• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Would have bought this already if both games physical or if second game download possible only with physical cart.

2 being digital version means I'm out. I dont buy digital on consoles.

Shame.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I see the Switch eShop currently doesn't have the functionality to offer bundles. The individual games are the same price (RER1) or cheaper (RER2) than on other platforms.

Bundle as in 2 games in a single purchase? In that case it hasn't been done yet, although game+DLC bundles exist. If you mean "buy X, get a discount for Y", the Jackbox games have that, at least in NA.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Complete wild guess but maybe it's a restriction they have to deal with due to how they pulled off the split screen in the first place. I know nothing, just throwing stuff at the wall.

Naw. Its just how they designed it. At least in RE5. If you played the game on an SD TV the game had a straight horizontal split. It's just to maintain aspect ratio

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
For us European there's going to be a discount on the eShop if you buy one of the games:

b1qmp0hn7zwz.jpg

It's still unfair for those who only wanted Rev 2, but it's something.

discogs

Oct 28, 2017
London
So let me get this straight - RE Revelations 1 & 2 are only available digitally in Europe?

But since the Switch is region-free - I can import a copy from the US? Will I have to change my eShop to get RE2 as I remember hearing somewhere that it's a download?

Ugh. Capcpom! Why is this is so annoying!

dragonlife

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love reading RE threads and seeing how damn different everyone feels about some entries, haha.

In the case of Revelations, I definitely prefer 2 over 1 by miles, at least in terms of gameplay, characters, story, and tension (on Veteran as your first playthrough).

1 has the better soundtrack for sure, but 2 has some gems. Seriously, 1's OST is magnificent, and might be one of the most beautiful RE soundtracks.

I also wish I could have the variety of 1's raid mode with 2's medallion system in 2, because I never felt compelled to replay 1's campaign, and 1's raid mode is what padded my play time in that game. 2's campaign is just so much more enjoyable because it controls better for me, but the raid mode is very repetitive.

It's a conundrum.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Love both of these games. LOVE!

But I read the OP and I'm not sure I understand: what's the US price for both games together?

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Coolio, are both good games?

I finished Revelations 1 yesterday and I'm half way through Revelations 2.

Rev 1 is generic and bland with a laughably bad script and equally poor voice work, it feels more like a cop buddy comedy than a survival horror game, the gameplay is OK but quite clunky by modern standards, the visuals are very hit and miss with some awful textures in places, and the enemy design is awful, they look like Unity store assets. Rev 2 is considerably better in every aspect, the voice work is top notch, the visuals are greatly improved, the gameplay feels much better, the mob design is a million times more interesting and varied, and the game is actually atmospheric and "scary", it feels like a survival horror game. Plus there's many more subtle improvements people may have missed playing the games years apart (like the doors not being constantly slammed in your face, or the game being split into 5 minutes chunks).

So far Rev 2 is my favourite modern RE game, other than RE7 which was incredible.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I love the atmosphere in Rev 1. The ship is such an awesome location. Great art direction and music too.

Rev 2 is probaby my overall favorite, though. Such loveable characters. Tons of heart.