• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
I actually don't remember them checking his pulse. I only remember them grabbing the virus and leaving. If they did check then that's definitely an error on their part lol.

LOL I watched again, yes they check his pulse:

When I really get invested in a game story I nitpick plotholes.

Thank you for the reply =D

Which one, there are a lot of them already apparently lol:
yv1odtz.gif
4511574ec57ff567fb6d395201ebe571.gif

117b44eab8ffe7d3664d5a4c8f6d9452.gif

200.gif

(Considering Outbreak, this might be canon-compliant.)

That's why I love people!!! That's amazing!!!

Last edited:

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Man, the infinite SMG isn't quite the RE4 typewriter, but it's similar in some situations. It trivializes G1.

...but then I find out even this weapon doesn't kill G adults fast enough. I still haven't found a good method for getting through them in the sewers quickly enough with Leon. With Claire either grenade round type will stun them long enough for me to get around them (fire keeps then totally stun-locked), but Leon's magnum and shotgun both take too much time and too many shots.

i don't think any RE has had a better Infinite-ammo weapon reward than the RE4 Typewriter, imo.

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
Ok...getting out of the jail with leon on hardcore...best strategy? I just made it there and heartbreakingly died as I had nothing but shotgun ammo. I did have a flash but lost it due to a dog snagging me (I thought I had knife equipped)...

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
So, anyone else think the difficulty rankings on the ghost survivor's dlc feels incorrect? Katherine's is ranked at 2 stars which I read as easy but her's is by far the hardest with forgotten soldier being the easiest.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Ok...getting out of the jail with leon on hardcore...best strategy? I just made it there and heartbreakingly died as I had nothing but shotgun ammo. I did have a flash but lost it due to a dog snagging me (I thought I had knife equipped)...

After opening the other gate when Mr X appears, lure him back to the room you're in and dodge his attack, when you get to the end hallway prep the flash and walk through without getting scratched

So, anyone else think the difficulty rankings on the ghost survivor's dlc feels incorrect? Katherine's is ranked at 2 stars which I read as easy but her's is by far the hardest with forgotten soldier being the easiest.

Each mode is basically strategic encounter, whereas Kats "White" zombies are barriers you must spend critical ammo on, Soldier is about using ammo wisely to disable and not really kill. And Kendo is all about patience.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Zombie Dogs piss me off the most. So hard to shoot when they're close because they can easily get stuck at your feet or end up few pixels behind you. They were deadly in the original in terms of damage caused but quite easy to kill because you didn't have to aim that precisely.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know the answer to my questions plz :D
I can't imagine why aim assist would matter. Either way, it'd be an excuse to run through the game and find out :P

Each mode is basically strategic encounter, whereas Kats "White" zombies are barriers you must spend critical ammo on, Soldier is about using ammo wisely to disable and not really kill. And Kendo is all about patience.
I get that, but the difficulty ratings on the menu screen imply x or y is harder than z when for me it was the opposite. The supposed easy one was the hard one and the hard one was the easier of the group which is why I was asking if anyone else was feeling that their difficulty ratings seemed incorrect.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I only felt that Katherine and Kendo were mixed up. Forgotten Soldier was easily the hardest of the three for me.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I can't imagine why aim assist would matter. Either way, it'd be an excuse to run through the game and find out :P

Well this is just my opinion but I don't think anyone deserves the ''S+'' ranking for using aim assist. It's basically cheating.

Again, there's nothing wrong with cheating in a sinlgeplayer game when you just wanna enjoy the game, but don't ask for some skill medals.

The game is open to people who can't aim, that's totally fine, but that doesn't mean they can get away with cheating the rankings.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Katherine is the only mode I've played so far, and I didn't think it was that hard to be honest. When you figure out the best way to deal with each encounter, its pretty easy I felt. I'll have to give the other two a try to see how I feel about those difficulty wise.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
I only felt that Katherine and Kendo were mixed up. Forgotten Soldier was easily the hardest of the three for me.
really? Forgotten Soldier I did on my first try. When you get an option to pick up a new gun, grenade launcher is the only good option. You can make acid rounds which pretty much solves all your problems

Katherine is the only mode I've played so far, and I didn't think it was that hard to be honest. When you figure out the best way to deal with each encounter, its pretty easy I felt. I'll have to give the other two a try to see how I feel about those difficulty wise.
the more I think about it, one thing that made it more difficult right out the gate for me was the fact that she has no healing items at all.
until the very, very end anyway

You basically have to do a perfect run for Katherine.

Nov 9, 2017
Platinum done. Kept the 4th survivor for last.

What a fucking mode that was.

What a game. I haven't been this captivated by a game in a long time.

