Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
-Snyder makes Man of Steel and it's decent but not without controversial choices. Great casting. Maybe the sequels will be better.
WB PANICS AND WANTS SOME OF THAT AVENGERS PIE
-Snyder is forced to make BvS rather than a standalone sequel to further grow the Superman character and WB neuters it's already overly complicated plot (because Snyder has to shove an MCU worth of films into one to introduce both Batman and WW) into a mess. Ultimate Cut is better but still, what could've been if they had been allowed to give the characters their own individual films first.
-WB POOPS ITSELF AND RECUTS SUICIDE SQUAD TO HELL, FINAL PRODUCT IS AN INCOHERENT MESS
-Snyder is going ham on his JL when WB PANICS AND WANTS SOME OF THAT AVENGERS JUICE and is replaced for Justice League because Whedons hahas are better than Snyder's (at least thematically consistent) murderverse
-JL IS TRASH
- Well, there's another version of the movie mostly done and so, out of curiosity, perhaps respect to the creators and actors, and because Snyder's movies were enjoyable to some, some fans want it Released

If you're laying everything at WB's feet, issue #1 was "Hiring Zack Snyder to head up their cinematic universe."

Snyder could have made a passable Spectre or Hawkman movie or something. Hiring him not only to do Superman, but to establish the tone and themes of the entire franchise was crazy pants.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very confused about this whole thing. The timeline of events is:
-Snyder makes Man of Steel and everyone hates it
-Snyder makes BvS and everyone hates it
-Snyder is replaced for Justice League
-Snyder hasn't made anything since and people still seem to hate his movies
-People demand Snyder returns to the DCEU

Can someone explain this?
Just to clarify, the reason Snyder was replaced for JL was because his daughter died during the production so he was unable to continue it. It had nothing to do with the reception of MoS and BvS

cloudzack117

Oct 25, 2017
Man of Steel is my favorite Superman movie and is up there for my favorite super hero movies in general. BvS was kind of butchered at first but the ultimate edition made it pretty good. I think people forgot that thematically MoS-BvS-JL was supposed to be a trilogy, not some movies that are slightly interconnected like the MCU films are. I'm happy that we at least get to see Snyder's original vision for JL despite so many people straight up hating the guy for reasons.

Also, what was it that caused this site to despise Snyder so much? Was it 300 for being too masculine? Sucker Punch for being too fan servicy? Did Snyder say some right leaning things in the past? This must be how it is for the people who like last Jedi lol

Jan 4, 2021
If you're laying everything at WB's feet, issue #1 was "Hiring Zack Snyder to head up their cinematic universe."

Snyder could have made a passable Spectre or Hawkman movie or something. Hiring him not only to do Superman, but to establish the tone and themes of the entire franchise was crazy pants.

Fair enough. I don't think a couple of disagreeable Snyder movies would've been enough to tank a whole DCEU though, they could've been the "Thor 2" movies of DCEU. A couple of movies that establishes a universe and cast that has room to grow under more talented directors and writers. Their hamfisted course corrections were painful to watch though as they flushed what could've been a good movie universe down the drain.

OP
OP
residentgrigo

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Justice League was supposed to be a 2 part film before the rewrites due to the reception of (TC) BvS cloudzack117. Even the "less scary" changed film Snyder ended up shooting thereafter was build with a continuation in mind but not with a crazy cliffhanger like the total 3rd act wipeout in the unfilmed(-ish) script.
What we will get soon is a bit of everything minus anything by Whedon and most to all of the studio mandates but you will have to read my past breakdowns in the DCEU OT3 to catch up. Regardless of that. We will soon have a not-quite-trilogy of cape films that is as consistent in tone and style as movies can get. Graft on (DC) Watchmen and you suddenly have this decade+ one-man vision for DC that was allowed to exist against all odds. That's how you end up with a fanbase.

TSC was supposed to only get minimal funding in November 2019 to get the about 150 minutes long May 2017 cut finished but Zack and Debbie put WB on hold for 2 months and made a killer pitch in from of the WB/DC brass to flesh out the fairly different and obviously longer 214-minute cut. Snyder was shooting 2 films at once in 2016. Kinda. One for WB and one for himself. TSC will cost 70+ million as we are getting the Snydest Cut of the 214 version. Covid further delayed the film.
You have to spend money to make money and WB is investing. So is Netflix. Even I am surprised by the amount of Snyder productions that will come out by the end of 2022 and how much control he has over those projects. He even returned to be a camera operator. Snyder is living his dream creatively. Hopefully soon on HBO Max.
6DQNoT2iCyjzgPnteYRVLYsqVLaDQRkONsz3kykBHF8.jpg
7172b2_8da1b1d5872d447c8ac9af885dbfd910~mv2.webp

The film is lastly both named Zack Snyder's Justice League and JL: Director's Cut. Both shoes fit. That´s all there is to it but ZSJL is the primary title.

OP
OP
residentgrigo

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
A glimpse inside TheAyerCut from David Ayer´s instagram. He decided to join a fan event today. How nice. Note that he recorded from a monitor.

#ReleaseTheAyerCut is trending today btw. As it should. Watch this fanbase push a mountain uphill this year.

Edit: Diablo also joined again.

Last edited: