• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh blimey. Didn't realise this coming for PS4. Can't get this till at least after I finish Outer Wilds.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When this came out on PC I really liked the look of it but wasn't sure I'd be able to commit to that much PC time to play it, a Switch version sound like a great way to chip away at this though. Will add to my watch list!

Deleted member 1659

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed this game. It's a puzzle game but they're not typical video game puzzles - ie: rip hair off a cat and glue it to your face to try and gain entry into exclusive night club. A lot of it you can solve with logical deduction and having general knowledge of history and geography. For instance, I figured out the name of one guy because I recognized that his tattoos were of a certain country's origin. I recognized another set of sailors based on their clothes being specific to a country of the time period the game was set in. The lack of "video game logic" is actually quite refreshing and this game actually rewards you for having knowledge of world history, other languages and geography.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I was wrestling with getting it on Switch or PS4, landed on PS4 only to discover that it's €24 on EU PSN. So I will probably get it on Switch instead after reading up on the quality of the port. Got Outer Wilds instead on PS4 for now after checking if that price was appropriate. I don't trust Sony with some of their prices which might be mistakes or cash grabs.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was wrestling with getting it on Switch or PS4, landed on PS4 only to discover that it's €24 on EU PSN. So I will probably get it on Switch instead after reading up on the quality of the port. Got Outer Wilds instead on PS4 for now after checking if that price was appropriate. I don't trust Sony with some of their prices which might be mistakes or cash grabs.

What has Sony to do with this?

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
What has Sony to do with this?

If it's €20 on Switch, €20 on Xbox and €24 on PS4, who else is to blame? Plus, Sony EU has made pricing errors in the past on release dates, and I don't trust them to refund easily and transparently.
I suffered from one of those mistakes in the past and it took quite a bit of research to find out if I got a refund because there was zero communication.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So this costs different amounts on each platform. So weird!

Xbox One £16.74
Switch £17.99
PS4 £18.99

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
On Switch there's a 'Visuals' option.

Sharp gives you a windowed view of the game but at 60fps

Smooth is a lower frame rate but full screen.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Very strongly considering double dipping even though there isnt much replay value, just because I love this game so much.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
How long is the game? Should I be able to knock it out over a weekend?

Sure, took me an entire day to finish it, probably around 13 to 15hs. I remember I went to bed because it was late and I had to work the day after, I couldn't stop thinking about those last unsolved cases and suddenly I got the right clue in my mind, got up and keep playing, took me 2hs to complete and then I slept 2hs before work lol, worth it.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Any impressions on how it runs on Switch?

(my bar is low BTW, I just care that it's playable)

Drakken

Oct 28, 2017
Have been waiting for the Switch release; very excited to experience this after hearing so many glowing impressions back when it originally came out.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
AMAZING game. Loved every minute of it and I HIGHLY suggest to not use any guide for it. It makes the mystery that much more worthwhile. Hands down one of the best indie titles I've ever played.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Knew nothing about this game, went in completely blind. About an hour in and I'm already beyond hooked.

This is an incredible game.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Very much looking forward to this! I had planned on going with the Switch version but trophies on PS4 could be fun so I'm leaning that direction now. Hoping to start sometime this weekend after I finish up my current grounded run in TLoU.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Utterly incredible game that I can't recommend enough.

I originally beat it over a weekend because I couldn't put it down. Don't have an exact hour number but I spent a few hours on Saturday night really badly stuck on the last few people. So I went to bed, woke up, got in the shower and as I stood there I just put it all together. Ran out and finished the game as soon as I was done, lol.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
This was my game of the year on PC last year. I don't think it's something I would play a second time, but am interested in seeing how it looks on the Switch.
It starts out easy enough, but I recommend you prepare to take notes if you are going for 100% completion. I have several pages of notes and a big mind map from when I was trying to figure it all out in the end, and loved every minute of it.
Highly recommended, even at full price.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I just bought outer wilds yesterday and have been waiting for this to come out for PS4 since the splitscreen peps loved both of them. So of course I played tlou multiplayer last night past midnight instead of starting outer wilds.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh it was definitely easy at first but as someone who's really not good with remembering names this might be pretty tough.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
I, too, am jealous of those experiencing this for the first time, especially those going in completely blind.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Utterly incredible game that I can't recommend enough.

I originally beat it over a weekend because I couldn't put it down. Don't have an exact hour number but I spent a few hours on Saturday night really badly stuck on the last few people. So I went to bed, woke up, got in the shower and as I stood there I just put it all together. Ran out and finished the game as soon as I was done, lol.

I lay in bed thinking about it, cross referencing things in my head and seeing the scenes in my head because I spent so much staring at those scenes.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think I like this... but I don't really get the puzzle solving 30 minutes in. I just zoom in on people and corpses and get teleported to different events and then follow some mist and discover a 'hidden' corpse and teleported to another one before I wrap my head around the previous one.

I see what it's going for and I have already deduced a few things but I can already see myself getting really confused.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I think I like this... but I don't really get the puzzle solving 30 minutes in. I just zoom in on people and corpses and get teleported to different events and then follow some mist and discover a 'hidden' corpse and teleported to another one before I wrap my head around the previous one.

I see what it's going for and I have already deduced a few things but I can already see myself getting really confused.

The puzzle solving is primarily about figuring out who is who from the various context clues in each memory.

May 5, 2018
Buy this game if you didn't have a gaming PC last year y'all! Its one of the most ingenious puzzle/mystery games ever created and I hope it gets more love on consoles.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Think of it like murder Sudoku: you can't fill in all the boxes yet, but once you get a view of the bigger picture and solve the simplest cases (which aren't necessarily the ones you see first), then you can start working on filling in the blanks through deduction, familiar faces and process of elimination.

Otherist

Oct 27, 2017
England
Played like four straight hours of it today. The loop of finding more clues and uncovering the story is very addictive.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The puzzle solving is primarily about figuring out who is who from the various context clues in each memory.
Think of it like murder Sudoku: you can't fill in all the boxes yet, but once you get a view of the bigger picture and solve the simplest cases (which aren't necessarily the ones you see first), then you can start working on filling in the blanks through deduction, familiar faces and process of elimination.

Thanks you two. I'll keep at it I'm just surprised is all that it's structured like this.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
man, this is the second time I'm going through Obra Dinn (this time on PS4) and it's still a lot of fun figuring things out

sure, I remember 15 people exactly, but part of the fun is when i get down to the nitty gritty getting those other roles solved that still feels so satisfying

it's weird that this is working good for a replay when The Witness didn't. I love The Witness, and probably still like it more that Obra Dinn, but because The Witness has hard-engraved it's rules into my head it's just not as fun to replay.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Just got to the part where
Cosmic Horror spiders show up out of nowhere and I fucking love it

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
from reddit

"Just started playing. Seemed very polished, solid framerate, but strangely enough it did give me a bit of a headache"

Oh no, I tried playing the demo on my MacBook and it made me feel sick. Usually happens to me with PC games where the FOV is wide, and is ok when they port it to consoles. But if its still like that in the Switch port I might have to skip it.

Sucks because most FPS games are fine for me. Just some random ones make me feel ill now. Like even though I played a ton of DOOM as a kid, watching a Giant Bomb stream of it recently, I got really hot and dizzy and felt like I was going to die after about an hour, I think this is the same thing.

kVH2LpZd

Apr 3, 2019
How are the controls?
I thought it was somehow Point and Click which I would prefer to do with a mouse rather than a Controller.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I officially feel kinda stuck and overwhelmed. I've gotten all the memories but only like a handful of fates correct (like 12 or 15).

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I officially feel kinda stuck and overwhelmed. I've gotten all the memories but only like a handful of fates correct (like 12 or 15).

One thing you can do is check to see which memories a victim was present in prior to their death. Sometimes you can find a clue to their identity based on what they're doing or who they hang around with.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
One thing you can do is check to see which memories a victim was present in prior to their death. Sometimes you can find a clue to their identity based on what they're doing or who they hang around with.

My main issue is that after the officers, stewards, formosans and women I really haven't found any clues about anyone else. I've sorta been trying to look for common uniforms or who is hanging out with whom but it's kinda tricky. I'm not really asking for any spoilers or anything but I can see this getting fairly frustrating.

If I leave the boat without finding everybody's fate does that end the game? Or does that open up the sealed chapter?