• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Damn the wait is killing me

This and John wick 4, good fuckin weekend baby

Succession season premiere too

200.gif

Apr 5, 2022
Preload for the Resident Evil 4 Remake is up for those interested on PS5 (and I think Xbox) but DLC won't download it, so if you're having trouble preloading the game? Just download the game by itself because if you check the DLC while downloading the game it'll give you an error prompt, just letting you guys know <3 Gotta wait until Capcom/Sony irons that out lol

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not usually that bothered by a softer image but damn performance mode really does look rough on PS5. SO is currently playing so will mess with settings later.

We haven't got far, at the first dynamite thrower area. Damn did they do a good job translating these areas for the remake. Really impressed so far outside the garbage IQ on PS5. Really hope that gets patched soon.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Preload for the Resident Evil 4 Remake is up for those interested on PS5 (and I think Xbox) but DLC won't download it, so if you're having trouble preloading the game? Just download the game by itself because if you check the DLC while downloading the game it'll give you an error prompt, just letting you guys know <3 Gotta wait until Capcom/Sony irons that out lol

Preload has been up for awhile for Xbox, along with all the DLC

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Switched to resolution mode and used Jacob4815's recommended settings on PS5 and it made a world of difference:

-Resolution mode
- VRR ON
- Ray tracing off
- CA/Lens distortion off
- Motion Blur off
- Hair off
- HDR off

This the best way to play the PS5 demo, IMHO.

Only thing I changed was keeping HDR on, otherwise scenes tended to look too dark on my display ( TCL R635) even after using the game's brightness adjustments.

PS5's default controller config feels perfect, I only tried the demo on Series X and PC before getting my copy, that deadzone issue is forreal huh? Game feels so much better to play on default settings on PS5 vs Series X and PC's default m+kb setup. Capcom needs to get their shit together for the other platforms cause its night and day WRT controls.

Last edited:

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Switched to resolution mode and used Jacob4815's recommended settings on PS5 and it made a world of difference:

PS5's default controller config feels perfect, I only tried the demo on Series X and PC before getting my copy, that deadzone issue is forreal huh? Game feels so much better to play on default settings on PS5 vs Series X and PC's default m+kb setup. Capcom needs to get their shit together for the other platforms cause its night and day WRT controls.

Yeah, the Series X basically needs an elite to change the stick config to help. It makes a big difference but still isn't PS5 level.

Unfortunately res mode on both is pretty much a no go without VRR too. Really hope they do something about both, it's so bizarre the game is going to launch this way.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I went back and forth on the PS5 and Series X demo and maybe this is just my tolerance of things being different than a lot of people, but after adjusting the camera aiming speed I really can't tell a much difference in the aiming in either version. I don't really understand what the deadzone issue is supposed to be, so I guess I'm…okay on the Xbox version? Like I see the 'if you try to draw a circle it become a square thing' but I don't know how it translates to minute to minute play

Last edited:

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've always wondered how my experience with the game would differ if I were fleunt in Spanish.
Back in 2005 it was kind of hilarious here in Spain, kind of a proto meme.

The Ganado spoke very broken Spanish, and also based in South America accents, not European Spanish as the setting is supposed to have.

To Capcom's defense, it's one of the first things they corrected with the remake: all the Ganado are voiced by people from here in every language I've seen.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
My copy just arrived. For anyone who's interested: The Lenticular boxart is (unfortunately AGAIN) just the standard box art. Looks nice though.

img_20230322_09574313b0cc3.jpg

Last edited:

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
I don' think the DLC is up yet, I checked in the app and add-on section is empty.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I purchased the Deluxe edition of RE4R on PS5 but it won't let me install what I just bought. It gives me: CE-107880-4. Any help?

EDIT: Hmm, I de-selected the add-ons and now it is downloading the main game. I guess it just wants me to download the main game first and then I can download the add-ons?

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I can't recall a point in time where a game has so thoroughly leaked as this has over the last week lmao. Capcom really should have just had the official release be the 21st.

Kingdom Key

Aug 4, 2021
I purchased the Deluxe edition of RE4R on PS5 but it won't let me install what I just bought. It gives me: CE-107880-4. Any help?

EDIT: Hmm, I de-selected the add-ons and now it is downloading the main game. I guess it just wants me to download the main game first and then I can download the add-ons?

For what it's worth, it's not just you. Looks like an issue on Sony/Capcom's end. I wasn't able to download them after installing the game either.

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
Gears of War, Vanquish, Dead Space.

I'm also very fond of Freedom Fighters, although it's a very dated feeling game. Games like GTA, Saints Row, Splinter Cell, and Metal Gear Solid are tougher to categorize. Then you have stuff like Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter etc which have a third person camera technically and involve shooting, but are more platformers than anything else.
Dead Space was basically RE4 in space, so yeah, I wouldn't worry too much.