Now onto The Ghost Survivors!

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat Forgotten Soldier after choking so many times in the room before the cable car. Overall I liked the DLC and I think I prefer it over 4th survivor, and definitely over Tofu survivor. They're built for speedrunning if you want, but you can still take your time more. The item and enemy placement serve to set up combat puzzles that are fun to figure out, but sometimes frustrating to execute. Getting grabbed in a BIG crowd of zombies can be pretty disorienting in this game but you aren't really in that situation to this extent in the story scenarios. And every time I got damaged too early or misused a defense item I wished there was a restart option. I also think they're tuned to be surprisingly difficult. I wish No Way Out had you boarding up windows and blocking doors like Leon in RE4.

My completed times were -
No Time To Mourn 14:18
Runaway 8:56
Forgotten Soldier 6:05
No Way Out 15:24

It's a nice chunk of game and cool use of the existing map

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the final stretch of kendo in that tight corridor with a few plant zombies makes it harder than katherine i think. i got through that part by sheer luck.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Guys, Birkin (Stage 3) is kicking my ass so hard. What is the best way to approach this guy? I'm on Hardcore, have a Flamethrower, a shotgun, handgun, and a Magnum. There were times when I did okay, but things went to hell when he started tossing the canister or whatever it was at me.

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Guys, Birkin (Stage 3) is kicking my ass so hard. What is the best way to approach this guy? I'm on Hardcore, have a Flamethrower, a shotgun, handgun, and a Magnum. There were times when I did okay, but things went to hell when he started tossing the canister or whatever it was at me.
Use the handgun to pop the eyes the first time, then the shotgun the second time. Use the Magnum to hit his "heart" when it opens up.

When he goes to pick up a canister, popping the eye on his back will make him drop it. Barring that, you can just move to a spot where he doesn't have a shot on you (behind other canisters) since he tosses it with perfect aim.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
really? Forgotten Soldier I did on my first try. When you get an option to pick up a new gun, grenade launcher is the only good option. You can make acid rounds which pretty much solves all your problems

the more I think about it, one thing that made it more difficult right out the gate for me was the fact that she has no healing items at all.
until the very, very end anyway

You basically have to do a perfect run for Katherine.

It does seem very intimidating to begin with, but you do have the option to get a green herb early on to combine with the red one you start with. But honestly I went with the blue herb instead as getting damage protection helped me if I made any mistakes, and once you realise you can just knife the zombie in the park (stealthing the whole section so the Lickers don't bother you) it basically becomes all about the final run in the jail, as the rest is just a matter of easily dodging the zombies and shooting the super zombies in the chest if only to stun then. Worked fine for me anyway :)

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Use the handgun to pop the eyes the first time, then the shotgun the second time. Use the Magnum to hit his "heart" when it opens up.

When he goes to pick up a canister, popping the eye on his back will make him drop it. Barring that, you can just move to a spot where he doesn't have a shot on you (behind other canisters) since he tosses it with perfect aim.

Thank you. Is there a consistent way to dodge his close strikes? Usually a single hit puts me in danger.

thefragrance

Avenger
Dec 18, 2017

Where can we get them?

It has three phases. Burning it with the flame thrower makes it easier to shoot the eyes out with less handgun bullets. Knife the exposed chest the first two times and leave all the magnum/shotgun ammo for the third phase when the chest is permanently open. You can also knife him while it lifts either of the two big nitrogen tanks or w/e.

Thank you. Is there a consistent way to dodge his close strikes? Usually a single hit puts me in danger.

This works better on g1, but pretending to aim near it for half a second triggers the attacks. Do this while it chases you to get more distance and shoot while it recovers.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Completed my first S run with a whopping 6 seconds left on the counter.

I was clenching my buttcheeks like crazy during those last ten minutes.

Innuendo84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That part when tyrant starts following you up to when you leave the police station is so annoying. Omg I can't loot the station in peace.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
save/shoot the eye on his back when he starts lifting the huge canisters. Alternatively, you can just hide behind any wall and they won't hit you

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Did my last infinite SMG run. Now I think I generally have my routes down for hardcore S+ (I didn't want to read any guides or anything). It's just gonna be a matter of having enough handgun and shotgun ammo.

I feel like my biggest challenges are still gonna be the G monsters and G2. With G monsters fire works to stun lock the mas Claire but as Leon I have to find different ways to get them in an animation long enough to run past them. I find you can wait for them to do this slam attack thing, hit them enough to critically injure them, or have a defense item to use on them. I think I'll have less trouble with G2 if I can at least have a couple flash grenades saved up for that fight.

