• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

malcolmx

Banned
May 20, 2018
wi1QIgG.jpg
Well you nailed it so hope you're happy.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Was hoping for something other than a shooter from them. I sure hope they are smart enough to carry over League characters that already have appeal. I'm assuming Jhin, Lucian, Jinx, Miss Fortune, Graves, Caitlyn should all be in this.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping for something other than a shooter from them. I sure hope they are smart enough to carry over League characters that already have appeal. I'm assuming Jhin, Lucian, Jinx, Miss Fortune, Graves, Caitlyn should all be in this.
There's been other things than a shooter though? A card game, fighting game, mobile game, arpg...

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CSGO with abilities will either be cool or a disaster. As a tactical shooter fan I would hate it to die because some had their instabil ultimate ready, or something like that.

Yep. Character balance is a huge factor for this one. Getting that right and getting the shooting right is a tall order. Hope they can pull it off.

Huh? What fighting game and ARPG? Do you have a link with some gameplay?

They didn't show much of either of them, but there are small bits in this video.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Yep. Character balance is a huge factor for this one. Getting that right and getting the shooting right is a tall order. Hope they can pull it off.

They didn't show much of either of them, but there are small bits in this video.

Oh wow, this was the first thread I clicked on and didn't see the others talking about this as well. I'm pretty excited to see where they are taking these games.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
This looks weird mix to cater to CSGO players, Overwatch players and LoL players. Usually doesnt really work.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Who gives a shit what they make when they treat their employees like shit. Have people forgotten?

It also looks a weird mix of Overwatch and CS:GO ugh. For Riot it's really ugly.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From what we've seen, this game is nothing like Overwatch. Don't really understand why all the comparisons keep popping up. It has a big focus on individual skill whereas OW is focused on team counterplay.

If people are unable to separate the term "hero shooter" from Overwatch and go into this game expecting a similar experience, they're going to have a really bad day.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far as it basically seems like what I wanted Overwatch to be; which is a shooter with hero abilties instead of the MOBA from a first-person perspective. Based on the wording in that reveal trailer they definitely seem to target the CS audience. Hell that last clip might as well be from CS:GO with added abilities.

I did chuckle at that "hacker detected, match terminated" screen. Kudos if they actually manage to make that sort of thing work though. Cautiously optimistic!

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
From what we've seen, this game is nothing like Overwatch. Don't really understand why all the comparisons keep popping up. It has a big focus on individual skill whereas OW is focused on team counterplay.

If people are unable to separate the term "hero shooter" from Overwatch and go into this game expecting a similar experience, they're going to have a really bad day.

I think it could cater to OW players but only those who like to play heroes with high mechanical skill ... so very few of them these days. It definitely doesn't look like an arena shooter.

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
its gonna be a pve game, also fuck blizzard

I'm really curious about this one, seems to tick all the good boxes for me

Surely theres going to be pvp as well. And nah not fuck Blizzard, I dont give a fuck about politics I'm here to talk about games and they make some of the best games on the market.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Despite the bland as fuck artstyle, CSGO meets Overwatch sounds really intriguing.

I wanted to like Overwatch but I hated that insanely long TTK.

Corralx

Aug 23, 2018
London, UK
CS:GO with abilities sounds like something I really don't want.
CS:GO is a perfect game for me.
If only Valve still gave a shit about it and actually worked to fix the long standing issues.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This looks shockingly unappealing. I get that this is not a final product, but they probably should have kept to some teaser images until they were ready.

boy power

Banned
Jul 29, 2019
Probably not going to be as diverse and inclusive as Overwatch, which was the whole reason I honestly got into Overwatch. I'm going to assume most of the characters are going to be stripperwaifus with guns.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
My main concern is that the TTK seems so low that any kind of ability will be very hard to balance. I'm definitely interested. As someone who loves csgo and thinks overwatch is a mess and loved the shadowrun on 360. This could hit the sweet spot.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably not going to be as diverse and inclusive as Overwatch, which was the whole reason I honestly got into Overwatch. I'm going to assume most of the characters are going to be stripperwaifus with guns.

League has a large amount of diversity and inclusion. There's even a trans character. I don't think lack of diversity would be an issue.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
looks like bad counterstrike. putting in abilities didn't work for quake and it's not going to work for counterstrike

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018

Do you honestly play comp shooters for diversity over mechanics/design? I wouldn't care if all characters were grey blobs as long as it plays well, is competitive with good support. CS lacks the good support so I'd happily give this a go.

boy power

Banned
Jul 29, 2019
Do you honestly play comp shooters for diversity over mechanics/design? I wouldn't care if all characters were grey blobs as long as it plays well, is competitive with good support. CS lacks the good support so I'd happily give this a go.
Yes, I do want good character design and variety/diversity in a CHARACTER BASED competitive shooter. Shooters aren't my thing to begin with but they can woo me in with promises of diversity and fascinating lore. Obviously the game needs good mechanics and design, and that should ALWAYS be the standard. Diversity isn't standard, and that's what I want.

You can want what you want, but I have other priorities when it comes to shooters and games in general. That doesn't make me a lesser person or a lesser '' gamer. ''

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I would've agreed with the latter part a while ago but lately CS is getting almost weekly updates. Sure there's no typical season or battle pass shenanigans but to say there's no good support is a bit much imo.

Besides, all signs point towards a big update soon anyway so fingers crossed!

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they are more on the R6 Siege side than Overwatch when it comes to characters/abilities balance vs individual skill. Gunfights should still win the day in a shooter.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If nothing else, this game seems to fix the thing I absolutely hate about CSGO - bullets not going where your reticle is aimed. Yeah yeah, I know there are recoil patterns. The reticle should still follow that pattern. While learning how to play it, I got so sick of holding my reticle dead center on an enemy (while not moving), unloading half a mag, and getting 1 hit for 20 damage. This isn't how any shooter is made anymore, and for good reason.

Oct 17, 2018
The creator of Taliyah has said she is trans. Neeko's dialogue when shapeshifting into Taliyah also implies it. I wish they'd be more forthright with it though rather than it being an obscure detail
Apparently the original intent was to make her trans but they never went through with it lore wise, so it's just the lead creator that thinks of her as trans