Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
No it wasn´t, a Famitsu interview answered that:
Q15. With a destroyed brain, Brad became a Zombie. Inferring that corpses in the cemetery became Zombies, does T-virus have the effect of reviving the dead?
A15. Because Brad was affected by a strong T-virus lodged in the Pursuer's tentacle, his brain was destroyed but he did not die. Further, the Zombies that crawled out of the graveyard were the result of humans being buried after temporarily suffering from a case of apparent death brought on by the T-virus, and revived underground.

residentevil.fandom.com

Famitsu interview with Yasuhisa Kawamura

In 1999 Famitsu and Studio Bentstuff interviewed Capcom writer Yasuhisa Kawamura, who answered questions regarding the story of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.

This invalidates basis RE lore but I get it. RE 1,5 was supposed to be the end of the series and no one involved with it´s reboot RE2 was thinking about sequels anyway. Outside of Kamiya. Hey, it's up to us to take out Umbrella! was a last-second addition by him, he even went over Noboru Sugimura´s head (the writer and Mr. Flagship - RIP) with that one. This change lead to Claire replacing Jill in Veronica and Jill being shoved into RE 1,9 (3) once RE2 became a mega-hit and the decision to make this a proper franchise. You now you know Era.

They put in a well-hidden Easter Egg to RE1 in the game with Bard in RE2 and that was that. I only learned of him a few years after the fact.
I meant it was just explained, not that it was explained inside 3 my bad. Most of the series lore is explained in supplemental material.

And yes, there are not real zombies in most of the games with the exception of 2 and 6.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I would have zero problems if new Nemi got Brad through the stomach and if his zombie got Marvin in REmake 2 (or you know, an Outbreak reboot) but brain busted Brad and super-zombie Brad (these were even in RE1 1996 in a handful of places and also in RE3 to stay on topic) can´t live in the same canon. And I prefer zombie Brad, especially as you get to put him down. The anime films, as they misguided as they could be, literally say to go for the head multiple times. Even they got it right. You really can´t fuck with this as zombie still have basic brain functions. This very game has 2 talking zombies for example. You are supposed to see them as rabid animals but their bodies will begin to rot and give out over time. Infected Jill even foams at the mouth when Nemi gets her at the clocktower in REmake 3. A key difference with the Romero zombies. RE is sci-fi, his canon ain´t. All of this was crystallized in the new script to RE2, as they looked more like ghouls in RE 1,5 and RE1 was a bit of ? all around as Mikami put the story dead last:
residentevil.fandom.com

Clay virus

The Clay Virus was the name used to refer to at least four viral strains developed during Umbrella's viral research. The concept became obsolete with the involvement of Noboru Sugimura (Flagship) in the script of Resident Evil 2, and by the release of Resident Evil CODE:Veronica. The Progenitor...
It´s inventor worked on RE1, 1.5 and Parasyte Eve.

Have we spotted the city in the intro that ships out the bad boi? NE-α Type was developed in Europe and the sky scarper Claire trashed in CVX is in France. That´s all I got. Nemesis is this thing btw which rides the Tyrant host:
FB_IMG_1582135668506-02.jpeg

PS: REmake 3´s final portion is pretty different this time. The game´s biggest departure. A swerve towards "realism" if you want to call it that.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
PS: REmake 3´s final portion is pretty different this time. The game´s biggest departure. A swerve towards "realism" if you want to call it that.
What does this mean? No DEMON SWORD OF PARACELSUS?
residentevil.fandom.com

Sword of Paracelsus

The Sword of Paracelsus (パラケルススの魔剣 (まけん), Parakerususu no maken?) was an experimental rail cannon developed by the US military. It was named after Paracelsus, a Swiss philosopher, alchemist and toxicologist. The Sword of Paracelsus was brought into Raccoon City in September 1998 by a Delta Force...

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, zombies talk in the game?

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I think Brad was still barely alive at that point before becoming full zombie.
It's possible. I'd have to watch it again, but I think Marvin had already put a couple bullets in him so he might have been in the middle of the transformation

Edit: I feel like he definitely said "Sorry", because that's the whole reason Marvin hesitates and it also lines up with what he says to Claire/Leon later

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's possible. I'd have to watch it again, but I think Marvin had already put a couple bullets in him so he might have been in the middle of the transformation

Edit: I feel like he definitely said "Sorry", because that's the whole reason Marvin hesitates and it also lines up with what he says to Claire/Leon later
He definitely says it. It's even subtitled.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017

Holy shit.

It's on the subtitles. He speaks. Was he still alive?

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So they removed one of the most iconic scenes in the series that both introduces and demonstrates how terrifying Nemesis is

lmao

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Brad was turning and spoke to him then transformed.

It's kinda neat.

I just wish now that Nemesis get's an important kill still.

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
He definitely says it. It's even subtitled.

