• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely Sick. Can't wait to try this out.

ScarletJon

Prophet of Truth
Jun 25, 2018
Now that I think about it, free to play fighting game is quite an empty market. This and MultiVersus are going to have their hold. Brawlhalla is the closest IIRC.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
On one hand, having 2 Black leads for a big new fighting game is exciting. On the other hand, Riot Games.

That said, I do like how they made Ekko the poster boy for Project L (take notes, Capcom). And 2v2 is a solid way forward for this.

Last edited:

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
No special inputs makes me feel like there has to be something they're not showing in terms of execution otherwise its going to be these lengthy, easy to perform combos which is sleep inducing. Assuming there's probably lenient buffer and windows for combos. Oh well...hopefully the neutral is interesting enough.

May 15, 2019
Oh no doubt. Level 0 access from boot to a company owned by Tencent. No dodgy CCP connections there. I'll be honest on a forum that's filled with gaming enthusiasts I'm surprised you're the only one to mention it and even more surprised how little acknowledgement it received
Even outside of here I feel like the rootkit in Valorant just kind of blew over without much fuss after they came up with their non-solution. Never touched Valorant despite being interested and if this has the same rootkit I'm not gonna touch this either even though I'm always looking forward to try new fighting games.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Netcode that punishes people with shitty connections.

The genius of it.

Personally I don't care for the use of limited framerate animation, I think this is a very unfortunate decision especially after watching Arcane which is exquisitely and smoothly animated. I'll keep my eye on it though and will definitely give it a try whenever it releases.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Hopefully there'll be some characters with regular command controls. It may sound weird, but I find simple control characters like Ed and Falke in SFV harder to use lol, my brain can't get used to their inputs.

It's not weird. Traditional fighting game inputs are a language that has been in video games (not just fighting games) for over 30 years. No matter how simplified a new scheme is, you're demanding players relearn years of muscle memory.

So it's fine for people who have never played fighting games before, but it's always going to be disorienting for those who have. Even small shit like doing down, down for DPs in Marvel Infinite messed me up.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oh no doubt. Level 0 access from boot to a company owned by Tencent. No dodgy CCP connections there. I'll be honest on a forum that's filled with gaming enthusiasts I'm surprised you're the only one to mention it and even more surprised how little acknowledgement it received
Tencent ≠ CCP

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Mainly because ultimately it doesn't actually matter to the vast vast majority of people as long as it doesn't interfere with the enjoyment of the player. It sucks but that's how it is.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Those Ekko combos look absolutely insane.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
First the RPG, now this. It's like they're actively trying to get me into League of Legends.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay looks pretty good. Really not a fan of no traditional inputs though.

Valorant with the CS core is ok but a fighting game can't have normal inputs..

It is pretty funny how GG deciced long combos are bad meanwhile mainstream property League went all in by now actually making it a tag fighter with long ass combos

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
This is going to be huge

really wonder how they monetize it
maybe similar to how LoL does it, where it rotates what characters are free, OR you could just buy a character for earned credit or real money, then the big cash items are skins and colors, especially stuff like limited skins

LoL already has so many skins for characters they could make some serious bank translating them to the characters in the fighting game

Ovvv

Banned
Jan 11, 2019
maybe similar to how LoL does it, where it rotates what characters are free, OR you could just buy a character for earned credit or real money, then the big cash items are skins and colors, especially stuff like limited skins

LoL already has so many skins for characters they could make some serious bank translating them to the characters in the fighting game

It'll probably just have the roster available for free and skins will be paid.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Sounds good especially the netcode stuff, although I am not a lol player and I don't like those character designs.
Also something about the hitstun and movement looks a bit weird maybe it's slower than what I am used to.

I can't wait for the game to come out and put to shame every other fg in terms of netcode and multiplayer experience and put some fire in the traditional fg makers behind.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Even outside of here I feel like the rootkit in Valorant just kind of blew over without much fuss after they came up with their non-solution. Never touched Valorant despite being interested and if this has the same rootkit I'm not gonna touch this either even though I'm always looking forward to try new fighting games.
Mainly because ultimately it doesn't actually matter to the vast vast majority of people as long as it doesn't interfere with the enjoyment of the player. It sucks but that's how it is.
It's a shame but yeah seemingly true. It won't really bother people unless it gets exploited and they get hit.
Perhaps not, but Tencent haven't exactly instilled any trust given they allow WeChat to be exploited to target Muslims for the CCP.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I will say this, having a Black kid being the poster boy for Project L feels like a subtle middle finger to Capcom seemingly hedging their bets on just another white guy with blonde hair & blue eyes (Luke), & I respect that.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well that's why Riot bought his company.

Still, been waiting for this since 2016 when they got bought out, looks good and if Riot do this properly they will clean house. Lots of fighting games persist in arsebackwards ideas and philosophies and delay based netcode, there's real space for a newcomer to sweep in and take over.
Honestly? I don't think there's enough of a market in fighting games for Riot. If it wasn't for them acquiring Hytale, I'd predict this will be the first Riot to shut down.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
It is pretty funny how GG deciced long combos are bad meanwhile mainstream property League went all in by now actually making it a tag fighter with long ass combos

DBFZ broke me... easy execution 20 second long combos turning it into a single player experience. I doubt this will be THAT bad, but that Ahri clip looked wack.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Given that Riot's other stuff rips off shitty games I was expecting this to be a Tekken clone or something, but a 2 character assist game? Damn, I'm actually gonna give this a shot. When it comes to assist fighters, 2 character teams are my limit. The move to mostly 3 character teams really bounced me off of them.

Ovvv

Banned
Jan 11, 2019
I will say this, having a Black kid being the poster boy for Project L feels like a subtle middle finger to Capcom seemingly hedging their bets on just another white guy with blonde hair & blue eyes (Luke), & I respect that.

I wish this was actually intentional lol

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think this tweet was about KOF, but I think it applies here:

Now that's a tweet I can get behind. ;)

Anyway reading that what they showed is just a vertical slice I gotta wonder how much if anything in this video will actually end up being representative of the final game.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Can't tell if the amount of frames they're using for characters looks fucked up or if it's just the weird ass 24fps footage they put out doing it a disservice.

(I'm a bit surprised this a 1v1 tag fighter. It feels like an aspect of the MOBA genres success is built on being a pissy bitch that deflect blame onto your teammates, so I got the vibe that Riot were gonna push them into emphasizing this as a team fighter.)