• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Yeah... no. "Censorship" lmao. Twitter kicking your ass to the curb because you violate their TOS is not censorship you dumbfuck. Trump could have easily not incited violence and insurrection and he would still have Twitter privileges.

Time for Capcom to dump this clown.
The worst is Twitter has been called out enough to not doing anything at all about him while he violates TOS multiple times. They did it at the easiest time (like Facebook), it is such a coward move. They are turning their back because he lost. It's pathetic.

But the focus is about censorship! This world is so fucked.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
wow, reuben sure sounds like a pile of shit.
Damn, I'm really hoping capcom dumps his ass but their toothless response doesn't leave me with much confidence.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Vegeta tried to be better. Vergil is just given a free pass.
No. Vergil literally had zero idea he had a son, and Dante (as well as Nero) calls him out on his shit. Not to mention when Vergil is restored he's very grateful to Nero, before even knowing he was his son.

Level 7 Boss

Jun 19, 2018
We all know there will be no consequences for these tweets or his previous bigoted views. The hypocrisy of the industry is what I can't stand, one minute devs and publishers were tweeting anti-racism messages yet it is just faux solidarity, when it's time to take action, call out bullshit and effect change there's silence. Commercial interests trumps all.

Fuck Reuben and anyone that continues to use him and his studio.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
The thing that bothers me most is this is a VOCAL ASSHOLE. We probably have dozens of fucksticks that wouldn't dare post this shit in an open forum.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In the case of DQ, SE does not own the franchise but rather Yuji Horii if I'm not mistaken and I believe that Sugiyama has some financial stake in the franchise as well.

Sugiyama will be around until he dies, sadly.
SE at least have some stake in Dragon Quest: the copyright for DQXI lists them for example, and in Smash Ultimate they are solely credited for character ownership.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really hope Capcom and Naughty Dog don't buy this backpedaling.
No. Vergil literally had zero idea he had a son, and Dante (as well as Nero) calls him out on his shit. Not to mention when Vergil is restored he's very grateful to Nero, before even knowing he was his son.
You know, after the whole "killed thousands of people, cut of his sons arm, and opened a portal to hell for the second time" thing. All of which his "punishment" is a light slap on the wrist from Nero and getting to spend time doing what he was already doing with his brother.

Dude absolutely got a free pass.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
His response is basically "Nuh uh I don't know how people could misinterpret what I said even though I literally said everything I am now denying! (Plugs ears) lah lah lah"

Fuck this idiot and may he receive a swift death by a thousand cuts (or tweets or firings). Seriously studios need to step up.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
They'll care when people stop buying their products as a result.
No, they will care if it becomes a PR nightmare that makes their efforts to promote their products harder. Sales by themselves can atributed to a ton of things so what is important is to never let them forget about this, remind them any time they promote new shit done with Reuben.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
His response is basically "Nuh uh I don't know how people could misinterpret what I said even though I literally said everything I am now denying! (Plugs ears) lah lah lah"

Fuck this idiot and may he receive a swift death by a thousand cuts (or tweets or firings). Seriously studios need to step up.
And even then, he didn't address the original problematic part (see the title of this thread). Hell, he doubled down on it.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Today, I leaned the word 'douchecanoe', and it even came with a handy definition.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
goddammit really need to let us change the voice language in Smash, per character, independent of the text/system language.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
:( obviously all of it is terrible but the islamophobia personally hurts. Don't think I can support capcom games with him in it.

Oct 28, 2017
Czech Republic
Do not know where to post it... but I was expecting that based on the recent events such people from developers will come out. This is not particulary revealing as this person was shit long time ago but here is Daniel Vavra from Ironhorse praising Parler and talking about censorship.

Translated from his Czech facebook (I am Czech):

"So, Parler, the only successful non censoring social network, is gone from Apple Store, Google Play and they are under threat being kicked from Amazon servers. Twitter and facebook are doing massive purges. CNN requests Fox news to be cancelled. Great. Liberal democracy at its finest. What is anarchocapitalist solution?"

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Vegeta tried to be better. Vergil is just given a free pass.

Really hope Capcom and Naughty Dog don't buy this backpedaling.

You know, after the whole "killed thousands of people, cut of his sons arm, and opened a portal to hell for the second time" thing. All of which his "punishment" is a light slap on the wrist from Nero and getting to spend time doing what he was already doing with his brother.

Dude absolutely got a free pass.

Vergil's thing in 5 is his massive inferiority complex towards Dante. By the end he has to concede that he's a (colossal) loser. Last time he ran away into the underworld to fight Mundus. This time he joins Dante in cutting down the Qliphoth and seal themselves off in the underworld. He got off easy, but it's wrong to say he got a free pass. I don't even like 5's story and even I got as much.

Anyway, this is getting pretty off-topic.

DMC6 should be about Nero and a female char (Lucia/Lady/Trish/Dante's daughter) anyway.

Last edited:

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Vergil's thing in 5 is his massive inferiority complex towards Dante. By the end he has to concede that he's a (colossal) loser. Last time he ran away into the underworld to fight Mundus. This time he joins Dante in cutting down the Qliphoth and seal themselves off in the underworld. He got off easy, but it's wrong to say he got a free pass. I don't even like 5's story and even I got as much.

DMC6 should be about Nero and a female char (Lucia/Lady/Trish/Dante's daughter) anyway.
The fun part is it doesn't matter. His bit in 5 implies...he would have just won and helped anyway. His inferiority complex was largely pointless. Even more so that nero is just stronger than both of them. Dante and Vergil are both weirdo loosers who need to see a therapist and I love them deeply.

