• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Give me an RPD level filled with Ganados, Plant 43s, Lickers, I don't give a shit if it makes sense!

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just make a stand alone version of this and raid in one package and have all the characters and locations from the entire series. The idea is so basic and primed for DLC it's a wonder why they hell they haven't done it yet. They know people like it.
Nah, we clearly wanted Umbrella Corps/Resistance/RE:Verse :)

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Just make a stand alone version of this and raid in one package and have all the characters and locations from the entire series. The idea is so basic and primed for DLC it's a wonder why they hell they haven't done it yet. They know people like it.
I'd be an absolute whale for that game. I have around 300 hours in re6 for Mercs and probably about the same in rev2 for raid.

Pein

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Man I wish there was a horde mode or zombie mode like the call of duty's with this gameplay

Nov 14, 2017
It'd be so easy to have both modes too, because Mercs and Raid have the same basic framework. One just relies on characters with preset loadouts and the other is more of an RPG. You could absolutely do both with minimal effort.

Which means Capcom's next failed attempt at a live service game will be a battle royale years too late.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
It was easy to get S+ on all stages/characters at least for me but I like that it's an easier way to get the handcannon.

I was thinking of doing a whole other thread about like, having fun stuff locked behind skill/time crunch barriers, I really dislike how RE games do that. I think if you buy the game, and you invest the time to play it the whole way through even on easy, let people have fun and give them access to everything there is to have access to. It's fine to have rewards for people who are very skilled or can speedrun the game, but I don't think they should be interactable things though.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Liked this mode a lot, got S/S+ on every stage. I wish there was more to it tho. More of a progression or more unlocks we could get, etc.

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Well. After mercenaries now I definitely need to rebuy the game on steam for the inevitable Krauser mod for the main game. Maybe they can do it without the game crashing now lol

Edit: wrong thread lol

Titan6062

Jul 29, 2022
Mercs was part of the original RE4
Doesn't matter. This isn't a remaster, it's a remake. The game isn't incomplete because they didn't include the U3 fight. Remake mercs will have more characters and modes in the end than the original.
It's just bitching for the sake of bitching. You got a greatly expanded campaign.

Jan 29, 2018
Original RE4 Mercenaries didn't stop at 150 enemies did it? Feels weird when you start running out of dudes to keep your combo going.

Cian

One Winged Slayer
Feb 17, 2018
Original RE4 Mercenaries didn't stop at 150 enemies did it? Feels weird when you start running out of dudes to keep your combo going.

There was a limited number of enemies in OG RE4 mercs too, it varied based on the stage.
Village = 124
Castle = 348
Base = 117
Waterworld = 156

Because the original mercs lacked a method to get additional time outside of the pre-place time bonuses (no time extensions for doing melee kills), it would require an incredibly optimised run to actually kill all the enemies in a stage, and as far as I know, no one has legitimately killed every enemy in the Castle Stage (highest scores hover around 305 - 310 last time i checked) because there just isn't enough time.

The 150 enemy limit became a hard rule in RE5 and RE6 Mercs, and RE6's Steam Port added Mercs No Mercy which doubled the enemy count to 300 (and added Left 4 Dead characters as extra mercs). So perceptibly it feels like there are less enemies but in reality, Mayhem Mode and the overall speed of the combat just makes it easier to actually reach the cap.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing a little bit of everyone and I'm starting to get a better idea of how to play with Luis. Still probably the trickiest to get the hang of but big TNT plays end up being worth a lot of points.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
If this game had hella unlocks, stages, chars, costumes, I wouldn't stop playing.... Yo, give me a battle pass.

JBoogieG

Aug 2, 2022
SW Virginia
Dunno if anybody's said it but Hunk's special (and I'd argue all specials) are best done when your bar is full. It lasts longer and, at least for Hunk, his infinite ammo shots give more points.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I saw someone mentioning this but I don't know where: with the upcoming Death Island film Capcom have a MORAL DUTY to add all those characters to Mercenaries.

Failure to perform means liquidation. Legal and otherwise.

Oct 25, 2017
Yup.
Imagine if they sold Chris, Jill, Rebecca and Claire when the CG movie releases this summer

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
It's high-key performance art how Capcom insists on dropping one failed attempt of a Resident Evil PVP-MP game after another while Mercs is sitting right there, treated as a bonus DLC at best.

Competitive Coop Mercs plz

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It's high-key performance art how Capcom insists on dropping one failed attempt of a Resident Evil PVP-MP game after another while Mercs is sitting right there, treated as a bonus DLC at best.

Competitive Coop Mercs plz

They must believe that a PvP multiplayer mode is their ticket to infinite money; despite the player base vocally saying they don't want it.

I'm sure we'll see another attempt at a PVP Resident Evil too.

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
I mentioned this in the main game's OT, but figured I should bring it up here too since that thread is very fast-moving: a channel on Youtube is claiming to have ripped the Mercenaries themes for Wesker and Ada. They sound great to me honestly, so much so that I wouldn't be surprised if they're official. Ada's theme even reprises her original RE2 theme in parts, which is a really cool touch.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KLBFzbOtFY

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES1Gm8g0zxY

If they're unofficial, I'd totally play a mod with these tracks regardless (if I had the PC version).

Hazuki_X

Dec 11, 2021
Am I being dumb or can you not see what spot you are at in the overall leaderboards? It just has me at 1 even though I'm clearly not lol