saves. if you've done an S run there's a decent chance you were on pace for 14k steps at one point. i myself had a ~12k step S run save right before G3 so i loaded that up and took as few steps as possible from there to get the trophy.

Last edited:

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Is it true that...
The 3rd floor storage room door won't collapse from the C4 explosion if you're in the library when it goes off?

Jinroh

Oct 28, 2017
Lausanne, Switzerland
Nice, I reformatted windows and now I can't play the game anymore; the save is tied to regional settings, the windows version or something like that.

If they don't ever patch it I'm screwed. For such a high profile game support has been abyssal.

Ronin1138

Banned
Jan 10, 2019
As someone who's been playing re2 since 1998. It's really weird for me to see the tyrant blow up as a meme on the internet

Blunt

Oct 26, 2017
It is feasible but you will need to be very careful with your routing, to not waste time when dealing with Mr. X around the RPD and also the sewer section, which can eat quite a lot of time if you don't go directly to the objectives.

For G1, when the fight begins you can pretty much immediately start slashing him as he'll just be confused and not attack at first. When he starts changing animations, get away from him, throw a grenade and shoot the eye as much as you can until he falls to his knees, then you can start slashing him again. Repeat until dead. Knife strats are not so good on console but the knife will still deal a lot of damage and save you ammo.

Be careful to NOT use your infinite knife as a defensive item on him, because it will get stuck in his body and when he dies and leaves the area, your infinite knife will be gone for the entire playthrough.

Thanks for the advice !

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Annette is waaaaay better in this game than in the original. Pretty much everyone is. Just play Claire's story.

Thanks for the reply, looking forward to this segment with Claire.

Can you answer one more thing?

Her design and voice is top notch, but somehow sounded like she didn't ever cared to William.

And about the story inconsistencies, I just find odd the scene William got shot (from the VHS tape) . The agents group check his pulse and they said he is dead. Then after when we have a scene with Annette flashback, William is alive and then he uses G on himself. Annette is like "what you're done?" from faraway.

Didn't make much sense, he faked out his dead?

The game is amazing BTW!!!

Last edited:

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even complete No Way Out in Training Mode, I have no idea how you people are doing it on the normal difficulty, let alone with <60 handgun shots.

I thought I was alright at this game, but jesus

I always hit 60 in no way out on normal and then I get rekt. Tried training mode and got it on first try.

Too bad the achievement is attached to the normal mode, gonna give it another shot today

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
Beat Leon B so I thought I'd give these DLC episodes a shot. Good lord these are hard. I do like how each one adds it's own unique mechanic though

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I finished No Time to Mourn, I really enjoyed it. The initial bad reception regarding these modes was kind of a bummer but I loved it. It's not perfect but it's really good for being free.

Any tips for a Tofu run?

When you get to the West Office corridor make sure that Tyrant is still trailing behind you so he doesn't spawn at the top of the stairs.
Also you can't use your defensive knifes on stairs. :( Prioritize your knives on enemies you KNOW you can't get past - walk past the basement Licker.

That's all I can think of atm.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the reply, looking forward to this segment with Claire.

Can you answer one more thing?

Her design and voice is top notch, but somehow sounded like she didn't ever cared to William.

And about the story inconsistencies, I just find odd the scene William got shot (from the VHS tape) . The agents group check his pulse and they said he is dead. Then after when we have a scene with Annette flashback, William is alive and then he uses G on himself. Annette is like "what you're done?" from faraway.

Didn't make much sense, he faked out his dead?

The game is amazing BTW!!!

I actually don't remember them checking his pulse. I only remember them grabbing the virus and leaving. If they did check then that's definitely an error on their part lol.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
4511574ec57ff567fb6d395201ebe571.gif

117b44eab8ffe7d3664d5a4c8f6d9452.gif

200.gif

(Considering Outbreak, this might be canon-compliant.)

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What do you guys think of hardcore mode?

When I first started playing I picked Hardcore and I got so frustrated that a bite from a zombie sent you straight to critical health. I played the game this way for almost 2/3rds of it because I didn't fully read the document about r+g+b herbs and didnt figured out the benefits of mixing em all until late in my first playthrough. After that, Hardcore was much more enjoyable. I prefer Hardcore to Standard.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does Claire's second pistol have any use?

I've seen people mention that it's one of the best, if not the best, regular handguns in the game.

The reason being that it has 100% accuracy, which means that it's always doing max damage.

Apparently according to datamined stats, her regular gun (SLS 60) does about 100 damage with a normal shot and 150 with a focused shot. JMB on the other hand always does 150 damage per shot, it doesn't even have a focus reticle.

