• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
jIFM3sT.gif

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
Very sad about this.

I hope it is not true, but film twitter as been very noisy about this for the past few hours.

I understand people did not like TLJ , I was not one of those people.

But if the vitriol and hate really caused him to leave his trilogy, then the fans should be absolutely ashamed.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will wait until someone other than superbrosmovies (who?) confirms it.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm going to laugh at so many people if this is true. So many people here were so cocky about this.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure a good chunk of SW fans are excited by this news but Rian is good shit. TLJ backlash is so overdone.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Starwarsgaters won if this is true.

But I don't believe this. It might've gotten scaled back, but I don't think it's a downright cancellation.

Edit: whelp

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Also the OP Title is clickbait. No one is saying the trilogy is cancelled. The story is that Rian has left the project.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Was really looking forward to his own take on a trilogy, being able to use his own characters and map out his own character arcs

Shame that people will celebrate over this, whats even left on the star wars movie slate now ?

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Oh this thread is just going to be insufferable, isn't it?

I hope it's not true, I would like to see more of what Rian Johnson can do with his own saga.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
Was really looking forward to his own take on a trilogy, being able to use his own characters and map out his own character arcs

Shame that people will celebrate over this, whats even left on the star wars movie slate now ?

Game of Thrones Writers/Creators have their movies.

But other than that....... Not much else.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The writting was on the wall following the Last Jedi and Kathleen's relatively short re-up term and RJ confirming another project.

The issue isn't even his take as you can do interesting things with that, it's his judgement, tone, pacing, and over all directing abilities and how they mesh with the product. I had more faith in him being able to do his own trilogy but he's also not the guy I would ever give a SW trilogy to.

Starwarsgaters won if this is true.

But I don't believe this. It might've gotten scaled back, but I don't think it's a downright cancellation.

Edit: whelp

Alt Right StarWars hatters are morons but there is plenty of legitimate issues with TLJ and RJs handling of the property. Beyond the terrible people gaters are and the very real damage they do and have done across society, it's a shame that 'gaters' became a smoke screen to disarm legitimate discourse about the film.

Last edited:

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I would have been curious to see him make his own trilogy.

I hated TLJ, but it was beautifuly shot and he did have things he wanted to say within this universe.

BluePigGanon

Oct 27, 2017
I love TLJ but was always a little suspect of both Johnson AND D&D having trilogies in the works. That seemed weirdly ambitious, especially after Solo floundered. I can't help but think Disney/Kennedy looked at both proposals and decided to pick the one that seemed strongest/safest.

Status
Not open for further replies.