So he kinda just wanted to be beat up dante. Which is funny sad and a whole bunch of things. Of topic

On topic

This is wild unfortunate. But not new and unexpected, but I don't expect him to not get jobs because of the studio the guy has.

SykoTech

Dec 23, 2020
BS "both sides" response as expected. Hopefully other media outlets chime in/stay on his ass, but I won't hold my breath.

This is what I want. DMC5's my favorite in the series, but it did the girls dirty. A new female character adopting Dante's weapon/style switching gameplay would be awesome. Giving Lady or Lucia some spotlight would be great as well.

A Nero solo game? Eh. I like Nero, but I'm not sure if I want an entire game with his playstyle alone. Not unless they want to finally give him some weapon switching at the very least. A whole DMC game with the same gun and sword doesn't sound that appealing. Especially after 5.

As for Ken...never really cared for him to be honest. I'd be okay with the suggestion early to replace him with Sean. Not going to happen though.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

I've always wanted them to bring Lucia back and put her in a good game. Loved her design.

Lucia.%28DMC%29.full.266897.jpg

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately he owns the biggest mocap studio in gaming. LOTS of company's ranging from capcom to from to naughty dog to others use it.

They don't want to lose access to it.

Soooo yeahhh idk

How come a big studio can't spend the money to make their own mocap studio a la Lucas film creating their own "Volume"?

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
BS "both sides" response as expected. Hopefully other media outlets chime in/stay on his ass, but I won't hold my breath.
Sadly, VGC folded & changed their title. Others have yet to run the story, but I won't be surprised if Eurogamer did since they were on Reuben's ass about what he said back in 2019.

How come a big studio can't spend the money to make their own mocap studio a la Lucas film creating their own "Volume"?
Capcom already did. And as mentioned by someone else in this thread, RE3make showed that Capcom is starting to move away from Just Cause Productions. DMC5:SE still used the place, but that's by extension of Reuben's involvement & 5 originally going there.

X-Factor

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Dismissing rhetoric that is racist and downplays the attempted insurrection of the US government, account in junior phase
Who cares? Even if that is his opinion and he should not have to be 100% politically correct with how he thinks.

That's the problem with cancel culture, anything that is not a100% politically correct statement or opinion gets scrutinized to death.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Who cares? Even if that is his opinion and he should not have to be 100% politically correct with how he thinks.
This can't honestly be your take, could it? He's using his platform to spread harmful & bigoted conspiracy theories & beliefs. He claimed that people fighting against racial injustice are the same as a bunch of sore losers radicalized by a terrible human being.

That's the problem with cancel culture, anything that is not a 100% politically correct statement or opinion gets scrutinized to death.
If a person uses their platform to spread bigotry & harmful rhetoric, they shouldn't have their platform at all.

X-Factor

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Some of the people in those protests were burning down their own city and destroying or robbing stores.
He is definitely not doing that despite what his opinion on the subject is.

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
Breaking in, vandalizing a restricted government building while assaulting and killing a cop in the process is not loitering. How can anybody, regardless of their political views, can be so stupidly blind and morally despicable??

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer

That's the problem with cancel culture, anything that is not a100% politically correct statement or opinion gets scrutinized to death.
This has nothing whatsoever to do with political correctness, and "cancel culture" still isn't actually a thing, but go off I guess

SykoTech

Dec 23, 2020
Sadly, VGC folded & changed their title. Others have yet to run the story, but I won't be surprised if Eurogamer did since they were on Reuben's ass about what he said back in 2019.

Welp, guess it's a good thing that I wasn't holding my breath anyway...

Amazing how a failed coup attempt over false allegations of a "stolen election" are somehow comparable to oppressed people fighting for the very lives of their men, women, and even children. Whataboutism in a nutshell I guess.

Oct 27, 2017
Do not know where to post it... but I was expecting that based on the recent events such people from developers will come out. This is not particulary revealing as this person was shit long time ago but here is Daniel Vavra from Ironhorse praising Parler and talking about censorship.

Translated from his Czech facebook (I am Czech):

"So, Parler, the only successful non censoring social network, is gone from Apple Store, Google Play and they are under threat being kicked from Amazon servers. Twitter and facebook are doing massive purges. CNN requests Fox news to be cancelled. Great. Liberal democracy at its finest. What is anarchocapitalist solution?"
Yeah this guy has been this way for a very long while.

I felt even better about Mafia 1 remake after I heard he hated it. I loved the game and the fact he was mad about it felt good.
I've always wanted them to bring Lucia back and put her in a good game. Loved her design.

Lucia.%28DMC%29.full.266897.jpg
Agreed.

She has tons of potential and I hate that she is stuck in DMC2.

"Who cares"

Actually, tons of people care and if you don't care then you can fuck off with these opinions. Reuben's views are disgusting and so are you for sharing them.

Good riddance.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This guy sucks.

I expect Capcom to keep using him, though, sadly.
Yeah, I sadly expect the likes of Capcom & Naughty Dog to just keep plugging their ears and continue to work with him, despite it being hypocrisy towards their desire for more diversity (though it should be noted that both have a history of issues regarding representing minorities, even though Capcom is internally pushing to do better).

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Always funny to see someone who made the effort of entering and posting in a thread asking, "Who cares?".