• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Solo standard is not a mode that can be understood. I'm 90% solo queue for standard as well and see the same thing. Even though you would think solo players willing to do implicit teamwork would be the normal for solo standard mode it seems to be used as more of a joke mode for people who don't want to risk their standard rank, so people ignore rotations and go for balls they normally wouldn't. I think as such maybe it emphasizes mechanical skill over intelligent play, at least I feel like my mechanical skill is usually the thing lagging behind, and my solo standard rank is a little harder to get up. There might be an element of low population at play as well, something with the ranking algorithm not filling up to the top ranks properly. I don't know.

But it's definitely a weird playlist.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Man RL on Switch is fantastic. Playing it before morning or bed or just during breaks is great.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
Played for the first time in a while. Got a Decryptor and used it on a Spring Crate to get a Certified White Hip-Hop decal for the Jäger 619...except I don't own the 619.

I'm guessing it wouldn't be worth trading for one, would it?

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Been getting a drop per day for this weekend stream. got 2 of the razzle wheels! No colors, but the green is actually super usable for my setups, so I'm pumped about that.

Anyone want to trade for the second set? Been wanting anodized, imperator, or some unicorn horns (pink, in particular).

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a trading system or way to do trading for those who are on console? I have so much shit I don't want and would love to trade for either crates or other things.

I haven't been playing much lately.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Got everything I wanted from the new spring items. Used all 5 decryptors, and got two things I'm happy with. Toon rocket boost and fireworks goal explosion. Unfortunately, you can't trade decrypted items with other players, but at least you can still trade them up on your own. I'm just glad I didn't get something that was worth a lot of keys as I would've wanted to trade that with someone.

Anyway, RL is still such a blast. It's the one game that even when I'm losing or not doing well, I'm having a good time. The only time I get annoyed is when people want to quit after being down only a point or two. Especially in ranked matches. I don't get why people are such pussies about losing.

iosa

Oct 27, 2017
Toulouse, France
Is there a trading system or way to do trading for those who are on console? I have so much shit I don't want and would love to trade for either crates or other things.

I haven't been playing much lately.

You can go on reddit or here for trading. Just be carefull if you want to trade valuable items.

I'm just glad I didn't get something that was worth a lot of keys as I would've wanted to trade that with someone.

That's me. I bought ~20 keys just before the event and best I got was a painted toon sketch boost.

I used 1 decryptor and got chameleon.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Got everything I wanted from the new spring items. Used all 5 decryptors, and got two things I'm happy with. Toon rocket boost and fireworks goal explosion. Unfortunately, you can't trade decrypted items with other players, but at least you can still trade them up on your own. I'm just glad I didn't get something that was worth a lot of keys as I would've wanted to trade that with someone.

Anyway, RL is still such a blast. It's the one game that even when I'm losing or not doing well, I'm having a good time. The only time I get annoyed is when people want to quit after being down only a point or two. Especially in ranked matches. I don't get why people are such pussies about losing.

Sometimes I rage quit because people are trying to lose the game on purpose. Not rage quit the match, but just altogether shut it down for the evening.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone has (victory, champions, players choice) crates they dont intent to use ? I can give or buy you something else in return.

Planning to do a 100 crates opening just for fun.

tmkn

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
People should get insta banned if they ff at 0:1. Just had such a tryhard, decides to grief, it's 1v2, score a goal, decides to come back o_O

Also bought the '89 batmobile, idk but it's kind great, seems quick to get in the air and rotate

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
People should get insta banned if they ff at 0:1. Just had such a tryhard, decides to grief, it's 1v2, score a goal, decides to come back o_O

I'll one up that: It's 2:2. One teammate makes an aerial pass in front of opposing goal. Since I'm in better position I jump to take the shot. Other mate goes for it too, bumps me and we both miss. He wants to FF because I took his shot. I get the next shot in and we are in the lead. He proceeds to bump me for the rest of the match and also scores an autogoal. Naturally, we lost the match.
I hope that report function really means something, I used it hundreds of times by now. I wish there was some feedback, like when I report someone on PSN.

Last edited:

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a market for painted toppers? I have a few non-certified ones I know I'm never gonna equip and I don't know whether I should trade them or wait til I have enough of them so I can get a higher rarity item.

For the record, I play the XB1 version.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Hat.
Rocket_League_Screenshot_2018.03.28_-_19.10.32.99.png

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
Is there a market for painted toppers? I have a few non-certified ones I know I'm never gonna equip and I don't know whether I should trade them or wait til I have enough of them so I can get a higher rarity item.

For the record, I play the XB1 version.

Usually not, but you can check on https://rocket-league.com/trading if someone specifically wants certain topper. Cat ears and halo (usually white or black variant) are the only ones that might get you a key, otherwise, you are better off trading in.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I have this on Ps4 Pro and haven't played in over a year, mostly due to my own issues with controls, thinking of going back to it on Xbox One X instead. I am more comfortable with Xbox controller but more importantly network performance.

