• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vourlis

Aug 14, 2022
United States
Looks good but for me RE5 Wesker will always be the goat design
latest

latest

Who wore it better?

Oct 27, 2017
what can he do in re5 mercs?
He can do a super high speed dash. He can also switch direction while doing it to inflict melee damage to enemies and he can end the move with a knee smash to the face. He consumes health while doing this but no character has other access to this ability.

That, and his outstanding combat load out which was tailor-made for Mercenaries means Weaker is by far the best character in RE5 and the character with most of the world records. Midnight is actually the more optimal version of Wesker for getting the best scores, even though STARS Wesker has the best weapon selection on paper.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I just don't understand how they waste time, effort and money on shit like Resistance and REverse but don't milk the stuff the fanbase loves...

Literally wasted effort on
resident-evil-reverse-novo-mapa-vilarejo-personagem-tundra-trajes-re5.webp
maxresdefault.jpg
1591210677_61.jpg

People would buy them in an instant.

Even on already made skins they could milk it out for a bit

Wait, they added Jill's Battlesuit costume to Re:Verse? It was already bizarre that Resistance got extra alternate costume while REmake 3 didn't.

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't get Capcom likely not putting them in this, or milking it.
Chris = $5 Village (coat) - $5 Village (Tactical) - $5 BSAA(Africa) - $5 BSAA(Edonia)
Jill = $5 Resistance pack - $5 STARS - $5 Battlesuit - $5 RE3 Casual - $5 RE3 Classic
Carlos = $5 RE3 - $5 RE3 Classic
Claire = $5 RE2 - $5 Classic RE2 - $5 Military - $5 Racing suit - $5 Noir
Leon = $5 RE2 - $5 Classic RE2 - $5 Sheriff - $5 Noir - $5 RE2 Casual

Thats at least $100 I'd personally buy in skins for Mercenaries just on reused assets.
If they actually made new skins for it like STARS Chris, Revelations Chris & Jill i'd pay even more for those.

Honestly i'd probably pay $20 alone to play RE4 Mercs with RE Engine STARS Chris or Revelations Jill.

Last edited:

Gosetsu

Oct 4, 2022
Yeah, someone found a reference to it when data mining.

That someone is me. /wave
Same goes for The Mercenaries renders OP posted which the guy on Twitter took from the RE Wiki discord but he cited me in a tweet.
The render of Krauser originally has some sort of transparency but I removed it by duplicating the image.

NJazRBr.png

Any info on the stages?
Anyway, I wish we would get an original dress for Ada...

Yes:
The stages, stage thumbs and descriptions known so far are:

The Village
Enemies will pour into the village square from all sides.
Fight them off while picking up items found between and inside buildings.
50Rb6O7.jpg

The Castle
The cannon is a powerful weapon that can be used to great effect against zealots and catapults alike.
It has a limited number of shots though, so choose your targets wisely.
J4rIlzR.jpg

The Island
Keep moving to avoid becoming surrounded in one of the island's many narrow areas.
The fixed turret guns may help you thin out the crowd.
TKXSMEp.jpg

There is a fourth stage image in The Mercenaries folder without a name and description.
I've only played chapter 1 so far /shrug
Ls1la1H.png

Last edited:

Seyavesh

Oct 25, 2017
those stage descriptions are kind of uhh, deflating?

i'm probably making a big stretch but it's like, instead of cool arcade action where you are just fighting dudes and interacting w/ the mechanics of the game vs. a huge variance of enemy types there's a bunch of annoying wack ass gimmicks

Gosetsu

Oct 4, 2022
those stage descriptions are kind of uhh, deflating?

i'm probably making a big stretch but it's like, instead of cool arcade action where you are just fighting dudes and interacting w/ the mechanics of the game vs. a huge variance of enemy types there's a bunch of annoying wack ass gimmicks
I looked elsewhere, and the stages mentioned above seem to be the only ones to date.
To what extent they are restricted or expansive I can't say. However, they were restricted areas of the main game in the original RE4.

The Village will be the default stage.
The Castle has been added to the Stages menu.
The Island has been added to the Stages menu.
The Docks has been added to the Stages menu.*
* The stage message of the docks is in a separate file alongside descriptions of both Ada Wong and Albert Wesker.

