Radamammuth

Dec 8, 2017
So I'm having a blast on normal difficulty. Hardcore zombies are just too much, there is no sure way to avoid them.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Who is playing on the assisted (easiest) difficulty? I'm thinking of starting the game with the assisted so what is your take?

I'm playing on it.

Even on this mode, you can still get overwhelmed and hurt. I've been at caution several times and danger once. Licker's still take a bit to die with the Shotgun.

I'm enjoying myself though.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Up to the
sewers
at the end of my first play session.

Debating about restarting or not...

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Man, I just suck at RE games. I'm playing on normal, and I don't have enough wood to barricade the windows, so it's just endless zombies in corridors. I can't waste ammo, and I can't dodge these fuckers in the narrow hallways. I've already restarted from a save, and here I am again, low on ammo with endless zombies coming through the open windows.

rouken

Oct 27, 2017
Philippines
uMTTyO9_d.jpg

game feels great. but this is really much harder than the original. standard is kicking my ass.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So many combination locks around the place, yet no clues as to where the codes are lol.

Love it.

Also have no idea where another keypad is for the armoury, feels too tense wondering around the place. I haven't got the balls to go back to the left hand side of the police station after the initial opening sequence.

Such a scardie cat.

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Shit, I was going to try Hardcore, starting to think twice now....
I'm about three hours into hardcore. I've died several times, but I haven't lost a ton of progress yet. I would definitely say it's a fuck you/nightmare mode more than it is a straight hard mode. It's been manageble, but it's tough, dude. I think I might back down from it. It sounds like I should be on normal and the people struggling on normal should probably be on assisted.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Stalled too long on placing barricades and paid the price on that but I cleared the hallway and rectified the situation.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
I said it in the other thread but Mr. X IS GREAT.

if you lose sight of him he will leave. He was in the library on the stairs.. I ran went down the ladder hid behind the bookcase and he left the room allowing me to do something in that room.

Aso he's
not around that long really at least in A

chechi

Dec 3, 2018
- There isn't enough music in the game, espeically in places that warrant it. I've heard the main hall theme and the save room theme exactly once, each time. Why not more? It's not even motifs fading in and out; the majority of the time is spent hearing no music whatsover, unless a zombie appears and it wants to ramp up the tension. Not really a fan of this design decision, especially when the original was so unusually sophisticated for its time.

Have to agree, only displeasing experience so far for me. Even checked my headphones twice for sound-problems, because I thought there HAD to be music
in certain situations. Strange choices were made...

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Just so everyone knows, this will be my first ever Resident Evil. I woke up super early this morning and played the opening bits, I decided to start out as Claire as I know even less about her since the demo was only Leon. Let me ask this, without spoiling, how much does the story change based on the character you initially pick?

Nov 19, 2017
*not a console war question*

I played the demo on the One X. It looked great but it was noticeably soft on a large image (projector). I've read on certain reviews that the PS4 pro may not be using whatever graphical treatment causes the softness in the X version.

Can anyone confirm this? I own both so I really just want the best experience for the console versions. Thanks.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
No way.

Mr. X is super annoying and you have to run away pretty much all the time (even bevore you encounter him). It's starts strong but now...Mr.X keeps ruining it.

I was worried about this. Does he give you any breathing room or is it a constant chase? That would probably annoy me too. At least in the original he would back off for awhile.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was playing last night and right as the chopper crashed the power went out. I'm playing on hardcore and the last time I saved was when I reached the second typewriter. Shit.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017

I played the demo on the One X. It looked great but it was noticeably soft on a large image (projector). I've read on certain reviews that the PS4 pro may not be using whatever graphical treatment causes the softness in the X version.

Can anyone confirm this? I own both so I really just want the best experience for the console versions. Thanks.

As was with the demo, Xbox version is still the softer of the two.

Voodoowoolf

Oct 31, 2017
I'm playing on hardcore, started with Claire and used Chris's Samurai Edge pistol. 3-5 focused headshots and zombies die for me. People are saying it takes 10-15 shots? nah

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017

the X had more details , but weirdly it was a bit softer than the pro. That should be fixed in the upcoming patches. However, you can't go wrong with either one. I got the X version (I also have the pro)

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
No way.

Mr. X is super annoying and you have to run away pretty much all the time (even bevore you encounter him). It's starts strong but now...Mr.X keeps ruining it.

How far does one typically need to run to shake him, and does he perpetually stay on the map, or technically disappear until a semi-scripted occurrence later on after a set duration of time/progress?

AVtechNICK

Dec 13, 2017
Can't believe that I'm saying this, but I'm seriously lost in this game. I just reached the
S.T.A.R.S. office and took the battery from Wesker's desk, what should I do next?
Help?

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How far does one typically need to run to shake him, and does he perpetually stay on the map, or technically disappear until a semi-scripted occurrence later on after a set duration of time/progress?
there were 2 rooms he didn't bother me, otherwise he was on my ass the whole time. and the rooms he didn't go in, he was basically tap dancing outside of it.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I'm playing on hardcore, started with Claire and used Chris's Samurai Edge pistol. 3-5 focused headshots and zombies die for me. People are saying it takes 10-15 shots? nah

Hmm... Maybe the Samurai Edge is enough to make normal viable for me over assisted..? Decisions, decisions...

Also, any advice in barricading windows?

Neoshockwave

Oct 28, 2017
Can't believe that I'm saying this, but I'm seriously lost in this game. I just reached the
S.T.A.R.S. office and took the battery from Wesker's desk, what should I do next?
Help?

Have you gotten the C4?

You combine the battery with it and use it in the room on the third floor of the library to get one of the medallions.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have to strategically decide where to place barricades? Any advice on those?

Places you know you will have to revisit when you have new keys. The most important one for me was
the western corridor on the ground floor. There's a room there you won't get the key for until quite late on and a LOT of zombies will come in through these windows if unboarded... a LOT.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Have to agree, only displeasing experience so far for me. Even checked my headphones twice for sound-problems, because I thought there HAD to be music
in certain situations. Strange choices were made...
should I pick the dlc for the original music????

Voodoowoolf

Oct 31, 2017
Hmm... Maybe the Samurai Edge is enough to make normal viable for me over assisted..? Decisions, decisions...

Also, any advice in barricading windows?
I'm only an hour in at the min, every time I find some wood I just find the nearest window and board it up. The Samurai edge has made hardcore viable for me. Normal should be cool for you.

TMC

Oct 27, 2017
Do the Samurai Edge weapons you receive from pre-ordering have infinite ammo? Also, are they available from the start?

I read on Steam that this gun can actually help with Hardcore mode as you go from full health to 'Caution' rather than 'Danger' when this is equipped.

Voodoowoolf

Oct 31, 2017
Do the Samurai Edge weapons you receive from pre-ordering have infinite ammo? Also, are they available from the start?

I read on Steam that this gun can actually help with Hardcore mode as you go from full health to 'Caution' rather than 'Danger' when this is equipped.

the SE is not infinite. Also that's true, when I first started with the pea shooter (Claires gun) and you meet the first zombie I went down to red after one bite, with the SE equipped I go to caution with one bite.

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Heart shaped key not in the game when you play as Leon? i pretty much explored the entire station and i'm already in the sewers so i'm guessing i'll find it when i'll play with Claire?