Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Lol wow they are actually releasing 4 physically, just after people caved in and bought the digital version.

Sad times. I won't be picking these up as I have them all on PS4 but this is a great collection to have.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Okay, I'm in for RE4 physical, glad I waited. I'll probably just give away the RE5 & 6 codes, though. I don't have a MicroSD for my Switch and I can't imagine both games fitting on the internal memory.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Lol wow they are actually releasing 4 physically, just after people caved in and bought the digital version.

Sad times. I won't be picking these up as I have them all on PS4 but this is a great collection to have.
Yup, just in time to announce it after their first sale on it has been running for a few days so people who held out caved and bought it and are now tempted to double-dip. Amazing strategy. They know how to milk people with minimum effort.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
RE5?

Resident Evil 5 is the clunkiest game you've ever played?

It's one of the most polished gaming experiences of the previous generation...

RE5 isn't as good as RE4, and to some this seems to mean it's terrible.

It's a very solid game with some amazing strong points, mainly the co-op and the Mercenaries Mode. But the campaign itself, even playing alone, has great moments.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017

It's a very solid game with some amazing strong points, mainly the co-op and the Mercenaries Mode. But the campaign itself, even playing alone, has great moments.
The only part of the campaign I outright can't stand / am confused as to why they thought it was needed, is the on-rails turret sequence against motorcycle and truck Majini, and the subsequent on-rails El Gigante fight. Terrible low points in an otherwise pretty solid campaign.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Hell yeah, I'll sing 5's praises until the grave.

The campaign, the graphics, the bosses, the variety of setpieces, the cutscene direction and fight choreography, the big story beats (as ridiculous as their delivery may be), the impactful, satisfying melee combat moves and finishers, which complement the shooting wonderfully, even the OST has some pretty memorable tracks like The Executioner and the one that plays during the first fight against Wesker and you know who.

It's so fucking good.

With that said, I have played it so many times (and 4) that this release doesn't really interest me at all.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
The three game collection is cool. I'll buy it when it drops in price like every capcom game does after two months tho,

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
"Guys...we've heard you"

"Resident Evil 4 will finally be on cartridge!.....but with 5 & 6"

5 & 6 aren't as good as 4 of course but are pretty solid games i'll prob pick it up when it gets low enough

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I want these ports as I love my Switch and I love Resident Evil, but I'm at a point where I've bought these games so many damn times on other platforms and seeing the price uptick on eShop makes it a no-go.

I'll just stick to my non-portable PS4 versions then.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
All the RE5 hate in here.

Fucking YIKES.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
RE 5 is fantastic! Was never a fan of the co-op and I didn't like the item management or the way they handled files, but it's still a great fucking game. People are crazy lol.

DVCY201

Oct 25, 2017
The only part of the campaign I outright can't stand / am confused as to why they thought it was needed, is the on-rails turret sequence against motorcycle and truck Majini, and the subsequent on-rails El Gigante fight. Terrible low points in an otherwise pretty solid campaign.
I replayed it with a friend this year, and yea, the El Gigante fight should've been a legit boss fight. They already had the blueprint from RE4 too, might as well go the whole way.

papercan

Oct 25, 2017
Zack and Wiki 2, of course! :P
tumblr_nkx5e0LSgj1r7sijxo1_400.gif

Please..... please... so much potential.
Best thing about resident evil 5 is the demo, you can simply replay the best section and pretty much see all worth seeing, single player game was completely ruined with the co-op.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
What bizarro world have I awoken into that RE5 is being shat upon....

Game looks fantastic to this day and is single handedly one of the best co-op game of any generation.

xxbrothawizxx

Nov 1, 2017
Gainesville, FL
Namco Bandai has been the only one that priced their last gen rerelease correctly. $40 for Storm 1-3 was a bargain and the length of time it held out in the top downloads section was proof they made a good choice. I was hopeful that sort of rerelease would become common. Instead single games are coming in at $40 and Capcom started feeling themselves more.

Triple pack would be a no brainier at $40. $60 just feels like what it already should have been.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
As a combo pack, because those two pretty much belong together as a continuous little experience, like they did for the original HD releases of those. RE5 and 6 won't get the same treatment because they've not done that before and don't need to now.

And you'll get neither because Capcom stopped caring. :(
Well see. I can see them making a 5 and 6 combo pack at retail with one on a cart.
They're not gonna. Save yourself the disappointment and expect the worst.

lol well there you go, at least someone will be happy about this release I guess :P

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
Sadly I'll pay for this because I was really really wanting a retail version of RE4 ☹

Any news on what the strategy will be in Japan? I guess no, but might they be getting some another retail edition of these releases?

Deleted member 51982

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
If people seriously don't want their RE5 and RE6 download codes, I would be completely willing to take them off their hands. I'll buy that at [not] a high price!

Oct 26, 2017
That is really one of the reasons I have been avoiding these games like the plague. It seems Capcom threw these ports together and called it a day.
Yeah because most rooms load fine and as fast as any other version. It's really just a couple rooms and cutscenes that load for seconds after the door animation finished. The Devs probably were given a week to port all 3 games.
Then again, they never fixed the 60fps aim spazzing in RE4HD on any version, so it's really no wonder.

Oct 26, 2017
Namco Bandai has been the only one that priced their last gen rerelease correctly. $40 for Storm 1-3 was a bargain and the length of time it held out in the top downloads section was proof they made a good choice. I was hopeful that sort of rerelease would become common. Instead single games are coming in at $40 and Capcom started feeling themselves more.

Triple pack would be a no brainier at $40. $60 just feels like what it already should have been.

Are you seriously comparing Naruto to Resident Evil?
60 bucks for the triple pack is the exact same price on ALL platforms, $20 bucks each.