Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The layout of the RPD is still very good for me. It really improves on RE1 by being more logical for the player while limiting backtracking to a minimum.

That was always my thing. I still feel to this day it doesn't make much sense. Like I know it was a art museum prior. But it's just really odd compared to the Spencer mansion. Though I guess another aspect might be you technically needed to beat it 4 times to see it all.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat Claire A for the first time. Got a B and a 4:30 clear time, which sad to say, is a massive improvement on the last time I played the game and got like an E or something. Game is even better than I remembered it honestly, it's paced so so well. The back half especially improved, and while not as good as the RPD imo, is pretty dope in how much stuff it throws at you. The first half is all measured survival stuff and lonely atmospherics and then as soon as you go to the sewers the game goes all "You get a BOW! You get a BOW! Everyone gets a BOW!" With boss fights left and right. Good stuff. Gonna move on to Leon B shortly.

The layout of the RPD is still very good for me. It really improves on RE1 by being more logical for the player while limiting backtracking to a minimum.

I really like the RPD layout but I wouldn't say it's an improvement over the mansion exactly. I think backtracking is pretty key for a survival horror game because that increases the tension and importance of knowing the map and where enemies and items are. But the more streamlined RPD map makes RE2 have that sublime pacing where you get some of that spencer mansion goodness but it's never as opressive as you're constantly breezing to new awesome setpieces along the way.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
I just prefer how 0 is more of an adventure.
RE2 i'm not a fan of the layouts and the scenarios. Which is why i'm excited for the remake only having two campaigns.
As for CVX. I just never liked that game. The story is good. But the everything else is rough in that game. It's a downgrade from RE3 in most regards.
I will say looking back on RE0 with time has improved my feelings on it. It's not a bad game for having to come in as a prequel. Just that damn item system kills my ability to want to replay it (although it's on the list for replaying here pretty soon. Currently on RE7 again collecting statues and stuff).
Just beat Claire A for the first time. Got a B and a 4:30 clear time, which sad to say, is a massive improvement on the last time I played the game and got like an E or something. Game is even better than I remembered it honestly, it's paced so so well. The back half especially improved, and while not as good as the RPD imo, is pretty dope in how much stuff it throws at you. The first half is all measured survival stuff and lonely atmospherics and then as soon as you go to the sewers the game goes all "You get a BOW! You get a BOW! Everyone gets a BOW!" With boss fights left and right. Good stuff. Gonna move on to Leon B shortly.
It really is. I think this was one of the first, bigger cinematic games where I can remember really paying attention to how well paced it was. I didn't feel there was a wasted area.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ready for the remake.

Got extremely lucky though, I was in red-caution before the Ada heal and the Birkin fight where I got cornered for a moment.

OjdMFzE.jpg

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing the REmake on the PS4 and I hope we can get grenades in this game to shove into the mouths of zombies.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Canon wad always mix of all 4 scenarios, but Claire A/ Leon B is closer to canon than Leon A/Claire B.

Yes. Sherry never gets infected in Leon A so for the canon of the franchise, Claire A makes the most sense.

Though for the remake they'll be dropping the A/B and both scenarios will cover most plot points.

Scoops

Oct 27, 2017
With what we've seen of the gore in the remake, imagine what it's going to look like when you shoot that gas tank.

Yes. Sherry never gets infected in Leon A so for the canon of the franchise, Claire A makes the most sense.

Though for the remake they'll be dropping the A/B and both scenarios will cover most plot points.

One thing I really hope keep from Leon A is Ada's "death" scene. Compared to Leon B it just comes off as more tragic and emotionally charged than her death in that scenario.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2018
That was always my thing. I still feel to this day it doesn't make much sense. Like I know it was a art museum prior. But it's just really odd compared to the Spencer mansion. Though I guess another aspect might be you technically needed to beat it 4 times to see it all.

I think issue is less the general layout (which has some odd corridor routes) & overall style, but the lack of police-station themed rooms & puzzles.

The large office on the ground floor if the east wing feels quite unique as a room in the series due to its size, multiple sub-areas and high zombie count, and the kind of thing that the title could have with with a few more of.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I really wonder how the reworked campaigns are going to function. In the original, the B scenarios weren't just side-stories, they continued on longer and contained the true endings, with the A runs ending early. Since they wanted you to be able to play as Leon or Claire from the start, that meant 4 scenarios. How will 2 campaigns that you can choose from even work in that way? Maybe they'll rewrite things so that the final part of the game has then teaming up using the CPU? So the main final boss battles are the same in both campaigns?

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
I really wonder how the reworked campaigns are going to function. In the original, the B scenarios weren't just side-stories, they continued on longer and contained the true endings, with the A runs ending early. Since they wanted you to be able to play as Leon or Claire from the start, that meant 4 scenarios. How will 2 campaigns that you can choose from even work in that way? Maybe they'll rewrite things so that the final part of the game has then teaming up using the CPU? So the main final boss battles are the same in both campaigns?
They'll probably rewrite things, but making Clair default to A and Leon to B will work fine too.

ChristopherDX

Banned
May 8, 2018
They really should just go full into RE3 while this team is together...

After that it's just code Veronica that needs a polish.

ChristopherDX

Banned
May 8, 2018
Also 0 was a good game but a trash story...

Before the mansion incident you explore...a fucking mansion couldn't they have come up with anything better?

I would have loved running in the Arklay forest or more involvement with the Bravo team. Totally wasted potential.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this looks so good RE4 was the first Resident Evil game I ever got into, the remake looks amazing and glad I get to experience the second this way.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah. Helicopter hit the crows corridor, not Irons's office.

I wonder if the Helipad will still be there. Also this means that Mr.X probably isn't going to appear on this area anymore.

Maybe going through the crow corridor to the helipad will change to allow to escape the RPD and into the city ? IF the game gives out new areas like the church we saw in the trailer.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

I hope starting Claire's game is not a simple pallette swap with Leon for all the same scenarios.

I think this is what they might already be doing but I want both characters's campaigns to be separate in terms of how they start, reach the RPD etc. Like the whole game is now Leon A Claire B minus the zapping etc (and with both characters encountering the key plot points from RE2).

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
I wonder if the Helipad will still be there. Also this means that Mr.X probably isn't going to appear on this area anymore.

Maybe going through the crow corridor to the helipad will change to allow to escape the RPD and into the city ? IF the game gives out new areas like the church we saw in the trailer.
Hmm that's actually an interesting idea. Would be nice change in compare with the original.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
I hope starting Claire's game is not a simple pallette swap with Leon for all the same scenarios.

I think this is what they might already be doing but I want both characters's campaigns to be separate in terms of how they start, reach the RPD etc. Like the whole game is now Leon A Claire B minus the zapping etc (and with both characters encountering the key plot points from RE2).
Both campaigns are completelly diffferent, unique.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
That's what I thought and I'm glad they're expanding on it.

I'm just as interested in seeing the back alleys of Raccoon being expanded as the front area before RPD like the new Gas Station area etc.
Well it's save to say, based on demo that Claire will spend a lot more time on the streets than Leon. I mean Leon is exploring RPD for good 30-45 minutes before even Claire reaches the station. I wouldn't be suprised if that church like area from trailer was exclusive area for Claire, that will be explored before RPD in her campaign.

Jan 11, 2018
That's because her Revelations 2 outfit was inspirated by her RE2 concept art. So since they now used that outfit in RE2make both outfit looks very similar.

Yeah. But I was actually thinking more about the fact that Claire is now wearing proper jeans which just looks so much better on her. Her Rev2 face model might look a bit wonky in certain angles, but in terms of the look they were going for I think it's the best one she's ever had, so I'm glad they're also basing the RE2R outfit on the same concept art even if it's not 100% identical to what they came up with for Rev2 (and it shouldn't be).

RE0 doesn't exist after the train

Agreed.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah RE2 and CV are commonly referred as the two best ones I think. RE3 fans comes from another planet, RE0 fans took the magic elevator

Resident Evil Survivor fans are the great sages of our world