The Docks
Getting distracted by airborne enemies will leave you open to attacks from those on the ground.
Find a good spot to keep all your surroundings in view.

All characters will have special perks that will interact with the "Mayhem Mode":

Mayhem Mode
While consuming the Mayhem Mode gauge, your character
will be temporarily powered up. Your score will also
increase with each enemy you hit.
The more you stock up the gauge, the more powerful your
abilities will be.

Extending Time: Mayhem Mode
Defeating enemies during Mayhem Mode will
extend the time limit.

Mayhem Mode Orbs
Obtaining Mayhem Mode orbs will fill the Mayhem Mode gauge.

Leon
Leon is an all-round, balanced fighter.
During Mayhem Mode, his abilities including
attack power and speed are greatly increased.

Luis
Luis has good firepower but weak close-quarter abilities.
During Mayhem Mode, he can set dynamite with<ICON CP12_BR_ACTION>,
which explodes after a certain amount of time or when shot.

Krauser
Krauser has strong melee attacks and explosive arrows at
his disposal. During Mayhem Mode, he mutates and can deal
close-quarter attacks with<ICON SHOT>or thrust attacks with<ICON HOLD>+<ICON SHOT>.

Hunk
Hunk not only has a high-performance submachine gun
but also a unique melee attack that can kill instantly.
During Mayhem Mode, he gains unlimited ammo.

Ada
Ada has a variety of weapons to deal with any situation.
During Mayhem Mode, her abilities including attack
power and speed are greatly increased.

Wesker
Wesker can parry with his hands and even deliver
melee attacks on distant enemies. During Mayhem Mode,
he is able to perform combo melee attacks with<ICON SHOT>.

Seyavesh

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, i was just lamenting that the addition of those stage gimmicks seemed to kinda dilute the mechanics-centric nature of mercenaries that is inherently so appealing to begin with.

but the other spoilers are like, stuff that's really surprising so i'm very curious to see wtf this is like now.
appreciate the reply!

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Playable Ashley in Mercs would just be you running around with a button to contextually scream HAAAAAAAAAAAALP and then Leon shoots the Ganados from offscreen.
Nah, we all know her weapon would be a door she slaps down in front of her in order to shove it open and stagger enemies and go for the suplex. That's her only move.

S-tier Mercenaries right there.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
If the gods are good and Capcom add Jill, her Mayhem Mode should be replacing parry with her dodge, which would work against any attack.

And then one Ganado will try to grab you, you will dodge and blow their head off. And the world will finally know peace.

gantarozx

Mar 10, 2023
That someone is me. /wave
Same goes for The Mercenaries renders OP posted which the guy on Twitter took from the RE Wiki discord but he cited me in a tweet.
The render of Krauser originally has some sort of transparency but I removed it by duplicating the image.

NJazRBr.png

Yes:
The stages, stage thumbs and descriptions known so far are:

The Village
Enemies will pour into the village square from all sides.
Fight them off while picking up items found between and inside buildings.
50Rb6O7.jpg

The Castle
The cannon is a powerful weapon that can be used to great effect against zealots and catapults alike.
It has a limited number of shots though, so choose your targets wisely.
J4rIlzR.jpg

The Island
Keep moving to avoid becoming surrounded in one of the island's many narrow areas.
The fixed turret guns may help you thin out the crowd.
TKXSMEp.jpg

There is a fourth stage image in The Mercenaries folder without a name and description.
I've only played chapter 1 so far /shrug
Ls1la1H.png

Whoa thank you!

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Wesker looks amazing, his skills sound perfect. This mode is going to be fantastic.

I hope they do mercenaries missions like in the VR game, that is by far the best Merc content. Those missions are amazing.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Capcom really needs to fund someway to bullshit Wesker back into the story again. He was their best character!

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I looked elsewhere, and the stages mentioned above seem to be the only ones to date.
To what extent they are restricted or expansive I can't say. However, they were restricted areas of the main game in the original RE4.

The Village will be the default stage.

* The stage message of the docks is in a separate file alongside descriptions of both Ada Wong and Albert Wesker.

