• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
EzDEcsaWUAA4VBd

EzDEZ7aW8AM-m7d

Capcom and Facebook announced Resident Evil 4 for VR Thursday during the Resident Evil Showcase. The Oculus Quest 2 port will shift the game from its normal third-person view to first-person; players will only see Leon S. Kennedy's hands as he shoots, slashes, and types his way through Resident Evil 4 VR. Mike Verdu, VP of content at Facebook Reality Labs, called the virtual reality version of RE4 "immersive […] and will bring new richness and depth to the Resident Evil experience you know and love."

Capcom, Oculus Studios, and Armature Studio are co-developing the Oculus Quest 2 version of Resident Evil 4. Verdu promised more details on Resident Evil 4 VR at Facebook's Oculus Gaming Showcase on Wednesday, April 21.

Quote grabbed from Polygon.

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Quest 2 only? Was really hoping they'd support Rift as well. :/ Ugh.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunate it's tied to Oculus but it looks cool. Seem to have put the work in based on the trailer

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
If this is a Quest 2 exclusive when there are so many additional PCVR devices around I'm going to be livid.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was really really hoping this wouldn't be the case.

I guess I'm buying VR and changing up my bedroom so I have space for it.

Can Oculus games work on the Valve Index or whatever it's called?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
This should be fucking awesome. Might even be the definitive way to play.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Just got my Quest 2 last week, and already they've dropped a huge firmware update and now this. I hit the jackpot and joined at the perfect time I guess.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was really really hoping this wouldn't be the case.

I guess I'm buying VR and changing up my bedroom so I have space for it.

Can Oculus games work on the Valve Index or whatever it's called?

This is a Quest 2 game, so it has to be played on Quest 2 (and future Quest).

Older Oculus games with PC version can be.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Can't wait. Bought my Quest 2 day 1 been dreaming of another zombie game since i beat TWD S&S.

jack.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so pumped for this. I was expecting it to be a straight 3rd person port with Wii aiming controls or something but this looks great.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
After joking that RE4 is ported to everything... kinda weird that this is Quest 2 only. No Quest 1? No Oculus Rift?

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
Lol if Facebook thinks I will go out and buy one of there sets for the game they are mistaken lol