Odd thing -- I still don't like giving up any of the high-quality gun powder or large gun powder.

Oh, and earlier in the thread somebody noted that if you use the infinite knife to get out of a boss grapple and then beat that boss, you can lose it forever. I just tried this on G1 and even the infinite knife reappears after the fight.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
the final stretch of kendo in that tight corridor with a few plant zombies makes it harder than katherine i think. i got through that part by sheer luck.

I found that part pretty easy once I knew it was coming, I just Magnum'd a few zombies in the front and then used a grenade and ran through. The rest of that campaign is hard but I definitely think Katherine's in harder.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
It's not so bad.....until you try to do the 60 HG bullets or less challenge. Jesus this is frustrating.

I don't see how you could rely on the handgun past 60 shots. The thing is a waste of inventory space around the same time you'd hit 60 shots and discard it. If you hit 60 shots on your handgun in the wave of zombies #24-30 and haven't used any other weapon then you're fine to discard it because you won't want to keep it anyway.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
I don't see how you could rely on the handgun past 60 shots. The thing is a waste of inventory space around the same time you'd hit 60 shots and discard it. If you hit 60 shots on your handgun in the wave of zombies #24-30 and haven't used any other weapon then you're fine to discard it because you won't want to keep it anyway.

The problem is that there is barely enough other ammo as it is so it's best to try to setup bombs in strategic positions and take out multiple targets but doing this can be tricky because space is very tight and it's easy to rack up damage trying to set things up.

OP
OP
Kindekuma

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda bummed that Pale Zombies aren't in the main campaign. They look rad as hell.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
The problem is that there is barely enough other ammo as it is so it's best to try to setup bombs in strategic positions and take out multiple targets but doing this can be tricky because space is very tight and it's easy to rack up damage trying to set things up.

There is PLENTY of ammo. Once you get that first Flamethrower then you're set. After that point you get

a second Sparkshot
a 2 shot Rocket Launcher
a second submachine gun
a upgraded shotgun
a second flamethrower
a third submachine gun
a third sparkshot

the only fuel canisters that matter are the ones that show up before you get the Flamethrower from Zombie 41.

Zombie 10 canister - use it to kill zombies 11, 12, 13, and 14. Easy to set up, make the zombie drop it in the front of the store between the two shelves, run down the center aisle and fire.

Zombie 16 canister - kill zombie 15 with the handgun, make zombie 16 drop his canister near the same spot as before, try to kill Zombies 17, 18, 19, and 20.

Zombie 31 canister - press against the door to cause him to bust in lunging to get him positioned near front of the store again, sparkshot him to make him drop the canister, wait until most of the zombies get really close, use your flashbang grenade.

If you are lucky this explosion can kill zombies 32 through 38, but most likely will kill 32 to 37.

Zombie 39 canister. Just let the pale head zombie walk right near it and blow them both up.

Now you have your first flamethrower and things start to snowball and its just a matter of tapping the flamethrower instead of holding and letting the Fire damage over time effect work for you. Use Sparkshots on the pale heads and armored zombies with helmets, aim the rocket launcher at your feet if you get swarmed to AOE everything around you, use the shot gun to headshot other zombies, and SET EVERYTHING ON FIRE and the submachine gun on normal/poisoned zombies or dump most of it into a pale head to kill them.

I beat No Way Out, with Gunslinger and I can't beat any of the others on Normal. Hell it took me 3 tries to beat No Time to Mourn, with Infinite Ammo.

will0wis

Nov 1, 2017
Brazil
HA, finally did No Way Out + Gunslinger. I didn't even want to try finishing it without going for the Gunslinger record, so I had to try quite a few times and was almost giving up, but things worked out in the end. I ended up with 2 extra shotgun shots, around 15 SMG ammo and a freshly looted Spark Shot that the last zombie dropped for me lol. You do need to be a bit lucky with the waves. Sometimes only some zombies come in and others get stuck outside, so you have a bit more time to deal with the ones that are already there. Sometimes a wave that's supposed to come in at the same time as another comes a little early or a little late and that can help too.

A few tips from what I learned while trying this out:
- At the beginning it's best to stand still as much as possible to kill the zombies in less shots;
- When the armored zombies start coming in is probably the best moment to start moving a lot around the room to get them to convenient places (preferably close to canisters) and also to prevent damage;
- It's better to take a bite or two than to use the flash grenades early, as they can really save you in later waves;
- If you're poisoned and there are poison zombies remaining, it's better to not cure yourself right away; use it to your advantage and kill the other poison zombies up close with the shotgun as the poison clouds won't affect you anymore;
- Kinda obvious but be economic with healing items and try to use only RGB herb mixes as they make you immune to poison and halve all damage taken for 2 minutes;
- Only use the rocket launcher when completely surrounded and without any possibility of getting away; if there's a big group of enemies but you're not surrounded, it's a great time to use the flamethrower on them.

