• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
It's not the cost or even the FB account (wife said I could use hers) keeping me away from Quest 2 but I just can't bring myself to use a mobile platform when I'm so invested in PCVR already. It's a bad feeling with the two biggest VR players, Sony and Facebook, not bringing their games to PC.

Good news for Q2 owners though, this should be terrifying.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
It's not the cost or even the FB account (wife said I could use hers) keeping me away from Quest 2 but I just can't bring myself to use a mobile platform when I'm so invested in PCVR already. It's a bad feeling with the two biggest VR players, Sony and Facebook, not bringing their games to PC.

Huh? Quest 2 streams PC games. Virtual Desktop or in about a week its built into the unit.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

With Sony bringing some games to PC, I really hope they're considering putting their VR games on the platform as well. It would definitely be more work considering the difference in tracking systems but I feel like for Astro and Blood and Truth it would pay off.

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
With Sony bringing some games to PC, I really hope they're considering putting their VR games on the platform as well. It would definitely be more work considering the difference in tracking systems but I feel like for Astro and Blood and Truth it would pay off.

That would be amazing but I'm keeping my expectations low.

Oct 29, 2017
Quest 2 has outsold all of them combined, and it's easier to develop only for one platform.

You also don't need a gaming PC. It's quite obvious that VR money is on the Quest and maybe on PSVR2.

With OpenXR things are going to get a lot better from a development standpoint, but of course if someone bankrolls the game to get exclusivity it's a no go.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
I have a Quest 2... but I would honestly rather stream it from my PC to it if given the option. I will reserve judgement until I try it.

Still pretty dang cool, though. Hype. Never played this game before.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell

The wariness surrounding the FB requirement is overblown tbh, admittedly I was nervous with my old Fb account that hadn't been used with any frequency for a long while yet I've been using my Quest 2 since launch without issue. It was more unfortunate release timing with the 2020 US election that was overzealous with locking accounts but those reports have since dried up in the past few months. I mostly use my Quest 2 for pcvr streaming anyhow. The benefit of not buying many native Quest titles is coupons sent to your account associated e-mail. Win-win!
As said, I absolutely do not want to reactivate my FB account, I would've deleted it if it wasn't required for the messenger app which is the only way for my family and friends back home to contact me (and it can be used with a deactivated account). Again, if they were to remove that requirement or even allow to use a quest with a deactivated account, I would've bought a long time ago, with how things currently are I'm just gonna keep using my Vive.

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I love re4. It is one of the best games every made.

I don't have a quest vr....but i really want to play this :(

I do have a ps vr headset though... would love a version for that

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Sad this thread is hijacked by Facebook being straight assholes to their own customers. Where are the gaming journalists drilling Oculus on how they can disregard their customers. Disguisting.

Now about RE4 VR, HOLY SHIIIIIT!!!! I thought this would be some RE4 simple port with a new view point of view but this is a full VR upgrade of the game! Full first person, full physics, new puzzles, crazy!!! Can you imagine Verdugo in VR? Can you imagine the sewers with Nosvistadors? The hedge maze! An actual knife fight with with Krauser!!!

If this is RE4 in all it's glory this can beTHE GREATEST VR GAME EVER.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Its time to accept that standalone VR (Oculus Quest) is where the money is. Many VR developers/publishers are citing huge sales and other successful stories on Quest over PSVR and PCVR.

erikNORML

Oct 30, 2017
When I saw the rumor I knew it would be quest exclusive but really wanted to be wrong. *cries into my rift*

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
Its time to accept that standalone VR (Oculus Quest) is where the money is. Many VR developers/publishers are citing huge sales and other successful stories on Quest over PSVR and PCVR.

Luckily, if you are making a standalone VR game, there is no good reason to not put it out on PCVR as well. Unless you are Facebook.

You can sell even more the more people you give access to your game.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Between the impending mandatory facebook requirement and the fact they've seemingly straight up deserted the Rift S(which I own), my decision to get the fuck out of the Oculus ecosystem and go elsewhere is pretty cemented.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
All of the sudden, I think I'm ready for an RE4 Remake. I love that game but unless you are rocking Albert's badass mod, another straight port in a new gen is not gonna cut it for me anymore...eh maybe.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Between the impending mandatory facebook requirement and the fact they've seemingly straight up deserted the Rift S(which I own), my decision to get the fuck out of the Oculus ecosystem and go elsewhere is pretty cemented.
I dropped my RIFT S and went straight to index. Just recently uninstalled the Oculus software.

