• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is Returnal a good name?

• Yes

Votes: 616 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 568 32.5%
  • ayy lmao

Votes: 562 32.2%

• Total voters

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Umm wow this looks super dope! I'm expecting this to be big for the team...also really like how the devs update us directly through PS5 like this.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Returnal-PS5.gif

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
I straight up thought it was House Marquee until that video and only now realize marquee is obviously spelled with 2 e's, but their name has only one. 🤦‍♂️

Footage looks cool!

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Housemarque has never let me down, in fact I have loved or very much enjoyed every game they have released, so I'll be there on Day 1 simply to say thanks to them.
It also helps I think the game looks pretty damn intriguing no doubt, but I do support devs on blind faith that I've always enjoyed their games.

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
This looks damn good and my jam was randomly going through my back catalogue on ps5 and started playing dead nation again totally didn't realise that was housemarque! But makes so much sense! still fun :)

next up is Nex Machina (thanks egs) on my CX bring on returnal! PS. I low key get Jet Force Gemini vibes from returnal which I'm all for!!)

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Bummed we didn't get another stellar launch day game from Housemarque, but this looks to be worth the wait. Name doesn't bother me.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is going to kick ass. I was worried the studio was moving away from action games like this, but it appears that won't be the case.

Knuf

Oct 28, 2017
Not gonna lie, being a Housemarque fanboy since the good old Amiga days, I bought a PS5 primarily for this, just like I bought a PS4 at launch only for Resogun.
Except for the mild disappointment that was Matterfall, these guys never let me down.
Can't wait.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just stopped by to say this game looked fucking incredible in that trailer last night. It went from "a game on my radar" to "a game I'm incredibly hyped for".

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
This really looks like potentially the best straight action third person shooter since vanquish. I just hope there's not too much padding and story bullshit.

But this is absolutely the game that makes me want to go out and get a PS5. Nex Machina and Resogun are masterpieces.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
ehh i am excited for this game, but it looks like a 50$ game, not full price. Ohh well by the time I get a PS5 it won't be anyhow.

jonasvutt

Jan 17, 2018
When they announced Matterfall with that CG trailer, THIS is what I was expecting.

This looks fantastic. Any word on co-op?

Oct 27, 2017
Looks really cool.

It also looks like it might be one of the first showcases of where the combination of fast loading and activity cards really makes sense.

jobboy

Mar 24, 2018
Nice but this is definitely not a 60fps gameplay to me it's a good motion blurred 30 fps game

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
I'm saying the game isn't worth $70. I will buy it at that price. But this thing is going to totally tank, which is a complete shame. Hope I'm wrong.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
ehh i am excited for this game, but it looks like a 50$ game, not full price. Ohh well by the time I get a PS5 it won't be anyhow.
for the amount of sheer replay value I've gotten from the last 6 or 7 of their games, I feel like I've been seriously underpaying them for the privilege at $10-15 a piece, because full price games that deliver the kind of endless hours-upon-hours fun I get out of Housemarque games are few and far between. This *might* help balance the ledgers. If anything looks like a "full price" game it's the one coming from a developer who has established a solid pedigree for delivering countless hours of entertainment with impeccable gameplay design and high technical skill.

Besides, everybody needs to stop obsessing so much over the Day 1 price. The digital market is giving games a much longer "shelf" time leading to much longer and higher sales after the initial launch period. Discounts are plentiful, so buy it when it hits the price you're comfortable with.

Last edited:

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
for the amount of sheer replay value I've gotten from the last 6 or 7 of their games, I feel like I've been seriously underpaying them for the privilege at $10-15 a piece, because full price games that deliver the kind of endless hours-upon-hours fun I get out of Housemarque games are few and far between. This *might* help balance the ledgers. If anything looks like a "full price" game it's the one coming from a developer who has established a solid pedigree for delivering countless hours of entertainment with impeccable gameplay design and high technical skill.

Besides, everybody needs to stop obsessing so much over the Day 1 price. The digital market is giving games a much longer "shelf" time leading to much longer and higher sales after the initial launch period. Discounts are plentiful, so buy it when it hits the price you're comfortable with.
Oh I agree, that i got my total money's worth out of their games before, just saying this doesn't seem like a 70$ game.