Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
I checked on PC and RE6 costs 30 bucks.
This is nothing new tho, Bayonetta costs 20 bucks on Steam while the NSW version is 30 bucks.
Resident Evil 6 is $20 on PSN and $8 on Xbox because of their storewide sale. That is the price for the current gen versions, and the Switch is more than likely using that version as their base.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I wish they did an eshop bundle discount ala Bayonetta where if you own two of the games, they'd knock $20 off the third. This sucks for anyone who has already picked up RE4 :(

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
At least the one on the game card is the right one (unlike the Origins collection).

There's something really funny to me about Jake being so prominently featured on the cover of this collection. An insanely minor nitpick: I wish the art used for RE4 on the cover of this collection was the US GCN cover art. I think that art is very underappreciated.

So is this going to have The Mercenaries No Mercy in both RE5 & RE6? Because the frame rates for that mode in those games could be kind of rough on vanilla X1 & PS4

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
At least the one on the game card is the right one (unlike the Origins collection). There's something really funny to me about Jake being so prominently featured on the cover of this collection. An insanely minor nitpick: I wish the art used for RE4 on the cover of this collection was the US GCN cover art. I think that art is very underappreciated.

So is this going to have The Mercenaries No Mercy in both RE5 & RE6? Because the frame rates for that mode in those games could be kind of rough on vanilla X1 & PS4
I'm pretty sure it is a direct port of the PC version.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure it is a direct port of the PC version.

Then I guess it's worth noting that stable frame rates might be an issue on Switch, particularly with RE5 as that game has a number of frame rate drops on the original Xbox One. RE5 & RE6 have unlocked frame rates on X1 & PS4 so I wonder if they would lock the frame rates to 30fps for either of those games?

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Then I guess it's worth noting that stable frame rates might be an issue on Switch, particularly with RE5 as that game has a number of frame rate drops on the original Xbox One. RE5 & RE6 have unlocked frame rates on X1 & PS4 so I wonder if they would lock the frame rates to 30fps for either of those games?
Knowing Capcom, they'll do the same thing they did with RE4. Just a simple port with no adjustments for the platform it is on.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
you think there's no market for RE5 and 6 digital codes? no qualms going about our separate ways for a tenner each. damning if I can't even sell them both for $20 total tho no lie

If you dont want your code and you are in an NA region and are selling it for 10 a piece I will buy it off you lol.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Perfectly inferior to every other title in this series?

RE6 > RE5

because atleast 6 isnt boring

I'm with you but I'm pretty sure it's just me and you on an island together. lol. So there's a lot I do like about RE5. For RE5 I love Lost In Nightmares, the final encounter in the Desperate Escape dlc, The Mercenaries and I like the campaign up to the point where Chris & Sheva hop on the truck with miniguns. The rest of that campaign is an absolute slog as I feel like the encounter design mostly craters after the first bat slug monster fight. The RE5 campaign is inarguably more focused than RE6's multiple campaigns but I think the bulk of the RE6 campaigns are made up of more interesting and fun encounters and boss fights than RE5. Also the story in RE6 is just SO unbelievably/unintentionally stupid that I can't help but love it. The RE6 story is just a concentrated dose of the end game stupidity that the RE5 story had.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Perfectly inferior to every other title in this series?

RE6 > RE5

because atleast 6 isnt boring
How in the fucking hell is RE5 inferior to RE6, RE0 or Revelations? There's also all the spinoffs.

If you are going to troll, at least put more effort in it.

Last edited:

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
How in the fucking hell is RE5 inferior to RE6, RE0 or Revelations? There's also all the spinoffs.

I don't think it's trolling at all. I think RE5 is the most overrated entry in the series. There's definitely plenty I still like about RE5 but IMO the campaign completely sucks when played single player and even in co-op I'd still say about 80% of it is terrible (see my above comment for specifics). All RE5 strives to be is RE4 with co-op but IMO what they made was BAD RE4 with co-op. A big part of why games like Revelations & RE6 landed with me better than RE5 is because they strive to be more than just pale imitations of RE4 again.

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Resident Evil 6 can be fun, but the game feels like a different studio tried to make a Resident Evil clone game.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in for RE4 because I'm a sucker and I still have GCU. It's going to be awesome to replay RE5 Mercs on the go!

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think it's trolling at all. I think RE5 is the most overrated entry in the series. There's definitely plenty I still like about RE5 but IMO the campaign completely sucks when played single player and even in co-op I'd still say about 80% of it is terrible (see my above comment for specifics). All RE5 strives to be is RE4 with co-op but IMO what they made was BAD RE4 with co-op. A big part of why games like Revelations & RE6 landed with me better than RE5 is because they strive to be more than just pale imitations of RE4 again.
Resident Evil 0 is generally considered bad, if not outright terrible. It's definitely the worst of the mainline games, in my opinion. A bigger slog than RE5 or RE6 ever were.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm with you on 0 and 6, but Revelations is better than 5. It's sequel...not so much. Rev 2 is terrible, but the original does a lot right in balancing slower paced horror sections with a higher focus on exploration and action sequences.

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
9JA7Jxd.gif
This gif is hilarious

But how much is that triple pack?

