• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
is there any non-commentary footage

www.youtube.com

【4K】『バイオハザード RE:3』プレイムービー(編集部解説版)/BIOHAZARD RE:3 play movie

2020年4月3日に発売される『バイオハザード RE:3』。そのプレイムービーを編集部解説版でお届けいたします。■電撃オンラインの先行レビュー記事はこちらからhttps://dengekionline.com/articles/27352/■『バイオハザード RE:3』の購入はコチラから(CERO D版)http...

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The story of how one man was so horny for Ada it lead to the destruction of like half the world.

images

Oct 26, 2017
No live selections, hm. But what if we can decide on our own without actually selecting stuff from a list? Like for exmaple if they (hopefully!) keep the iconic scene with Nemesis in front of the RPD. Instead of freezing the game and letting us choose via live selection if Jill should fight or run into the police station, we can do that on our own? Either stay outside, fight him or just run into the building. They could do the same for the other live selections as well. Well, maybe not for all of them. I can think of a couple where they would need prompts and stuff.

You could already do that couldn't you? If you chose to fight, you can just run into the building manually. That first one didn't really have a purpose except to give you a warning and an automatic escape.

Last edited:

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly given the frequency of outbreaks it's a miracle the world of RE never collapsed like in the movies. Like, that one scene in RE6 is worse than anything in raccoon city. Hell, there's not one but multiple instances of giant creatures in the sea and you telling me that they didn't affect the water in anyway?

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly given the frequency of outbreaks it's a miracle the world of RE never collapsed like in the movies. Like, that one scene in RE6 is worse than anything in raccoon city. Hell, there's not one but multiple instances of giant creatures in the sea and you telling me that they didn't affect the water in anyway?
Thats so true, lol. Racoon is a minor incident at this point and even then they nuked the whole city just to make sure.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand

Thank B.S.A.A For that.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Thank B.S.A.A For that.
Thank Chris. The B.S.A.A. agents down there didn't do anything BUT get infected and/or get killed by infected. TBH I thought they were going full RE world apocalypse. I can't even define how infection appears to work because Leon canonically takes damage for a decent period from all these infected spike things, using his body to shield Ada, yet, somehow he fine.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
I can't even define how infection appears to work because Leon canonically takes damage for a decent period from all these infected spike things, using his body to shield Ada, yet, somehow he fine.
I think we can assume that both Leon and Helena are somehow immune to the c-virus. Otherwise they both would be already dead back in the Tall Oaks since the virus spreads by air.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017

Oh that is a bummer:
https://www.polygon.com/2020/1/10/21060088/resident-evil-3-remake-changes-mercenaries-endings-carlos

Also thought this was interesting:
https://comicbook.com/gaming/2020/02/28/resident-evil-3-remake-ps4-xbox-pc-capcom-choices-endings/

I'll be honest, I'm largely indifferent to them removing Live Selections and multiple endings as the multiple endings weren't particularly exciting and finding out that Live Selection was the byproduct of a rushed dev cycle is unsurprising to me. The lack of Mercenaries on the other hand is definitely a bummer. I'm now curious if there will be anything beyond the campaign and Resistance in this game and if there will be any post release add-on content? They probably want to drive people who are done with the campaign to Resistance so I could see there not being anything else beyond the campaign and Resistance.
Resistance looks so bad, and compared to what co-op Mercs could've been the disappointment is even bigger.

From what I played it seemed fine but I don't think it has long legs and Capcom is totally not reading the room with Resistance. The sort of multiplayer RE fans want are co-op Mercs mode, a co-op Raid mode, an RE5 style co-op campaign, an RE Outbreak style co-op campaign and that's pretty much it with maybe something like the Monster vs Agent mode from RE6 being the only semi-PVP mode most RE fans would be interested in. Also unless Capcom takes the ultra supportive Ubisoft approach with Resistance it's going to die pretty quickly no matter the quality of it.

Last edited:

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Wow, first time in two weeks that we haven't had a tweet from them. It usually at this time of the day.
( I think I might be obsessed.)

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Code Veronica needs it IMO.

So far we've had great games remade to be great modern games. Imagine a game that was absolute garbage in its day being made great now. It'd be a like a new game.
This. It can use a facelift and would benefit greatly from a remake treatment. Then they can move on to other IPs. RE4 is good for at least 5-10 years before considering being remade even though I think it's perfection that shouldn't be touched in a very long time.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This. It can use a facelift and would benefit greatly from a remake treatment. Then they can move on to other IPs. RE4 is good for at least 5-10 years before considering being remade.
I can get behind that. A Veronica game is the modern style would have a lot of potential if the writing team can get it together compared to what we got in RE7 and REmake2. Those games had some great character moments, but the overall bits didn't pay off as well as in comparison. Plus the files have been atrocious and felt more like afterthoughts than world building tools or well done extensions of the game's events.