All characters will have special perks that will interact with the "Mayhem Mode":

Mayhem Mode
While consuming the Mayhem Mode gauge, your character
will be temporarily powered up. Your score will also
increase with each enemy you hit.
The more you stock up the gauge, the more powerful your
abilities will be.

Extending Time: Mayhem Mode
Defeating enemies during Mayhem Mode will
extend the time limit.

Mayhem Mode Orbs
Obtaining Mayhem Mode orbs will fill the Mayhem Mode gauge.

Leon
Leon is an all-round, balanced fighter.
During Mayhem Mode, his abilities including
attack power and speed are greatly increased.

Luis
Luis has good firepower but weak close-quarter abilities.
During Mayhem Mode, he can set dynamite with<ICON CP12_BR_ACTION>,
which explodes after a certain amount of time or when shot.

Krauser
Krauser has strong melee attacks and explosive arrows at
his disposal. During Mayhem Mode, he mutates and can deal
close-quarter attacks with<ICON SHOT>or thrust attacks with<ICON HOLD>+<ICON SHOT>.

Hunk
Hunk not only has a high-performance submachine gun
but also a unique melee attack that can kill instantly.
During Mayhem Mode, he gains unlimited ammo.

Ada
Ada has a variety of weapons to deal with any situation.
During Mayhem Mode, her abilities including attack
power and speed are greatly increased.

Wesker
Wesker can parry with his hands and even deliver
melee attacks on distant enemies. During Mayhem Mode,
he is able to perform combo melee attacks with<ICON SHOT>.
What the hell is this gimmicky nonsense...?
At least it sounds better than the Mercenaries in RE8.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Mayhem Mode sounds okay. Seems like something that'll compliment the action as opposed to interrupting it, which is fine to me.

If that's the only gimmick, I think it'll still retain that arcade-y flow.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
So, where does Giant Chainsaw Man show up? The unnamed stage? You know that monstrosity has to be in at least one of these stages.

Also, instead of copying Waterworld for the fourth stage now they're copying Midgar? lol

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I just don't get Capcom likely not putting them in this, or milking it.
Chris = $5 Village (coat) - $5 Village (Tactical) - $5 BSAA(Africa) - $5 BSAA(Edonia)
Jill = $5 Resistance pack - $5 STARS - $5 Battlesuit - $5 RE3 Casual - $5 RE3 Classic
Carlos = $5 RE3 - $5 RE3 Classic
Claire = $5 RE2 - $5 Classic RE2 - $5 Military - $5 Racing suit - $5 Noir
Leon = $5 RE2 - $5 Classic RE2 - $5 Sheriff - $5 Noir - $5 RE2 Casual

Thats at least $100 I'd personally buy in skins for Mercenaries just on reused assets.
If they actually made new skins for it like STARS Chris, Revelations Chris & Jill i'd pay even more for those.

Honestly i'd probably pay $20 alone to play RE4 Mercs with RE Engine STARS Chris or Revelations Jill.
Yeah, I found out about the ReVerse DLC skins through Claire's Rev 2 costume (of all costumes). Pretty wild they'd lock those behind DLC for that of all things. They didn't even do a good job of locking them up as people were just able to rip them from the PC game and mod them into other RE Engine PC games (I came across this from a mod that gives Claire her Rev2 outfit in RE2 remake, ripped straight from ReVerse).

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, it's really not an issue at all. I just wish Ada's alt costumes nowadays weren't just "SHE'S ASIAN"

I will say, this one feels WAY more egregious to me than either version of her RE4 long red dress. Also, isn't that technically "fake" Ada? I know in Mercs that's just an alternate costume for Ada but in the campaign, I believe that's the fake Ada (or fAka as I like to call her now. lol). Happy Birthday Ada Wong.