Couple that with the large capacity upgrade and yeah.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen people mention that it's one of the best, if not the best, regular handguns in the game.

The reason being that it has 100% accuracy, which means that it's always doing max damage.

Apparently according to datamined stats, her regular gun (SLS 60) does about 100 damage with a normal shot and 150 with a focused shot. JMB on the other hand always does 150 damage per shot, it doesn't even have a focus reticle.

Couple that with the large capacity upgrade and yeah.

Oh man I would love to see the full stats breakdown of all weapons

They figure out critical hit rates yet too?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Missing a shot needed in order to take down a backpack zombie and get the last weapon you'll need in No Way Out sucks. I finished with 61 handgun bullets shot T_T.

I think I'm going to wait until just before the next RE game comes out before attempting the Gunslinger record again.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Missing a shot needed in order to take down a backpack zombie and get the last weapon you'll need in No Way Out sucks. I finished with 61 handgun bullets shot T_T.

I think I'm going to wait until just before the next RE game comes out before attempting the Gunslinger record again.

Ahh that really sucks. I made sure to discard the gun at 60 bullets fired since you can track it under records. A trick I learned after like 3 hours of trying was letting the backpack zombies grab me, that way they dropped the backpack without me having to fire any bullets. With the defensive buff up, they barely do any dmg to you.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Was at the very end of Forgotten Soldier and I died ::directly:: in front of the cable car from a stray swipe from the G-adult.
God damnit that was frustrating. This is the only one of the 4 I've only beaten on assist mode. I never have any resources for the last stretch before the cable car.
I've been taking first aid spray from the first machine, then the grenade launcher and making acid rounds. Maybe there's a better strategy, I should watch a walkthrough

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
after not playing for over 4 weeks (thanks Coureplay-Mod for Farming Simulator) I did the rest of the lab today and beat Claire's 1st run:

BgVyRfu.jpg

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
So Zombies do take more damage in the head now?!

Well they take "full damage" to body and and head looks like from the chart

And Max damage is achieved by allowing your reticule to tighten. Cool mechanics but considering the numbers your performance is more affected by Zombie health (which is apparently fixed!) so recognizing what zombies in what locations have the highest health is important

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There are bosses in Leon run in the NEST area which are weak to the flamethrower? Because I want save shotgun ammunition the most I can.

Oct 27, 2017
After seeing a lot of negativity about The Ghost Survivors DLC I'm really loving it. They're brutally tough, as is Fourth Survivor, but I find it really helps give a much better understanding of how the main game should be played at a higher level. It really helps to expose players to strong strategies they can carry into their S+ rank runs and it focuses on the strength of the game by emphasising the need for item conservation, well-placed and considered shots, and using every item in your inventory. I also really like how it showcases the versatility of the weapons. They're very tough (even beating them) but it's very rewarding when you do and I think you really become a lot better at the game by playing the missions.

The only downside I have is although the music in Fourth Survivor carries the feeling of the mission and builds tension, the other missions don't really have an OST that does the same. I still have to beat Katherine's mission (focused on the other two since hers is supposedly the least difficult, and currently have made it to after the basketball court without issue), but I've really enjoyed this so far, especially for free. Mercenaries mode would be good, but this is a lot more in keeping with the game's design in my opinion.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After seeing a lot of negativity about The Ghost Survivors DLC I'm really loving it. They're brutally tough, as is Fourth Survivor, but I find it really helps give a much better understanding of how the main game should be played at a higher level. It really helps to expose players to strong strategies they can carry into their S+ rank runs and it focuses on the strength of the game by emphasising the need for item conservation, well-placed and considered shots, and using every item in your inventory. I also really like how it showcases the versatility of the weapons. They're very tough (even beating them) but it's very rewarding when you do and I think you really become a lot better at the game by playing the missions.

The only downside I have is although the music in Fourth Survivor carries the feeling of the mission and builds tension, the other missions don't really have an OST that does the same. I still have to beat Katherine's mission (focused on the other two since hers is supposedly the least difficult, and currently have made it to after the basketball court without issue), but I've really enjoyed this so far, especially for free. Mercenaries mode would be good, but this is a lot more in keeping with the game's design in my opinion.
i think when you reach the parking garage with katherine

your opinion of the music may change

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I finally came back and started Claire's second run and kinda assumed they would've shaken up her 2nd run.

Never played the original but I'm burning through the police station super fast because I already know how to figure out the puzzles from Leon's campaign lol.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I finally came back and started Claire's second run and kinda assumed they would've shaken up her 2nd run.

Never played the original but I'm burning through the police station super fast because I already know how to figure out the puzzles from Leon's campaign lol.
The 2nd run is one of the most disappointing of the remake. The A and B scenarios in the original were more different.