RE4 is hard to imagine being reworked. It could be done. I'd love the modern gameplay as of REmak3 with even the counter brought back, and modern Plagas with that body damage system (as well as Regenerators) would be terrifying.

But...I feel like it would be played a lot more straight this time. And while I'd appreciate that approach, with that stuff made a bit more creepy and down to earth than the OTT John Woo action, I'm just not ready to let go of that level of nonsense yet.

Last edited:

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Would rather them attempt at the scrapped versions of RE4 and to a lesser extent RE5 as opposed to full blown remakes. The scrapped RE5 sounds much better than what we got imo.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
I have a soft spot for CVX but it desperately could do with the remake treatment next. Plus seeing Wesker in the RE Engine in all his glory? Sign me the fuck up.

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
The lack of Mercenaries on the other hand is definitely a bummer. I'm now curious if there will be anything beyond the campaign and Resistance in this game and if there will be any post release add-on content? They probably want to drive people who are done with the campaign to Resistance so I could see there not being anything else beyond the campaign and Resistance.

From what I played it seemed fine but I don't think it has long legs and Capcom is totally not reading the room with Resistance. The sort of multiplayer RE fans want are co-op Mercs mode, a co-op Raid mode, an RE5 style co-op campaign, an RE Outbreak style co-op campaign and that's pretty much it with maybe something like the Monster vs Agent mode from RE6 being the only semi-PVP mode most RE fans would be interested in. Also unless Capcom takes the ultra supportive Ubisoft approach with Resistance it's going to die pretty quickly no matter the quality of it.
Wholeheartedly agree, I'd take outbreak over resistance any day. Reading that one article actually does have me worried in the same way. They seem to be hyping up Resistance to be the supported game post release, as well as mentioning to play Resistance for the replay value. Really hope RE3 can decently stand on its own.

I would have much rather had an Outbreak like MP mode over this 4 vs 1 stuff.
So much this. Got hyped when I first saw the trailer since it clearly looked like outbreak was finally being rebooted. Super disappointed after seeing the gameplay. After playing the beta, it's fine but i don't see myself playing it much like 3 months after it releases. It just doesn't seem to have those kind of legs and the devs acknowledged that in the interview with famitsu.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a soft spot for CVX but it desperately could do with the remake treatment next. Plus seeing Wesker in the RE Engine in all his glory? Sign me the fuck up.

Given the popularity of RE2's remake, Code Veronica getting remade makes a lot of sense since it's another Claire game. Plus it's the game they can improve the most, given its age and how tired the formula had gotten by the time it came out.

Besides, I'm not even sure any of the other mainline games need remaking.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
CVX is an actual good game. If any classic RE should get a remake, it's RE0. That game could have been so much better. There's multiple ways to go about it too. It can be coop or there can be separate Rebecca and Billy campaigns. The story can also tie into RE1 more, it also has potential to have the creepiest setting in the entire series of done right.

Oct 25, 2017
Got it on GMG, had an extra discount for being a long time user or something like that. Couldn't resist.

Only thing I was gonna buy day one this year was Elden Ring, but you win again, Capcom. Seems like I just can't resist you.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank Chris. The B.S.A.A. agents down there didn't do anything BUT get infected and/or get killed by infected. TBH I thought they were going full RE world apocalypse. I can't even define how infection appears to work because Leon canonically takes damage for a decent period from all these infected spike things, using his body to shield Ada, yet, somehow he fine.
Theres actually a pretty large percentage of people naturally immune to the T Virus, like, what was it, 60-70 percent? I remember it being huge, but anybody immune still ended up just eaten anyway. Jillis also canonically now immune to it.

In RE4/5/ad some of 6's caes, those arent viruses. They're parasites whose eggs or larva have to be implanted afaik.

Idk how the C virus works, and G only infected like a few people anyway.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's no Julia Voth REmake model. We'll never top that

But that's the second best Jill design we ever got. I'll never get the complaints.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the only aspect of the footage I'm not a huge fan of is the way that Nemesis skates across the floor while punching in some of the footage. It looks really artificial.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
The gameplay looks great and I'll be there day 1, but the new Jill and Carlos models make me almost throw up in my mouth every time I see them. The hair on both, in particular. It's a shame because Leon, Claire, and Ada look great in RE2make.

Small nitpick aside, it looks awesome and I am fully pumped.