Oct 25, 2017
RE4 is one of my favourite games all time. Have played it on three platforms. And I happen to own a Quest 2

I would have preferred PCVR, but I guess maybe this wouldn't have existed without Oculus?

I'm not actually excited yet because I feel like this may not work.... I dunno, can't really articulate why.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Luckily, if you are making a standalone VR game, there is no good reason to not put it out on PCVR as well. Unless you are Facebook.

You can sell even more the more people you give access to your game.

I am not going to defend that. Oculus weren't going to fork out additional money beyond the Quest version, since they probably feel the ROI for the Rift isn't worth it. The responsibility however, also lies with Capcom on whether they want to fund for the PCVR version themselves.

RE4 is one of my favourite games all time. Have played it on three platforms. And I happen to own a Quest 2

I would have preferred PCVR, but I guess maybe this wouldn't have existed without Oculus?

I'm not actually excited yet because I feel like this may not work.... I dunno, can't really articulate why.

Safe to assume that. This port is co-developed with Armature Studio, a close partnering studio with Oculus who have published Fail Factory! and Sport Scramble for Oculus headsets exclusively.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda bummed how quickly support for the Oculus Quest was dropped. Wish I had just waited for Quest 2 in hindsight.
In 18 months a lot of Quest 2 owners are going to be griping about how they've been left in the cold for the Quest 3 and whatever new exclusive was arbitrarily locked behind it.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Hope is coming on PSVR2

BTW, it's Capcom... Exclusivity doesn't exist.
RE7 VR is still only on PlayStation because they don't want to fund a PC version themselves.

And this is bankrolled by Oculus themselves. It's exclusive.

So this was my tipping point. Half Life Alyx, then Phasmophobia, and now RE4 VR, I caved and bought a Quest 2 with the link cable. Should be here Sunday!

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna have to hurry and buy a Quest 2. I can see myself hesitating until they're out of stock and then being annoyed at myself.

Oct 25, 2017
RE7 VR is still only on PlayStation because they don't want to fund a PC version themselves.

And this is bankrolled by Oculus themselves. It's exclusive.

So this was my tipping point. Half Life Alyx, then Phasmophobia, and now RE4 VR, I caved and bought a Quest 2 with the link cable. Should be here Sunday!
16 years later and RE4 is still selling systems

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
In 18 months a lot of Quest 2 owners are going to be griping about how they've been left in the cold for the Quest 3 and whatever new exclusive was arbitrarily locked behind it.
Yep. It's the Facebook/Oculus way. I say this as a Rift CV1 owner

They aren't in it to further VR. They aren't anyone's friend. They're a business first and foremost. Shits infuriating but nothing can be done as consumers.

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
So I did a skim of the thread and didn't see any answers for it (I'm sure there are and I'm just blind), so am I seriously SOL if I own an Oculus Rift S, a device that is capable of every single function the Quest 2 is, on the same exact storefront, just with more power from my PC? That's... really aggravating.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I can hold out for the Quest 3.

If I say it enough it will be true.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Probably true. At least the price is coming down. It makes the standalone headset feel wasteful in a way though since the display and optics are still perfectly good

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Does Quest require a FB acct?

There's no way around it, but it can be blank and invisible in Facebook and web search.
I think only your name, DOB and address are required. I don't even have a profile pic.
I signed up at Quest 2 launch and they still haven't figured out who any of my relatives are.

JohnnyUtah

Jul 15, 2018
As a rift s owner this pisses me off. I want to play these quest 2 exclusives like this and the climb 2 but can't. I get that they might passover the quest 1 due to hardware limitations, but this can run on the rift s, why cut us out, we bought into your hardware and now we're locked out arbitrarily šŸ˜¢

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I did a skim of the thread and didn't see any answers for it (I'm sure there are and I'm just blind), so am I seriously SOL if I own an Oculus Rift S, a device that is capable of every single function the Quest 2 is, on the same exact storefront, just with more power from my PC? That's... really aggravating.

Yup, you are. Oculus are only interested in selling Quest 2 now.

Oct 25, 2017
Would've been nice to see more gameplay. This trailer leaves me with a "huh???" first impression. From the pacing, the minor lighting/visual changes (???), and the passive behavoir of the enemies, it looks like a new game that uses RE4 assets rather than a VR conversion of the existing game. Maybe I'm too used to seeing RE4 HD Project footage, maybe this is just early test footage they threw together under a deadline.