Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
Anyone wanna do some double tournaments? im a diamond 2 gt: dusktildawn48

edit:well this dumb that i cant just matchmake with people, i have no one to play with, and 1s make me want to uninstall.

Last edited:

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Tournament mode is really neat. Played in a few 1s tournies and I had to play against King Ranny at one point. He wrecked me 10-1 but it was honestly a lot of fun, really shows me how far I have to go in 1v1s.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I naively thought opening a loot crate would randomly give you a bunch of items. Anyway, I got a boost trail (or whatever they're called) that I wanted, but it was painted in a color I didn't want. Ah well. Wish there was a way to earn keys in game.

--

Those DC decals look great.

you earn keys by trading crates for them. when new crates come out they're worth a lot. i've never spent real money on this game (and i don't use the keys i trade for to open crates either) but i have like 100+ keys worth of stuff.

as far as loot crate systems go, i think this game's is actually pretty good, especially now that there are decryptors. the inclusion of trading means i can eventually get pretty much anything i want just by playing the game.

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
I miss the early days where we were all terrible and we had the numbers to run a nice sized tournament :(

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
You're definitely much better than when you started. I think what made it so fun was that we all were learning the game at the same time. I didn't even aerial in the first tournament we had lol
Yeah I think I'm far better than I once was but have never really committed to practicing nor playing with consistently better players. I just play unranked all day while relaxing and watching movies. I have my fun.

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think I'm far better than I once was but have never really committed to practicing nor playing with consistently better players. I just play unranked all day while relaxing and watching movies. I have my fun.
Thats the way to play, but ya, those tournaments jump started my career in a way. How I met Laz. Fun times. Now I rarely play :(

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Thats the way to play, but ya, those tournaments jump started my career in a way. How I met Laz. Fun times. Now I rarely play :(
Still sad that you aren't playing much these days. I get it though.

Played in one of the RLRS qualifiers on Saturday, we had a pretty crazy run. Lost in the first round which was a huge disappointment but then we won 8 straight matches to make it to the loser's final against Heroiikz and his team. We beat them game 1 but lost 2 and 3 so we finished 3rd overall, just barely missing out on top 128. It was a really fun experience for a scrub player like myself though.

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, I'm coming back to this game after a very long hiatus (when I come back, I always wonder why I stopped playing. This game is fantastic). As a result, all of the new microtransactions and loot crates are new to me. Is there any way to get keys aside from buying them with real money? I'm not going to spend any real cash, so are the crates useless to me?

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Hey guys, I'm coming back to this game after a very long hiatus (when I come back, I always wonder why I stopped playing. This game is fantastic). As a result, all of the new microtransactions and loot crates are new to me. Is there any way to get keys aside from buying them with real money? I'm not going to spend any real cash, so are the crates useless to me?
I also recently came back to the game. You can get keys by buying them with real money or trading items/crates for them. I have a lot of victory crates and have had success getting 1 key for every 3 or 4 of those.

Ev_Rock

Nov 20, 2017
So far, regular keys can only be bought with money or traded for. Psyonix did recently add limited items called Decryptors that can open crates and be earned through normal play.

The way it works is there is an established event period, during which playing games earns you a limited in-game currency (e.g., they had a Halloween event where you earned candy corn). Once you amass enough of that currency, you can use it to purchase Decryptors and some other limited items (e.g., toppers, decals, etc.). Decryptors can open any crate, but the catch is that any item you receive is locked to your account, so it can't be traded.

There is no event happening at this time, but there will likely be one sometime in the spring. Hope that helps.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
I regret using decryptors during the Christmas event. I got a hellfire goal explosion, but I don't like it much (too edgy for me). I would have loved to be able to trade it.

Speaking of crates. I haven't gotten anything interesting in a while, but I bought 5 keys yesterday and got a Chameleon mystery decal and a crimson toon sketch boost.
That felt good :P I've tried to look up the value of them online, but I'm on Switch and it's hard to find the right value.