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
And that's quite the hyberbole^^

RE0 is a good game.
I don't believe it is hyperbole.
  • Some of the worst item management in a game. Not just the fact that you have to toss stuff on the floor randomly, then come back for it later, but also swapping stuff between Billy and Rebecca.
  • A nothingburger story with no real impact on the greater Resident Evil lore. Billy is a character that seems interesting at first, but ends up quite shallow with no narrative payoff. Rebecca's character seems like a completely different person from the one seen in RE1, which cowers when facing a single Hunter. In RE0, she single-handedly takes down a Tyrant, for God's sake.
  • Other than the train, and depending on who you ask, the Umbrella Training Facility, the levels are blando and unmemorable.
  • Giant bug boss fights.
  • One player controlling both Billy and Rebecca sounds like a fun novelty on paper, but in practice, it doesn't add much to the game besides micromanagement and tedium.
  • Meh bonus content (Leech Hunter). The remaster adds Wesker Mode, which is kinda cool.
  • Main unique enemy are the leech zombies, which are not fun or interesting to fight. Monkeys are horrible and stun lock you into a wall.
The game's only redeeming quality are the gorgeous visuals, which still hold up today. That's honestly the only good thing I can say about RE0.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I'm with you on 0 and 6, but Revelations is better than 5. It's sequel...not so much. Rev 2 is terrible, but the original does a lot right in balancing slower paced horror sections with a higher focus on exploration and action sequences.
Revelations is good for a portable RE and thats it. It's the weakest of the main titles by far with a nothing story and uneven campaign.

MikeE21286

Oct 27, 2017
I'm legit upset that RE4 is now being released for $20 physically afte I just bought it for $30 digitally.,,,

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
Any news on a physical release in Europe?

Unless they release something new and special (or high profile anyway) which is unlikely, I don't think you are gonna ever see a Switch Capcom retail release in Europe again. They only released Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (Ultra Street Fighter II was distributed by Nintendo), and Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, but none of the Resident Evil collections, no Megaman Collections, no Dragon's Dogma, no Onimusha, Okami, Beat'em'up Collection, Phoenix Wright... and even there wasn't one for a completely new title like Megaman 11 🤷

SerKwak

Apr 6, 2018
Thanks! Well it seems this will be the first console for me without ever buying a Capcom game. Sad.

Nov 18, 2017

Whose trolling? although i wish it was a troll as you bit that pretty hard lol

5 to me just feels like a poor imitation of 4, it doesnt really add anything new to the formula except co op. 4 has pretty much everything that 5 has going for it, except done much better.

Atleast 6 is uniquely its own thing, sure its not a survival horror game but then i wouldnt class 5 as one either. atleast 6 has decent shooting mechanics for what it is, an action game. Also 6's merceneries mode is the best in the whole series, especially with the L4D2 characters and monsters.

I havent played RE0 so i cant judge, but ill take Revelations 1&2 over 6 anyday. Sure theyre low budget but atleast exploring the queen zenobia felt like i was actually playing an RE title. also both games raid modes are fantastic!

5 just feels pointless, i know people really like it for the wesker plotline but all my favourite games in the franchise bar the original remake, dont feature him at all, so i really couldnt care less about that conflict tbh. I couldnt even bring myself to finish 5 as its so boring.

I've heard the DLC is good though, i do intend to give it another shot in co-op & play through the dlc when me and a buddy finish our resi 4 playthrough. maybe the dlc and playing the game the way its clearly meant to be played (co-op) will help but i dont see its position changing in my RE preferences list.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
5 just feels pointless, i know people really like it for the wesker plotline but all my favourite games in the franchise bar the original remake, dont feature him at all, so i really couldnt care less about that conflict tbh. I couldnt even bring myself to finish 5 as its so boring.

I've heard the DLC is good though, i do intend to give it another shot in co-op & play through the dlc when me and a buddy finish our resi 4 playthrough. maybe the dlc and playing the game the way its clearly meant to be played (co-op) will help but i dont see its position changing in my RE preferences list.
the DLC is worse. it seemed "good" at the time because it was the first glimpse back to something resembling the claustrophobic horror stylings but it wasn't good at all.

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
Thanks! Well it seems this will be the first console for me without ever buying a Capcom game. Sad.

Yes, it's sad, but well, if you are ok with it you can import it, as the Switch is not region locked.

While not being released in Europe I own all the games above physically through their american or japanese counterparts. The content/languages available are generally the same along all releases.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Yes, it's sad, but well, if you are ok with it you can import it, as the Switch is not region locked.

While not being released in Europe I own all the games above physically through their american or japanese counterparts. The content/languages available are generally the same along all releases.
well except still only three of the eight RE games are actually "physical" releases. SerKwak is all good to go on importing, for example, Dragon's Dogma, Okami, Mega Man 11, Onimusha, Beat Em Up Collection, Ace Attorney Trilogy, RE Revelations 1 standalone, Mega Man X Collections 1 and MMX Collection 2 from Japan to get proper physical game cards for the thing it says on the box without having to worry. The Japan versions are all global versions including all languages anyway. Everything else entails download codes for half/several of the games in whatever collection they happen to be in (RE Revelations Collection, RE Origins Collection, Mega Man Legacy Collection, RE 4x5x6 Triple Pack).