Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
it seems all versions have big frame drops in certain areas guaranteed

the beginning of demo, when you go outside first time in daylight, right before the village and bear trap, etc
I'm not talking about the sporadic traversal stutter we've seen in the demo. It's worse.

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
Yes and yes.
Like I said before, performance is fine in the demo areas. Those issues start occuring after that, or: are much more significant.

It's sounding more and more to me that the game should've been delayed, which Capcom generally doesn't usually do. Hopefully it's not bad enough to affect people's overall enjoyment, but if performance issues are really that bad throughout the game, then I'm wondering why it wasn't brought up more in reviews.

Could this be why Capcom had such strict guidelines on what reviewers could and could not show in their reviews? This is giving me Cyberpunk 2077 launch vibes.

Edit: I meant not AS bad as Cyberpunk's launch issues, but the idea of a developer potentially trying to hide performance issues by restricting what the reviewers can and cannot show.

Last edited:

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Yes and yes.
Like I said before, performance is fine in the demo areas. Those issues start occuring after that, or: are much more significant.

Pretty baffling. I know RE4 is more ambitious than RE8, but that game had great performance and pristine image quality across all current-gen platforms.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's sounding more and more to me that the game should've been delayed, which Capcom generally doesn't usually do. Hopefully it's not bad enough to affect people's overall enjoyment, but if performance issues are really that bad throughout the game, then I'm wondering why it wasn't brought up more in reviews.

Could this be why Capcom had such strict guidelines on what reviewers could and could not show in their reviews? This is giving me Cyberpunk 2077 launch vibes.
lol

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY

Performance issues weren't the only problem with Cyberpunk. It was the massive amount of glitches and the game barely working on last-gen hardware.

Reviewers will look past performance issues if everything else in the game runs well.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017

Edit: I meant not AS bad as Cyberpunk's launch issues, but the idea of a developer potentially trying to hide performance issues by restricting what the reviewers can and cannot show.
It would be reflected in the review scores if that were the case.

They just don't want the game to be spoiled, that's all.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
shit and shit

Deck performance was not cutting it so i was thinking of getting on PS5

SMH
I feel you. I decided to pick up the PS5-version because I thought I'd get more stable performance there. Now it might turn out I get a less stuttery experience on PC, lol...unless it turns out, those are indeed traversal stutters. In that case this would be odd traversal stutters.

As much as I liked what I've played in terms of mechanics, "feel" and remaked content so far, this is easily the least polished RE I've played in years (at least on PS5).

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017

Their guidelines were showing later areas and cut content - they wanted the changes to be a surprise.

Comparing this to cyberpunk is crazy though. Come on now. Some frame drops here and there aren't the end of the world.

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
As much as I liked what I've played in terms of mechanics, "feel" and remaked content so far, this is easily the least polished RE I've played in years (at least on PS5).

Capcom generally does a really good job meeting their release dates with a polished project. But with RE4R being their largest RE game since probably RE6, I'm guessing they were a bit overconfident they would have it completely ready by March, but weren't willing to delay it.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
PS5-version in perf mode can get quite stuttery at times. Funny enough these issues occur after the demo content, with the farm and the first area in chapter two being the worst offenders. It's hitching that not only occurs while panning the camera, but also while running around. And it's annoying because it doesn't feel just like frametime issues.
I've turned off all graphic settings that might cause framerate drops and swapped the installation between SSDs, but it's still there. Not gonna lie, this combined with the fuzzy IQ don't make this game feel like the polished product I've come to expect from Capcom games lately.
oh no ☹️ I was hoping for locked 60 fps in performance mode without RT. Are you playing on a VRR display?

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020

When the videos of a bunch of a tiny trees popping up at random start showing up, get back to us

HighDrama

Jan 17, 2023
I can feel my hype slowly dying... I was supposed to take Friday off but now I don't even know if I'll buy the game day one.

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
I can feel my hype slowly dying... I was supposed to take Friday off but now I don't even know if I'll buy the game day one.

I mean for what it's worth, the amount of people who have the game and aren't glowing about it, can probably be counted on one hand. It's been getting a lot of praise across the board from those who have it. I wouldn't let any of this bring you down.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean these issues on consoles are disappointing and I can see how someone can be down on the game. As for me, if the PS5 already looks disappointing, it does not give me much hope for the PSVR2 version, it will probably look rough as hell.

I feel like Capcom should have delayed the game.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017

wamoss

Aug 11, 2022
Yes and yes.

Do you have a VRR display? Just wondering if that's not catching the drops or not. Feels like this game is gonna make use of that feature pretty heavily.

Edit: Ah just noticed that you ain't. Good to know.

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
There is precisely 0% chance that this is a downported game. It 100% started life on PS4 and was ported up. They did the exact same stuff with Village, announced as current-gen only and then later they said "Oh we'll try our best to do last-gen versions but it'll be soooooo hard", knowing full well the project started life on last gen and they were just trying to get some free PR points. Then announce the last-gen versions later and look like heroes for doing something that was already done.
There is precisely 0% chance that this is a downported game. It 100% started life on PS4 and was ported up. They did the exact same stuff with Village, announced as current-gen only and then later they said "Oh we'll try our best to do last-gen versions but it'll be soooooo hard", knowing full well the project started life on last gen and they were just trying to get some free PR points. Then announce the last-gen versions later and look like heroes for doing something that was already done.
Lololol

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing on a pretty standard 4k monitor, no VRR.

The remake doesn't drop frames like Elden Ring did, I haven't experienced such slowdowns at least. It's annoying hitching, closer to split second freezes than framedrops.

I see. I'm curious to see the performance with VRR screen. Friday can't come soon enough.

Canas Renvall

Mar 4, 2018
You know that the game started development in 2017, right? You really think they had devkits back then?

And not to mention, when Dusk Golem discussed the various playtests in like 2018 or 2019 (revealing info that turned out to be 100% true like werewolves, Chris shooting Mia, etc), these tests were done on PS4 Pro?

Edit: I completely missed the bold, I am so sorry lol, totally misunderstood your post. Leaving mine up for the shame.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I snort fat rails of frames off the backplate of my 4090 as it runs furmark when I get up in the morning to take the edge off

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
I'm now planning on getting this for PS4 Pro instead of Xbox Series X due to the control issues. Videos I've watched show the framerate is decent enough in performance mode on PS4 Pro, but does anyone know how load times are?