RE4 was a different beast to 3 and 7 and the demo doesn't really give you a good sense of what made RE4 so rewarding as you barely get to explore/see any progression.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I can't recall a point in time where a game has so thoroughly leaked as this has over the last week lmao. Capcom really should have just had the official release be the 21st.
Their luck has been horrendous in regards to RE recently. Due to COVID people broke street date in parts of the world on RE3R like 16 days in advance. Village had a ton of assets/cutscenes leaked from the Capcom Hack. Now RE4R leaked a solid 2wks before.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
If only the quality of the remake had anything to do with the quality of the original...

I'm cautiously optimistic about this given the fact that far more care and effort went into it than the last REmake, but nonetheless well aware of what I expect my issues to be with this compared to the original (the goodwill it's bought can only go so far given how highly I still regard OG RE4 even now, and a glut of glowing 10/10 reviews from outlets who aren't even allowed leeway to discuss it in depth anyway do nothing to sway me).

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Amazon US not doing release day delivery really bums me out.
Although I have Prime Delivery, there was never a 'release day' delivery option- only the Free 2-Day Delivery one. Something similar happened with Octopath II.

So this has been hovering at a 'March 28 Estimated Delivery' for months now. I was hoping it would change in the 11th hour, but it's not. 😩
I'd just cancel it and go to Target or something, but I'm using an Amazon gift card I got for Christmas on it.

Gonna be jealous of all of you getting this in time for the weekend.
Looks like I'll actually be going to the stores on release day for FFXVI's release…

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon US not doing release day delivery really bums me out.
Although I have Prime Delivery, there was never a 'release day' delivery option- only the Free 2-Day Delivery one. Something similar happened with Octopath II.

So this has been hovering at a 'March 28 Estimated Delivery' for months now. I was hoping it would change in the 11th hour, but it's not. 😩
I'd just cancel it and go to Target or something, but I'm using an Amazon gift card I got for Christmas on it.

Gonna be jealous of all of you getting this in time for the weekend.
Looks like I'll actually be going to the stores on release day for FFXVI's release…
Surprisingly in NY anyway, Best Buy seems to get me the games on release day, for things I want to play day one I switched from ordering from Amazon. There's only like 3 games for me this year to play Day one, Octopath, this and FF, all ordered from Best Buy,

Gonzito

Banned
Apr 5, 2022
Spain
I am literally struggle to concentrate on work because I cant stop thinking about friday and this game. Damn I love videogames

G Status Ray

Oct 31, 2017
I am literally struggle to concentrate on work because I cant stop thinking about friday and this game. Damn I love videogames

Me fuckin' too. I'm shocked at how I've maintained such a love all these years. I go through periods where nothing is hitting but for the most part I'm obsessed. I'm 27. I have a kid and a job. I'm literally at work right now. But I'm on a reset era thread talking about RE4 lol

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
RE4 is technically a PS4 game right? People online are saying PS4 is a port, comes off as advanced copium lol

It's semantics really, but the game was originally announced as PS5/Series X/S only, with the PS4 version being announced later down the line and a version for the Xbox One being noticeably absent.

So I'd argue that it's a PS5/Series X/S game, which has then been down-ported to run on the PS4. But it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
It's semantics really, but the game was originally announced as PS5/Series X/S only, with the PS4 version being announced later down the line and a version for the Xbox One being noticeably absent.

So I'd argue that it's a PS5/Series X/S game, which has then been down-ported to run on the PS4. But it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
There is precisely 0% chance that this is a downported game. It 100% started life on PS4 and was ported up. They did the exact same stuff with Village, announced as current-gen only and then later they said "Oh we'll try our best to do last-gen versions but it'll be soooooo hard", knowing full well the project started life on last gen and they were just trying to get some free PR points. Then announce the last-gen versions later and look like heroes for doing something that was already done.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020

Nah, as pointed out by someone else they did basically the same thing with Village. Most likely the lack of Xbox One port for this and SF6 is either part of a deal with Sony or they just don't think it'll be worth the time and effort to have to also do a Xbox One port.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
I don't know why I thought that today was the 23rd and I'd be playing this later tonight. I'm just a fool in a man's body.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
PS5-version in perf mode can get quite stuttery at times. Funny enough these issues occur after the demo content, with the farm and the first area in chapter two being the worst offenders. It's hitching that not only occurs while panning the camera, but also while running around. And it's annoying because it doesn't feel just like frametime issues.
I've turned off all graphic settings that might cause framerate drops and swapped the installation between SSDs, but it's still there. Not gonna lie, this combined with the fuzzy IQ don't make this game feel like the polished product I've come to expect from Capcom games lately.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
PS5-version in perf mode can get stuttery at times. Funny enough these issues occur after the demo content, with the farm and the first area in chapter two being the worst offenders. It's hitching that not only occurs while panning the camera, but also while running around. And it's annoying.
I've turned off all graphic settings that might cause framerate drops and swapped the installation between SSDs, but it's still there. Not gonna lie, this combined with the fuzzy IQ don't make this game feel like the polished product I've come to expect from Capcom games lately.
it seems all versions have big frame drops in certain areas guaranteed

the beginning of demo, when you go outside first time in daylight, right before the village and bear trap, etc