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
I regret using decryptors during the Christmas event. I got a hellfire goal explosion, but I don't like it much (too edgy for me). I would have loved to be able to trade it.

Speaking of crates. I haven't gotten anything interesting in a while, but I bought 5 keys yesterday and got a Chameleon mystery decal and a crimson toon sketch boost.
That felt good :P I've tried to look up the value of them online, but I'm on Switch and it's hard to find the right value.
I'm pretty sure you get better loot with decryptors, so you may not have gotten the goal explosion with a key.

Ev_Rock

Nov 20, 2017
I've gotten decent items and crap ones with decryptors, so the jury is out on that.

In other news, I just watched Pep's team beat PhantomACE's team on stream to secure RLRS play-ins. Was a really close match. GGs to you guys.

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten decent items and crap ones with decryptors, so the jury is out on that.

In other news, I just watched Pep's team beat PhantomACE's team on stream to secure RLRS play-ins. Was a really close match. GGs to you guys.
Oh you were watching that? I felt bad for him. Those two own goals in game 3. Ouch

Ev_Rock

Nov 20, 2017
Yeah, I tuned in to see how his team would do and was pleasantly surprised to see your name on the opposite team during that last series. There was one point in game 2 or 3 where he spotted you hunting down one of his teammates and called out "Pep's chasing, watch out for the demo!" You ended up getting the guy and your team scored soon after. Be proud that your reputation for demos is known far and wide, hehe.

Despite those own goals, Phantom played better than I expected. Only thing was, when the game speed goes up and gets a little frantic, you can tell he looks a little lost out there. A good showing for his squad regardless.

GL to you in the play-ins!

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
I haven't played this since December, I do the placement matches and for the first time ever I hit Champion rank. Wow... It seems I benefit from long breaks, whenever I come back I'm somehow better.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
-_-

Yeah, I saw it later, they slightly lowered the entry point. Still, I feel like I'm playing really well, I even scored a double touch goal which never happens. I went 9-1 btw.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
Vertically tilted car flicks because the visual looks unflickable so theyll contest me anyways, ceiling dunks, ceiling shots, p good corner shot with air roll to beat out defender, etc

Last edited:

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Since I can't make a account on the Psyonix forum for whatever reason, if anyone here has one could someone perhaps make a new suggestion thread there? I wanted to make a suggestion to allow a XBOX/PS button-prompt toggle so you still have PS icon prompts while using a DS4 with Steam.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow at that footage. I've only just started playing maybe a month ago if that and finally popped my online cherry this weekend. Been playing splitscreen with my son, otherwise.

I'm gonna need to know some basics and online etiquette because I have a decent eye for the ball and shots but lack in execution and knowledge.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
Wow at that footage. I've only just started playing maybe a month ago if that and finally popped my online cherry this weekend. Been playing splitscreen with my son, otherwise.

I'm gonna need to know some basics and online etiquette because I have a decent eye for the ball and shots but lack in execution and knowledge.
play ranked to get better (argument, only play ranked? honest opinion, unranked is really frustrating instead of fun), don't worry about getting flamed, don't take advice from pretty much everyone at the start, and work on improving the most in free play.
Get consistent at hitting the ball in general, understanding how that works, etc

and have fun~
learning in rl is genuinely fun imo

Oct 27, 2017
play ranked to get better (argument, only play ranked? honest opinion, unranked is really frustrating instead of fun), don't worry about getting flamed, don't take advice from pretty much everyone at the start, and work on improving the most in free play.
Get consistent at hitting the ball in general, understanding how that works, etc

and have fun~
learning in rl is genuinely fun imo
Thanks, yeah I'm only playing ranked (competitive is considered rank, yes?).

I've sort of made my own unwritten rule where if I'm starting behind the pack, I'm relegated to defense/goalie for the onset and assess the down field play before making an offensive play.