Now I'm gonna go back to the scenarios and murder everything with infinite ammo. Gotta find those Mr. Raccoon statues!

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
So I just started the game and am playing as Leon, and I'm doing the first boss fight in the second area (the thing with the eyeball shoulder), and I have not been doing great and went into the fight with literally 3 shotgun shots a grenade and a flashbang, and that's it.

I pick up all the handgun ammo and can't kill it with the handgun, shotgun, or the sub weapons, am I screwed?

Should I restart my play through and try not to waste as much ammo, or is there a way to get more ammo during the boss fight??

Thanks

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Beat it again tonight. Here are my results from my first attempt at an S ranking.

Holy crap. That was close.

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
So I just started the game and am playing as Leon, and I'm doing the first boss fight in the second area (the thing with the eyeball shoulder), and I have not been doing great and went into the fight with literally 3 shotgun shots a grenade and a flashbang, and that's it.

I pick up all the handgun ammo and can't kill it with the handgun, shotgun, or the sub weapons, am I screwed?

Should I restart my play through and try not to waste as much ammo, or is there a way to get more ammo during the boss fight??

Thanks
That ammo count is really bad. You should have at least a dozen shotgun shells and a shitload of handgun ammo. However, if you're playing on PC with high fps (around 120), you can just knife him to death. Otherwise, you'll have to restart.

Before restarting, you can try to knife him when he's just holding his head at the start till he grabs you. Then try to pump him full of lead. If that doesn't work then restart and conserve ammo. Running away or breaking zombie legs is always better than trying to kill them.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
That ammo count is really bad. You should have at least a dozen shotgun shells and a shitload of handgun ammo. However, if you're playing on PC with high fps (around 120), you can just knife him to death. Otherwise, you'll have to restart.

Before restarting, you can try to knife him when he's just holding his head at the start till he grabs you. Then try to pump him full of lead. If that doesn't work then restart and conserve ammo. Running away or breaking zombie legs is always better than trying to kill them.

I wasted a bunch on the first wall crawling dude, I probably missed a few shots on him too. Also on getting the detonator because I think I got 4 zombies over there that followed me around.

I was able to skip the second one by moving the cabinet and killing the zombie in the room Before taking medal 3, but it didn't seem to help.

I don't have a knife becaue I wasted them when grabbed, probably would have been better off just taking the hit.

I'm prob gonna restart my file tomorrow, especially since I have a better idea of where to go. That being said, what's a good strategy for using the window barricade planks?

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
I wasted a bunch on the first wall crawling dude, I probably missed a few shots on him too. Also on getting the detonator because I think I got 4 zombies over there that followed me around.

I was able to skip the second one by moving the cabinet and killing the zombie in the room Before taking medal 3, but it didn't seem to help.

I don't have a knife becaue I wasted them when grabbed, probably would have been better off just taking the hit.

I'm prob gonna restart my file tomorrow, especially since I have a better idea of where to go. That being said, what's a good strategy for using the window barricade planks?
Are you talking about the Licker in front of the STARS office? Lickers are blind so as long as you don't shoot or run, they can't attack you. You can basically walk past all lickers in this game. Just don't touch them.

As for the licker in the library, once you set the detonator, go out the door and keep it open. That way the shelf will not fall on detonation. After that, grab the medallion and once the licker drops, throw a flashbang in his face and run out the door back to the library.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
I'm fighting the boss at the Nest. And boy, I'm short on ammo. Cannot beat that monster. I guess I need to aim better. If it's still that bad, I'll go to earlier file and try to save time shotgun ( I think I have 8 ) and blowtorch ( just 10 ). Handgun doesn't seem efficient.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Before getting the chain cutter I would board up all the west side.

This is still one of my big problems -- having enough boards to do that by the first time I go through that hallway. On A scenario I'll usually only have one at that time, which means the 2nd time I go through I'm dealing with a bunch of zombies, a licker, and potentially also DMX.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Already one of my favorite games ever. A real classic.

There aren't enough words to describe to how close this game is to being "perfect".

My complaints are rather minor.

It's like a dream come true.

My main complaint is this game needs more/better music, more story/cutscenes, and maybe a little less of the quipping and this would be perfection.

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
This is still one of my big problems -- having enough boards to do that by the first time I go through that hallway.
You can visit there before getting the cutter and no zombies will come out. There's a board on the third floor and one near the art room.

Boarding up the place was essential for my knife run lol.