The hell? I didn't catch that! Is there any video that's not been removed that shows it? Its not that I don't believe you, I just want to listen for it now haha

Edit: Side note, I wonder if this has any effect on how long it took for Marvin to turn (Brad having *just* turned)? Though I'm not up to speed on the lore on how long it takes someone to turn on average, but it feels like Marvin was running around bit for quite awhile? Unless Leon and Claire are going to be showing up within just a couple of hours of Carlos leaving or something.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The hell? I didn't catch that! Is there any video that's not been removed that shows it? Its not that I don't believe you, I just want to listen for it now haha

Edit: Side note, I wonder if this has any effect on how long it took for Marvin to turn (Brad having *just* turned)? Though I'm not up to speed on the lore on how long it takes someone to turn on average, but it feels like Marvin was running around bit for quite awhile? Unless Leon and Claire are going to be showing up within just a couple of hours of Carlos leaving or something.
Here you go.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nemesis is the least scary thing about this game in everything I've seen.

Taking away his most important kill is just ridiculous

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
High res pics, including the unlockable "hot dagger":
imgur.com

re3

Post with 23 views. re3
RIrk6Pr.jpg

Zombies with (limited) autonomy ain´t new. And I don´t mean shit like the 2 manga, the "animality virus" ones in the 3rd anime or the stage play stuff (wanna talk RE musicals with?, lol). Some have turned doors knubs before, used tools and employed targeted attacks. Kendo´s daughter in REmake 3 again says daddy, which is a day before REmake 2 so she is really gone in that one but she still knows who he is and remains calm. Also you know. Itchy, tasty. Was that a Day of the Dead reference? Mikami´s team had to watch his then trilogy during pre-production. Hm.

I have an idea on why REmake 3 ends in Nest 2: Electric Boogaloo (a different lab, I think) but I would need to check Remake 2 and Zero first. Capcom may be fixing confusing canon and the city´s layout as Zero was used with the 3 REmakes in an official what has gone before video.

Last edited:

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda disappointing that they're using a points system yet not giving every weapon infinite ammo.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
High res pics, including the unlockable "hot dagger":
imgur.com

re3

Post with 23 views. re3
RIrk6Pr.jpg

Zombies with (limited) autonomy ain´t new. And I don´t mean shit like the 2 manga, the "animality virus" ones in the 3rd anime or the stage play stuff (wanna talk RE musicals with?, lol). Some have turned doors knubs before, used tools and employed targeted attacks. Kendo´s daughter in REmake 3 again says daddy, which is a day before REmake 2 so she is really gone in that one but she still knows who he is and remains calm. Also you know. Itchy, tasty.

I have an idea on why REmake 3 ends in Nest 2: Electric Boogaloo (a different lab, I think) but I would need to check Remake 2 and Zero first. Capcom may be fixing confusing canon and the city´s layout as Zero was used with the 3 REmakes in an official what has gone before video.
Emma was not a zombie in REmake 2. Ada even says they must kill her before she turns.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nemmy kills all of the survivors on the subway. That's fucking horrific.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
4 for Jill, 3 for Carlos. Or so the data mine says. No pics though. She had 6 in the very first release of RE3:
residentevil.fandom.com

Unlockable costumes in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

The original PlayStation version and GameCube version of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis featured five costumes which were unlocked in the boutique after completion of the game. The PC version allowed the costumes to be accessed from the start, as well as adding another two costumes to the game. The...
Ss_(2013-04-27_at_03.36.52).png

You're mine, punk.

Oct 25, 2017
4 for Jill, 3 for Carlos. Or so the data mine says. No pics though. She had 6 in the very first release of RE3:
residentevil.fandom.com

Unlockable costumes in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

The original PlayStation version and GameCube version of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis featured five costumes which were unlocked in the boutique after completion of the game. The PC version allowed the costumes to be accessed from the start, as well as adding another two costumes to the game. The...
Ss_(2013-04-27_at_03.36.52).png

You're mine, punk.
Hope she has a modernized/ realistic version of the RPD officer uniform.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I wouldn't get hopes up for costumes. You're likely looking at

- stars jil
- Classic jill
- battle damage jill
- regular

Carlos is likely in the same boat with his classic counting as a slot.

Last edited:

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
As excited as I am for release date... I'm equally excited to hear Dusk talk about the next game which he said he would once RE3 was released.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
For arguments sake, I do genuinely love most of what I have seen/heard. It's obvious with the remakes Capcom was going with a more character driven stories, or at least IMO. One scene won't sway it either way for me, and that was the same way with RE2R. That being said, as someone like most who has followed the series since the 90's I do understand the disappointments. That's a scene that would of been AWESOME in today's gen, but I am 100% willing to give it a chance in my own playthrough. I remember when spoilers/leaks started coming out for RE2R and threads were exactly like this one, and it was arguably GOTY in 2019. Still excited, still hyped, and I am going to see if there is any potion available to wipe my memory for release date haha.

FirstandYew

Oct 28, 2017
This game looks mind blowing from the demo and the stills of later scenes. Some incredible spectacle Capcom is putting on here. I don't mind the changes like the gravedigger, the characterization of the cast and character continuity with 2 is great. It looks like this game RevelS in making Jill Valentine unstoppable top of the cops and I dig it.