Will I enjoy the Xbox X version more? And it has cross platform play too?

I could also buy it on Switch for portable madness, and keep the PS4 pro version for couch home use...

Theylen

Banned
Feb 8, 2018
I have this on Ps4 Pro and haven't played in over a year, mostly due to my own issues with controls, thinking of going back to it on Xbox One X instead. I am more comfortable with Xbox controller but more importantly network performance.

Will I enjoy the Xbox X version more? And it has cross platform play too?

I could also buy it on Switch for portable madness, and keep the PS4 pro version for couch home use...

Your xbox one x had better network performance? That doesn't make sense to me

I don't think you'd enjoy either one more per se, since your matches are going to look the same even with Switch players involved. PS4 has been doing cross play with PC for forever

I like having Rocket League on Switch as well but it is definitely the inferior version of the game

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Just bought this on Switch. Spur of the moment purchase for just over $10... It's on sale and I used MyNintendo coins for a further reduced price...

Downloading now. What am I in for, lol?

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought this on Switch. Spur of the moment purchase for just over $10... It's on sale and I used MyNintendo coins for a further reduced price...

Downloading now. What am I in for, lol?
let's see...On Steam I currently have 2500+ hours and I still play nearly every day. What you are in for is one of the funnest, deepest, mechanically perfect competitive multiplayer games ever made. It can be enjoyed at every level and even thousands of hours later you can still improve and learn new things. Enjoy.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
let's see...On Steam I currently have 2500+ hours and I still play nearly every day. What you are in for is one of the funnest, deepest, mechanically perfect competitive multiplayer games ever made. It can be enjoyed at every level and even thousands of hours later you can still improve and learn new things. Enjoy.
Truth. I play less, but have since around launch. Almost 800 hours here.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
Back from japan vacation and
mid c3 (1420) to 1580 (+70 above gc, like 70 from top 100) in a sitting with 3 losses

ranked is dead af.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Yes!

Must be for April Fools, right?!

304CD3547EDC71D246AEBFFCDD73F17CEE06D7A3

0FE165FA9E87BA6BB99F57EE4E42004B639A6805

hats with ragdoll physics are unaffected.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Happened mid-match in ranked and almost cost me the game because I was screen-capping.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
Thought I'd ask here first: Would trading a Dominus GT and FSL tires for a Jager 619 be considered a fair deal?

Droopaloop

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure where to post this.. Playing on Xbox. My friend and myself can't seem to get into the same Rocket League party with one other to save our lives. This was never an issue 3 months ago. I've opened all the ports for the xbox on my router. We both have open NAT's, but we can't play with one another. We have tried rebooting modems and xbox's. Nothing seems to work. The whole thing is bizarre because it never was an issue a while ago. If anybody is suffering from a similar problem and has a fix, I would appreciate it.

Also, We've tried the private match thing, restarted consoles, rebooted routers, opened ports. Like i'm lost at the moment.

Last edited:

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
I'm using a dualshock 4 controller on PC. Is there a way to make the rumble more intense?

I was using a wired 360 pad but it broke. It gave nice and strong force feedback. On the DS4 I can barely feel it. Thanks.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Lmao. My odds at getting something good from a crate are miles better on XB1 than PS4. Just got some exotic wheels, an import body, import rocket boost and a couple of animated decals.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
why? I like it, it tells me exactly when I run out of boost without having to look.
Can only mess up inputs by the end, on top of that you'll eventually be rotating in a manner where you don't need to actively know how much boost you have due to smart pickups anyways.
(Okay not really but by the time that sentence is relevant to you rumble wont be anyways, I can promise that.)

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
Can only mess up inputs by the end, on top of that you'll eventually be rotating in a manner where you don't need to actively know how much boost you have due to smart pickups anyways.
(Okay not really but by the time that sentence is relevant to you rumble wont be anyways, I can promise that.)
Thanks but I do know how to rotate (well, decently).. i'm champ 1 in standard.

Just want to increase the rumble on my ds4.

Oct 25, 2017
I also jumped on the switch version since it is on sale. Already own it on pc and PS4 and while the switch version doesn't look quite as good it performs mostly fine and is a lot of fun to play in bed or wherever you desire. Can't wait to see how it will look after the patch this week as I only play it in handheld mode. I just wish cosmetics carried over between versions like Fortnite. Would be awesome but I guess that isn't happening.

levious

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure where to post this.. Playing on Xbox. My friend and myself can't seem to get into the same Rocket League party with one other to save our lives. This was never an issue 3 months ago. I've opened all the ports for the xbox on my router. We both have open NAT's, but we can't play with one another. We have tried rebooting modems and xbox's. Nothing seems to work. The whole thing is bizarre because it never was an issue a while ago. If anybody is suffering from a similar problem and has a fix, I would appreciate it.

Also, We've tried the private match thing, restarted consoles, rebooted routers, opened ports. Like i'm lost at the moment.

Is your xbox set for quick start up? My friends and I have all had to turn off that option to get rid of hangups in parties across all games.