God, that game's fucking story... as much as I don't love playing the Chris/Piers story from a gameplay perspective I think that campaigns story is actually pretty fun. Dumb for sure, but dumb fun in that good RE way. The other stories in RE6 are just unmitigated disasters IMO.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
How is this gimmicky? Krauser already has unique mechanics in the OG, why wouldn't you want your character feel different? Silly
The original RE4 did a good job making all the characters feel distinct based on their loadout, item drop pools, and a handful of unique traits like Krauser's arm or HUNK's neck snap. There wasn't a need to add a limit break added on top of the existing mechanics to spice it up. Another way I'd put it, the way that the original Mercs was designed showed a very good grasp of every single minor detail involved in how the game flowed, and the remake feeling a need to add something for Mercs makes me wonder if that same kind of understanding is there, or if the designers don't have confidence that the base mechanics would make for a fun arcadey horde mode on their own.

Another concern is from my time trying Professional hardcore difficulty, before I had to switch down to normal. I'm worried it's going to be set up where you're too weak normally to deal with the hordes of enemies, having to run away a lot and scour the map for stuff to get into Mayhem Mode, because you'll need the extra boost or special abilities to be able to effectively crowd control.

Granted, that doesn't sound too bad. It's certainly better than RE8 turning Mercs into a fucking roguelite. I just don't think it has the same spirit the original mode did.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Another concern is from my time trying Professional difficulty, before I had to switch down to normal. I'm worried it's going to be set up where you're too weak normally to deal with the hordes of enemies, having to run away a lot and scour the map for stuff to get into Mayhem Mode, because you'll need the extra boost or special abilities to be able to effectively crowd control.
This is mostly my concern at the moment, though now that I think about it, it's not entirely too different from scouring the map right off the bat looking for all the time extensions before engaging with enemies proper.

As long as characters are still useful outside of Mayhem, I think it'll be fine. Going to have to play for myself to see how it lands in practice, though.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I feel confident they are not gonna make the mistake of balancing Mercenaries like hardcore or professional, which go against what makes the gameplay so fun.

Huh what? Hardcore is super fun

I think it depends on what you want.

If you just want more of a challenge, you're going to get that from harcore/pro

If you're wanting something more akin to RE4 OG, the harder modes don't really do that. Since one of the coolest things about the original RE4 was that "Pro" was just the game with higher damage values. All the tricks, reactions, and whatever else worked just like they did before.

In RE4make that's not the case with how staggering is changed and the durability/stealth mechanics being there as well.

I know personally, after I finish getting achievements/Trophies. I'll likely be stickign with just Fresh Standard runs over playing on the harder difficulties. As their change up in how you can play the game isn't really up my alley.

Oct 26, 2017
I think it depends on what you want.

If you just want more of a challenge, you're going to get that from harcore/pro

If you're wanting something more akin to RE4 OG, the harder modes don't really do that. Since one of the coolest things about the original RE4 was that "Pro" was just the game with higher damage values. All the tricks, reactions, and whatever else worked just like they did before.

In RE4make that's not the case with how staggering is changed and the durability/stealth mechanics being there as well.

I know personally, after I finish getting achievements/Trophies. I'll likely be stickign with just Fresh Standard runs over playing on the harder difficulties. As their change up in how you can play the game isn't really up my alley.
Dont have much experience with standard outside demo, I can deffo see what you mean from that though.
Atleast on PC hardcore is super fun though, its 1-3 shots to stagger which makes it alot more involved. Since you are always "awake" rather than, shoot-roundhouse kick.

Yes, but not for a super fast paced arcade mode. I wouldn't want the more tanky enemies or the obscene damage they deal in Mercenaries.
Enemies are pretty squishy on hardcore, I always felt like that was a strength of the game.

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
I will say, this one feels WAY more egregious to me than either version of her RE4 long red dress. Also, isn't that technically "fake" Ada? I know in Mercs that's just an alternate costume for Ada but in the campaign, I believe that's the fake Ada (or fAka as I like to call her now. lol). Happy Birthday Ada Wong.

God, that game's fucking story... as much as I don't love playing the Chris/Piers story from a gameplay perspective I think that campaigns story is actually pretty fun. Dumb for sure, but dumb fun in that good RE way. The other stories in RE6 are just unmitigated disasters IMO.

Nah that's the real Ada's alt costume. Carla (Fake Ada) only has her default outfit which was the blue dress and red scarf
Carla Radames | Resident Evil Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not entirely against the idea of stage gimmicks or Mayhem Mode. Will have to wait and see how they behave.