• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ingueferroque

Dec 26, 2023
New York, NY
Dead Souls would need so much more work than just a remaster and I'm pretty sure the game is internally considered kind of an embarrassment (it's one of the main reasons the series almost died in the west before 0), so I'm not sure they'd want to put the level of effort into it that it would require to become a playable modern game.

What about the two PSP games? I'll take those!

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Companions aren't in substories in IW either.

That's a shame, that was the main thing I was hoping they'd improve on. I suppose it must have been done that way so they didn't have to account for who was in your party at the time, like how your companion in FFXVI disappears in side quests.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
An april fool's prank is where they announced LAD7 would be a turn-based game.
They teased the turn-based gameplay on April Fools, it wasn't confirmed until a few months later. Everybody at the time assumed the footage was an elaborate April Fool's joke until RGG Studio said otherwise.

Anyway, based on that my guess from Monday is a concept of a Like a Dragon fighter that turns out to be the basis for VF6 that'll get announced later this year.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Nov 19, 2019
I once again hold unreasonable hope for a Yakuza 1.5 that actually shows Kiryu during his peak Yakuza days in the 90s gaining his reputation as the Dragon of Dojima, combined with a Godfather Part II-esque parralel storyline of Shintaro Kazama during the late 70s/early 80s scrappily winning territory for the Dojima family.

I'll never not call "bullshit" on their claim they only implemented the RPG battle system in less than 9 months after seeing fan reaction to this trailer. Far too much of the game and story is tied around it.

But if it allowed them to reveal to the bosses "look, the fans love it, and it just so happens that...." then more power to them.
I think they did eventually come out and say it was indeed bullshit.

And history repeats in the sequel.
Joongi got shafted so fucking hard. The game is almost over and that's when he shows up?
still my fave in both games 😍

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Haruka Gaiden where she runs an after school dance program and tries to build the best team for a big national competition, you also play Haruto going on errands and going to school. Rhythm style gameplay for Haruka, brawler style for Haruto.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Bro, I love ResetEra.

You all are gonna be so disappointed when they announce a new t-shirt design for their online shop on Monday

And then announce that the t-shirt announcement was an April Fools hoke

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
I always figured that Ichiban would be a good vehicle for a fantasy spin-off. With knights and castles and dragons. Take the Dragon Quest inspiration all the way to the zenith.

Yup, I figured they'd do something like Ichiban getting Isekai'd after getting ran over by a truck. He meets people he recognize in the fantasy world.

To kind of juxtapose Kiryu in Historical Japan.

Could be a fun way to use the characters.

tejinashi

Dec 23, 2022
Hmm, I think we're getting a little carried away, surely. It just seems like a regular show they have, not where a major release would be showcased.

Hopefully I'm wrong though.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So not Judgment 3 but 3 Kiwami. Sounds good to me
Your still thinking too big. Even Kiwami 2 was announced at a specified RGGS event, not a random Youtube stream. Heck, even that shitshow of an Ishin remake got a SOP AND RGGS summit for its announcement, so Kiwami 3 (should it exist) aint getting announced on one of these lol.

As usual, this thread is setting themselves up for disappointment...

Fowler

Oct 26, 2017
The red flag wasn't the substories, IIRC the last two party members barely had any participation in cutscenes, as if they weren't originally meant to be in the party at first.

It's funny, I get that, but at the same time...

idk, there was something about Zhou's overall design that screamed to me "this dude's in the party, he's not just an NPC," so it was funny that you had to wait ages for him to join.

Otoh, I was convinced Seonhee was the Geomijul party member and not Joongi!

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
it's gonna be another April Fools prank but this time it will be a Yakuza FPS which will then become LaD9

RPG

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Always love when April 1st falls on a Monday. Perfect confluence of new fiscal year announcements mixed with inanity…

tejinashi

Dec 23, 2022
Just over an hour until this starts. Assuming it will be Japanese language only, but I'm gonna keep an eye on it.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
If it was an announcement of a new game, we'd be getting dual language streams. The days of just Japan streams for game announcements are over, meaning, this is gonna be a nothing burger. Hopefully we'll get a new Judgement/real time combat entry someday.

Also, "Final Judgment" is a real thing, so it'd be a fitting name for a game entry, but I sure as shit don't want a final entry already. I want it to last decades just like LAD.

Oct 25, 2017
Not expecting anything here, they haven't been doing big announcements on RGGTV for a long time now. At most we'd get what the previous poster said or a very brief hint at what the next game will be.

tejinashi

Dec 23, 2022
Yeah, was nothing much. Apparently Masayoshi Yokoyama made an announcement about auditions opening for a new game, but of course would not say the IP.

And I think that was it.